Had Some Extra Parts Laying Around

Oh Thank God!

When I saw the header I thought somebody picked up a few extra bits and pieces at a Planned Parenthood store and was assembling a little Frakenfant.
It's on my to do list. Gotta wait for Igor to get back from vacation.

No, AR15Discounts. I think they only had 2 in stock, supposedly "blemished" but I can't see where.

I buy a lot of stuff from AR-15Discounts.

Free shipping and they have yet to charge me the filthy ass Florida Internet tax.

You got the scope and riser for $60 bucks? What is it? 3 power or better with a reticle would be fine for me. Been thinking about a scope.
If you're looking for a more standard budget scope there's the CVLIFE 4-16x44 Tactical Rifle Scope with mounting rings, $54 on Amazon.

Monstrum makes excellent scopes also but they're gonna cost more.

Rifle Scopes

Both are considered budget scopes (mostly) so don't be looking for higher end Vortex quality but they're not bad for the price. CVLIFE is Chinese, Monstrum is US made and some of their higher end scopes are on a par with many Vortex scopes.

If you're looking for a more standard budget scope there's the CVLIFE 4-16x44 Tactical Rifle Scope with mounting rings, $54 on Amazon.

Monstrum makes excellent scopes also but they're gonna cost more.

Rifle Scopes

Both are considered budget scopes (mostly) so don't be looking for higher end Vortex quality but they're not bad for the price. CVLIFE is Chinese, Monstrum is US made and some of their higher end scopes are on a par with many Vortex scopes.

That's enough if it meets basic needs. I'm not looking for a sniper setup, just something to help my 67 year old eyes at 3-400 meters where I never needed a scope back in the day. Your AR does not have a rear site. I like my flip up if I can see. I can definitly acquire much quicker on iron sights. Is yours high enough, I could use either/or, or does it make a rear flip up useless, and what happens to my spotweld in my steady hold/aim trained approach to shooting?

That's enough if it meets basic needs. I'm not looking for a sniper setup, just something to help my 67 year old eyes at 3-400 meters where I never needed a scope back in the day. Your AR does not have a rear site. I like my flip up if I can see. I can definitly acquire much quicker on iron sights. Is yours high enough, I could use either/or, or does it make a rear flip up useless, and what happens to my spotweld in my steady hold/aim trained approach to shooting?
A good rear flip up will cost as much if not more than the scope did, a cheap mil brand around 20% less than the scope so I didn't bother. My 67 year old eyes prefer the scope. You can get low profile iron sights and an open riser (3/4 - 1" high) to us the iron sights under the scope. The Magpul Mbus rear sight will set you back around $58, a FAB Defense rear sight (the best rated out of all rear sights) around $90.

A good rear flip up will cost as much if not more than the scope did, a cheap mil brand around 20% less than the scope so I didn't bother. My 67 year old eyes prefer the scope. You can get low profile iron sights and an open riser (3/4 - 1" high) to us the iron sights under the scope. The Magpul Mbus rear sight will set you back around $58, a FAB Defense rear sight (the best rated out of all rear sights) around $90.
Thanks. Already knew you were my age and would be good one to ask. Does your spotweld become a chinweld instead of cheekbone with a scope on an AR? Only thing I have with a scope is my hunting rifle that has had a Weaver, ever since I have owned it (forever).

Thanks. Already knew you were my age and would be good one to ask. Does your spotweld become a chinweld instead of cheekbone with a scope on an AR? Only thing I have with a scope is my hunting rifle that has had a Weaver, ever since I have owned it (forever).
Unfortunately at my age and physical condition my spotweld has become a skin pillow............ But no, it's not a chinweld. To use standard iron sights on an AR platform my cheekweld becomes a lower eyelid weld..............

Unfortunately at my age and physical condition my spotweld has become a skin pillow............ But no, it's not a chinweld. To use standard iron sights on an AR platform my cheekweld becomes a lower eyelid weld..............
I am an old fart. For the last couple of decades I couldn't use iron sights for shit. Then I got Cataract surgery and now everything is as clear as a bell.

I've been very pleased with the 3X Burris AR-332 Prism scope. I use one on both a CZ Bren 2Ms and a lightweight AR build I cobbled together.....It's around $280.00 not counting the Burris QD base. It's Chi-Com made though.

k 002 (2).JPG

The AR build is on a KE Arms poly lower (A1 stock length) and I used a Faxon 16" fluted mid-length "pencil" barrel and a BCM hand-guard. It comes-in as pictured at 7# with a empty 20-rounder. Other than the optic it was a inexpensive build as I had everything else in my parts drawer but the lower, most of which I picked-up here and there when AR stuff was cheap. I only gave $25 for the lightly used BCM HG because it was missing the attachment hardware but another $25 for the hardware and it was GTG.

To be honest I did not know if I would like the KE Arms lower or not but it's been solid so far.....Both it and the Burris have been pleasant surprises. :)

I've been very pleased with the 3X Burris AR-332 Prism scope. I use one on both a CZ Bren 2Ms and a lightweight AR build I cobbled together.....It's around $280.00 not counting the Burris QD base. It's Chi-Com made though.

View attachment 568200

The AR build is on a KE Arms poly lower (A1 stock length) and I used a Faxon 16" fluted mid-length "pencil" barrel and a BCM hand-guard. It comes-in as pictured at 7# with a empty 20-rounder. Other than the optic it was a inexpensive build as I had everything else in my parts drawer but the lower, most of which I picked-up here and there when AR stuff was cheap. I only gave $25 for the lightly used BCM HG because it was missing the attachment hardware but another $25 for the hardware and it was GTG.

To be honest I did not know if I would like the KE Arms lower or not but it's been solid so far.....Both it and the Burris have been pleasant surprises. :)
You don't have enough accessories on that bad boy...........

iu

:lol:

Forum List

Back