Guns confiscated from private owner Australia

No guns needed, they'll just stab you to death;

Chilling new pics of female serial killer Joanna Dennehy | News.com.au

Chilling new pics of female serial killer Joanna Dennehy

Joanna Dennehy, 31, has admitted stabbling three men to death and dumping their bodies in Cambrudgeshire, England.

Dennehy, pleaded guilty in November to the murders of her lover Kevin Lee, 48, his friend Lukasz Slaboszewski, 31, and housemate John Chapman, 56. She stabbed all three men in the heart in March and April last year and admitted to two other attempted murders.

Page said Dennehy compared her and Stretch to Bonnie and Clyde and when she was asked why she killed three men she replied, "They shouldn't have pissed me off, they shouldn't have flirted with me."

#####

Yes, best these days to treat women with the utmost respect and never flirt with them.

We defended lives, idiot -we banned guns and we SAVED lives. Unlike you pathetic fucks, who care more about owning a shiny weapon than about putting an end to mass shootings.

bigreb, if people wanted to defend their lies, they could do so with a hunting rifle or a handgun. An assault rifle is complete overkill for that purpose. Are you being attacked by the military or something? Although massacres are possible with bolt rifles and handguns and shotguns, it is significantly more difficult to do so. They obviously wanted to make massacres more difficult to pull off.

You want to have a choice on how to defend your life? Here you go:
Handgun
Hunting Rifle
Shotgun
Knives
Bows
Any Number of Medieval Armaments
Blunt Instruments (like a bat)
Etc.
Seems like you still have a choice.

Wrong, dude you're clueless could you defend your life against someone who has a semi automatic rifle and all you have is a one shot bolt action rifle? or would you want a semi automatic 30 round detectable magazine rifle?

If you fire first and not miss, than yes. Semis are really only helpful if you are fighting of several guys at once. Besides, there are semi hunting rifles. And handguns are semi with multiple rounds.

Why are you bitching about Australia? Australia has nothing to do with you. The vast majority of Australians are quite content with their gun laws. It's none of your business. :cuckoo:

He doesn't care about the fact that over 90% of us were in full support of the laws, and willingly handed in their weapons. The vast majority of us still support the gun buyback scheme.

But that's gone over his head.
scheme is right.
scheme noun \ˈskēm\
: a clever and often dishonest plan to do or get something

: an official plan or program of action

: the way that something is arranged or organized

Scheme is right. Read the 2nd definition.

No guns needed, they'll just stab you to death;

Chilling new pics of female serial killer Joanna Dennehy | News.com.au

Chilling new pics of female serial killer Joanna Dennehy

Joanna Dennehy, 31, has admitted stabbling three men to death and dumping their bodies in Cambrudgeshire, England.

Dennehy, pleaded guilty in November to the murders of her lover Kevin Lee, 48, his friend Lukasz Slaboszewski, 31, and housemate John Chapman, 56. She stabbed all three men in the heart in March and April last year and admitted to two other attempted murders.

Page said Dennehy compared her and Stretch to Bonnie and Clyde and when she was asked why she killed three men she replied, "They shouldn't have pissed me off, they shouldn't have flirted with me."

#####

Yes, best these days to treat women with the utmost respect and never flirt with them.

No flirting? Awwww...

Mad as a cut snake, and look at the knife she was carrying.
This is a perfect example of why people demand to be able to arm themselves...self defence against armed psychos...instead of being 'sitting ducks'.
She probably murdered her lover and housemate in their sleep...but the people in the street she attacked had no chance, no weapons for self defence.

He doesn't care about the fact that over 90% of us were in full support of the laws, and willingly handed in their weapons. The vast majority of us still support the gun buyback scheme.

But that's gone over his head.
scheme is right.
scheme noun \ˈskēm\
: a clever and often dishonest plan to do or get something

: an official plan or program of action

: the way that something is arranged or organized

Scheme is right. Read the 2nd definition.
Yes it's still something dishonest.

This is a perfect example of why people demand to be able to arm themselves...self defence against armed psychos...instead of being 'sitting ducks'.
She probably murdered her lover and housemate in their sleep...but the people in the street she attacked had no chance, no weapons for self defence.

I always make it good practice to carry a knife or some other weapon on my person, except when going to places like airports. Never know when a knife might mean the difference between life or death...

I always make it good practice to carry a knife or some other weapon on my person, except when going to places like airports. Never know when a knife might mean the difference between life or death...

I'd like to carry a knife, but that's highly illegal.
If I were caught with it I'd be in vary serious trouble.

Carrying any weapons is a crime...crossbows, swords, pen guns, knuckle dusters, knives, blades of any type, mace, capsicum spray etc.

As a result we're just 'sitting ducks';

Commuters shocked and outraged at daylight train platform rape | News.com.au

Last edited:

I'd like to carry a knife, but that's highly illegal.
If I were caught with it I'd be in vary serious trouble.

Carrying any weapons is a crime...crossbows, swords, pen guns, knuckle dusters, knives, blades of any type, mace, capsicum spray etc.

As a result we're just 'sitting ducks';

Commuters shocked and outraged at daylight train platform rape | News.com.au

Seriously? You can have a knife here so long as you're not stabbing people with it. Lot of people I know carry knives around places. Must be different in Australia.

Just a thought, but what does somebody need with 328 firearms? For hunting and defense and sport, I could see anywhere from three to ten, but 328 seems very excessive.
What does anyone need with fifty billion dollars? Or fifty million dollars? What is more dangerous to a society, some guy with 328 guns and a few tons of ammo, or someone with enough money to bribe hundreds of legislators and judges?

If hoarding is being addressed, why not address all potentially dangerous hoarding?

Just a thought, but what does somebody need with 328 firearms? For hunting and defense and sport, I could see anywhere from three to ten, but 328 seems very excessive.
What does anyone need with fifty billion dollars? Or fifty million dollars? What is more dangerous to a society, some guy with 328 guns and a few tons of ammo, or someone with enough money to bribe hundreds of legislators and judges?

If hoarding is being addressed, why not address all potentially dangerous hoarding?

If you talk of throwing out wealthy bureaucrats, I'm all in. Regardless, seems a bit excessive. Maybe he sold guns or something as a way to supplement his income? I don't know.

Last edited:

a knife is another useful tool one should not leave home without

a knife is another useful tool one should not leave home without

You're right...it never crosses my mind that I might need it for self-defence though.

If you talk of throwing out wealthy bureaucrats, I'm all in. Regardless, seems a bit excessive. Maybe he sold guns or something as a way to supplement his income? I don't know.
Australia has adopted a policy which is the diametric opposite of our beloved Second Amendment, so there is no question that this fellow is legally impeachable. But what about the moral aspect of his arrest and the confiscation of his property? Has he harmed anyone?

Unless he has broken some gun-related law(s) I am left to assume he is simply a hoarder who loves guns. He probably took advantage of Australia's general firearms ban and widespread destruction of confiscated guns and bought up as many as he could afford at bargain prices.

My father was a locksmith with a profitable sideline as an amateur gunsmith. He did very well buying up WW-II era surplus military rifles (mainly American '03 Springfields and German 98 Mausers) and sporterizing them. He bought them in bulk from Kaufman's surplus outlet and, combined with lots of other guns he had, my poor mother was always complaining about "damn guns" all over the house. So I suppose I'm not as impressed as others might be by this Australian fellow's hoard. As long as he had plenty of room 328guns is not a big deal.

Australia has adopted a policy which is the diametric opposite of our beloved Second Amendment, so there is no question that this fellow is legally impeachable. But what about the moral aspect of his arrest and the confiscation of his property? Has he harmed anyone?

Unless he has broken some gun-related law(s) I am left to assume he is simply a hoarder who loves guns. He probably took advantage of Australia's general firearms ban and widespread destruction of confiscated guns and bought up as many as he could afford at bargain prices.

My father was a locksmith with a profitable sideline as an amateur gunsmith. He did very well buying up WW-II era surplus military rifles (mainly American '03 Springfields and German 98 Mausers) and sporterizing them. He bought them in bulk from Kaufman's surplus outlet and, combined with lots of other guns he had, my poor mother was always complaining about "damn guns" all over the house. So I suppose I'm not as impressed as others might be by this Australian fellow's hoard. As long as he had plenty of room 328guns is not a big deal.

He was supposed to have a licence for every gun...only had licences for 75 or so.
And he also had illegal semi auto and illegal auto guns...banned and his possession of them looked upon very very seriously.
They're the things massacres are made of.

That's why he's in trouble with the law.

I'm very surprised he was granted licences for 75.

He was supposed to have a licence for every gun...only had licences for 75 or so.
And he also had illegal semi auto and illegal auto guns...banned and his possession of them looked upon very very seriously.
They're the things massacres are made of.

That's why he's in trouble with the law.

I'm very surprised he was granted licences for 75.
Thank you for that information.

So it seems his only offense was non-compliance with bureaucratic regulations. I don't dismiss the importance of some regulations but where criminal prosecution is concerned I place a great deal of importance on whether the offender's action(s) inflicted harm on anyone. I believe this should be a critically important consideration in any situation where a bureaucracy is the primary complainant and the only victim is a broken rule.

So let's hope this fellow is not treated too harshly.

Forum List

Back