Haas Pulls Grosjean From Indy Car Ride

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
Gene Haas tells Romain Grosjean to stay home and take care of his family. I am no fan of Grosjean as I think he is a dangerous driver, and obviously Gene Haas feels the same.

"He has a wife and three kids, and I just told him I couldn't see giving him money to go out and kill himself. I just felt like he needs to stay home and He has a wife and three kids, and I just told him I couldn't see giving him money to go out and kill himself. I just felt like he needs to stay home and take care of his family. He escaped the big one there," Haas told Racer. "If you really understood what happened there... If that car had been a few degrees one way or the other, he wouldn't have been able to get out through that hoop, and he would have died. So, extremely lucky."

"I just could not fathom having to face a widow or his kids. I just couldn't do that," Haas concluded. "So I said, 'nah, stay home, I can't help you there anymore.'"

Gene Haas Pulled Romain Grosjean's IndyCar Sponsorship Out of Fear of Facing 'Widow or His Kids' (msn.com)

Forum List

Back