H.R 1 : For the People Act of 2019

keepitreal

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2016
Chiraq
To expand Americans' access to the ballot box,
reduce the influence of big money in politics,
and strengthen ethics rules for public servants, and for other purposes.

Congress has the power to enact this legislation
pursuant to the following:
Article I, Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution under the General Welfare Clause

The first clause of Article I, Section 8, reads, "The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States."

Revenues. H.R. 1 would create an additional assessment on many criminal and civil penalties currently imposed by the federal government, or on related settlements, equal to 2.75 percent of the penalty or settlement amount. The proceeds from those additional assessments would be deposited into the Freedom From Influence Fund created under H.R. 1. The additional assessments on nontax penalties and settlements would generally apply only to organizations. The additional assessments on tax penalties would apply to all taxpayers except individual taxpayers whose taxable income does not exceed the dollar amount at which the top tax bracket begins.

CBO and the staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) estimate that the assessments would increase revenues by $144 million in 2020 and by $1.9 billion over the 2020-2029 period. Those estimates are based on information from the Internal Revenue Service, the Office of Management and Budget, and other agencies. CBO and JCT estimate that the higher assessments would increase compliance, which would reduce the base of such penalties and settlements and also result in additional collections of income taxes. In addition, the assessments on civil monetary penalties and settlements would reduce the base for income and payroll taxes; consequently, the revenues from the assessments would be partially offset by lower income and payroll taxes. In total, CBO estimates those net effects would total $35 million in 2020 and $218 million over the 2020-2029 period.

So, this legislation was introduced on January 3, 2019
the first day of the 116th Congress...

Not only is the legislation mind boggling
but, how they will pay for it and what the money will be spent on,
is even more mind blowing, to say the least

When Nancy Pelosi said, this Congress will be “for the people”
I knew she was full of shit but, now I know what she was talking about

So, I’ve left a link to the legislation
and to where the revenue would come from....

Let’s start from the beginning, shall we....

SEC. 1000. SHORT TITLE; STATEMENT OF POLICY.
(a) Short Title.—This title may be cited as the “Voter Empowerment Act of 2019”.

(b) Statement Of Policy.—It is the policy of the United States that—

(1) all eligible citizens of the United States should access and exercise their constitutional right to vote in a free, fair, and timely manner; and

(2) the integrity, security, and accountability of the voting process must be vigilantly protected, maintained, and enhanced in order to protect and preserve electoral and participatory democracy in the United States.

So, what.... voting will be mandatory

SEC. 1000A. SHORT TITLE.
This subtitle may be cited as the “Voter Registration Modernization Act of 2019”

SEC. 1001. REQUIRING AVAILABILITY OF INTERNET FOR VOTER REGISTRATION.
52 U.S.C. 20501 et seq.) is amended by inserting after section 6 the following new section:

“SEC. 6A. INTERNET REGISTRATION.

“(a) Requiring Availability Of Internet For Online Registration.—

“(1) AVAILABILITY OF ONLINE REGISTRATION AND CORRECTION OF EXISTING REGISTRATION INFORMATION.—Each State, acting through the chief State election official, shall ensure that the following services are available to the public at any time on the official public websites of the appropriate State and local election officials in the State, in the same manner and subject to the same terms and conditions as the services provided by voter registration agencies under section 7(a):

“(A) Online application for voter registration.

“(B) Online assistance to applicants in applying to register to vote.

“(C) Online completion and submission by applicants of the mail voter registration application form prescribed by the Election Assistance Commission pursuant to section 9(a)(2), including assistance with providing a signature as required under subsection (c).

“(D) Online receipt of completed voter registration applications.

“(b) Acceptance Of Completed Applications.—A State shall accept an online voter registration application provided by an individual under this section, and ensure that the individual is registered to vote in the State, if—

“(1) the individual meets the same voter registration requirements applicable to individuals who register to vote by mail in accordance with section 6(a)(1) using the mail voter registration application form prescribed by the Election Assistance Commission pursuant to section 9(a)(2); and

“(2) the individual meets the requirements of subsection (c) to provide a signature in electronic form (but only in the case of applications submitted during or after the second year in which this section is in effect in the State).

“(c) Signature Requirements.—

“(1) IN GENERAL.—For purposes of this section, an individual meets the requirements of this subsection as follows:

“(A) In the case of an individual who has a signature on file with a State agency, including the State motor vehicle authority, that is required to provide voter registration services under this Act or any other law, the individual consents to the transfer of that electronic signature.

“(B) If subparagraph (A) does not apply, the individual submits with the application an electronic copy of the individual’s handwritten signature through electronic means.

“(C) If subparagraph (A) and subparagraph (B) do not apply, the individual executes a computerized mark in the signature field on an online voter registration application, in accordance with reasonable security measures established by the State, but only if the State accepts such mark from the individual.

“(2) TREATMENT OF INDIVIDUALS UNABLE TO MEET REQUIREMENT.—If an individual is unable to meet the requirements of paragraph (1), the State shall—

“(A) permit the individual to complete all other elements of the online voter registration application;

“(B) permit the individual to provide a signature at the time the individual requests a ballot in an election (whether the individual requests the ballot at a polling place or requests the ballot by mail); and

“(C) if the individual carries out the steps described in subparagraph (A) and subparagraph (B), ensure that the individual is registered to vote in the State.

“(3) NOTICE.—The State shall ensure that individuals applying to register to vote online are notified of the requirements of paragraph (1) and of the treatment of individuals unable to meet such requirements, as described in paragraph (2).

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!

Register online and provide your signature at a later time
or use a mark in the signature field

This makes perfect sense
further into the legislation

Ah, so now we know what Democrats were doing since 2016. They were writing a law that will produce unlimited voter fraud. I like how they gave it a Communist name too, the People Act. It's always people this and people that with communists, as if communist government really cares about the people. Democrats are evil.

Whatever the cause, it'll pale by comparisson to mandatory internet registration.....~S~

Ah, so now we know what Democrats were doing since 2016. They were writing a law that will produce unlimited voter fraud
EXACTLY
How exactly do you think this will produce unlimited voter fraud? Take me through it...
Omg...can’t you just read the legislation
then see if you still need to ask me that question

Otherwise, I’ll take you through it tomorrow
I did read it. I don’t see where it allows unlimited voter fraud.

This new law would invite voter fraud through its weak verification and many liberal bastions will take advantage of it. This portion of the "Peoples act" is the Democrats weak effort to combat the only law that would ensure fair voting and that's to have a voter ID. The effort that Democrats put into fighting voter ID laws or even clearing voter rolls of dead or illegal voters, proves that they don't care about fair elections. Now many liberal cities are even openly stating their preference to allow illegal aliens to vote.

Forum List

Back