Gun Violence out of Control?... Tax Law-Abiding Citizens as the Answer!

How about we take away privacy and anonymity and document all gun, ammo, and accessory purchases and document all people who have a gun. Have an unregistered weapon? Thats a crime, and should be punishable.

Instead of infringing on constitutional rights, they should deal with it like this.

It's a bad idea.

and the unfortunate thing about a bad idea in the "gun control" column, is that it just gives more fuel to the gunhumpers.

How about we take away privacy and anonymity and document all gun, ammo, and accessory purchases and document all people who have a gun. Have an unregistered weapon? Thats a crime, and should be punishable.

Instead of infringing on constitutional rights, they should deal with it like this.

How about we lift ALL laws that infringe on the second amendment and make it legal for anyone to carry a concealed weapon without a permit?

If I was a criminal, I'd feel pretty apprehensive knowing that any person I might try to jack could be packing.

You anti America, constitution hating leftists simply think backwards. It's already proven your way doesn't work.

How about we lift ALL laws that infringe on the second amendment and make it legal for anyone to carry a concealed weapon without a permit?

If I was a criminal, I'd feel pretty apprehensive knowing that any person I might try to jack could be packing.

You anti America, constitution hating leftists simply think backwards. It's already proven your way doesn't work.

Except for ALL the countries with some level of real gun control... that have a small fraction of the number of deaths, both deliberate and accidental, caused by guns.

Except for ALL the countries with some level of real gun control... that have a small fraction of the number of deaths, both deliberate and accidental, caused by guns.

Blanket statement with no facts to back it up. Provide some data, then you can enter the discussion.

Blanket statement with no facts to back it up. Provide some data, then you can enter the discussion.

you have GOT to be kidding me.

Gun Deaths Comparison | Robert Lindsay

Gun deaths per 100000 pop. in comparison to US

Country Year Homicide Suicide

US 2001 3.98 5.92

Canada 2002 0.40 10x lower 2.00 3x lower

Australia 2001 0.24 17x lower 1.34 5x lower

UK 2002 0.15 27x lower 0.20 30x lower

It has only gotten more so in recent years.

You are the one making a staement of "ALL" countries with "SOME" level of gun control have a "FRACTION" of our gun homicide/suicide/accident rate, not me.

Do they often have less? Yes. Do they also have other problems, like Japan for example, where thier sucide rate even without guns is double ours?

See the link,

List of countries by suicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are the one making a staement of "ALL" countries with "SOME" level of gun control have a "FRACTION" of our gun homicide/suicide/accident rate, not me.

Do they often have less? Yes. Do they also have other problems, like Japan for example, where thier sucide rate even without guns is double ours?

See the link,

the focus of the argument is guns, not suicides. If people are unhappier in Japan, that's one thing. But strictly speaking for homicides by Gun, and suicides by gun, America takes the cake. Arguing that "other" problems have any relevance to the discussion of gun violence, is like rebutting someone who says your car doesn't work, by saying "yeah, our car doesn't run, but yours smells like cheese."

Last edited:
Gun Deaths Comparison | Robert Lindsay

Gun deaths per 100000 pop. in comparison to US

Country Year Homicide Suicide

US 2001 3.98 5.92

Canada 2002 0.40 10x lower 2.00 3x lower

Australia 2001 0.24 17x lower 1.34 5x lower

UK 2002 0.15 27x lower 0.20 30x lower

It has only gotten more so in recent years.

If you look at the overall homicide rates, however, the UK only has a 3x reduction when compared to us, meaning that even without the gun ownership they still find ways of killing each other.

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I also dipsute the fact you think we do not have some "gun control." We have plenty of gun control, what we do not have are blanket bans on private ownership of basic firearms like some of the countries you seem to admire.

Want to get rid of guns in the US? work to revoke the 2nd amendment, until then I have a consitutional right to own a firearm.

See the link,

the focus of the argument is guns, not suicides. If people are unhappier in Japan, that's one thing. But strictly speaking for homicides by Gun, and suicides by gun, America takes the cake. Arguing that "other" problems have any relevance to the discussion of gun violence, is like rebutting someone who says your car doesn't work, by saying "yeah, our car doesn't run, but yours smells like cheese."

You brought suicide into the discussion by referencing deaths both intentional and accidental, which includes suicide. The point is guns are just a part of the equation when it comes to violence in society.

Forum List

Back