Gun Teminology, for the less informed

That was almost as exciting as reading “ How to walk for those that have done it”.
I understand that guns scare a lot of people that have never seen one, held one or even know which way to point it. But they could get over that fear by taking a class in gun safety.
You can have a gun that sits around for twenty years and it will do nothing. I have guns from 1910 that have never once come close to hurting a single person.
But if a person with a mental problem gets in control of one they can do a lot of damage. Because it is the person in control not the gun.
Exactly how many guns were used on the World Trade Center during 9/11? None. How many were used by Timothy McViegh when he bombed the federal building? None. It is not guns it is the mentally unstable that are a danger.

01066b601af6cfaebb2164146380da94--far-side-cartoons-gary-larson.jpg

Very true

Why we need to keep guns out of the hands who are a danger to themselves and others
You and the government are not even closer to being a nanny for the citizens of this country.

We also don't need one. That is the thing about free people.

It gets messy sometimes.

You and the government are not even closer to being a nanny for the citizens of this country.

We also don't need one. That is the thing about free people.

It gets messy sometimes.
Most of the free world does not have open access to weapons
That is why they have homicide by gun rates one fifth of ours

No other nation would tolerate the slaughter we do…..all in the name of keeping us “safe”

No other nation would tolerate the slaughter we do…..all in the name of keeping us “safe”
We have a document, it is the highest law of the land. It says we do NOT need a nanny state nor babysitters as government.

No one cares what the rest of the world says. I'll be the first to lay money down as to your ignorance for why those nations don't have access to guns and I'm going to let you sit and guess at them and laugh at all the wrong answers.

It is so intellectually lazy to compare America to other countries.
There are way too many variables to consider. Of course, you know that. You are just a lazy, authoritarian, 2-bit hack.

Yep...so only their criminal have them...like in Europe, where the criminals prefer to use fully automatic military rifles, and even hand grenades......they get them easily over there. Sweden, in particular, is experiencing an increasing crime wave where their criminals are shooting at each other with fully automatic military rifles, and throwing hand grenades at each other....you don't hear about this in Europe because the anti-gun fanatics can't let it get out......our criminals prefer handguns, not "weapons of war," like the European criminals do..

Very true

Why we need to keep guns out of the hands who are a danger to themselves and others
Problem is we have those that think law abiding citizens should be the ones to give up their rights and their guns. While allowing criminals and mentally I’ll to still hold on to theirs

maybe this article will help yiou.
Article sucks. Too wordy, too much advertisement and too many completely unrelated photos intended to scare hoplophobics.

If the thread is going to be based on that article, may as well shut it down.

I think the article is just fine. It covers assault weapon, assault rifle, machine gun, and the dreaded "clip." I'm a big proponent of people knowing the terms and definitions so we can actually communicate, so anything toward that is fine by me.

I'd be happy if no one ever used the term "assault weapon" ever again. There is always a more accurate term for what you're trying to say, and it is so vague that it doesn't even limit the subjects to firearms.

New Topics

Forum List

Back