Gun Show Loophole

I'm not apposed to background checks, most gun show venders are reputable dealers and require them anyways.
That's from my experience in Idaho.

From your source,

Studies have generally found some evidence that universal background checks help reduce gun violence, but the research is less than compelling. Recent research found that over 10 years, universal background checks had no effect on gun homicide or suicide rates in the state of California.
POST THE EVIDENCE. BTW: Checks are the only part of the solution. Of course for over a decade I've made the points that would mitigate guns which should not be in the hands of those who should not have them.

You want to know the response? It's this short phrase: "Shall not be infringed"!

Who cares, make it as hard as possible. Ban them for everyone except law enforcement + have mandatory gun buybacks so folks turn them in.

Idiot, don't you get it that doesn't do anything but punish the very people NOT committing crimes, the laws-abiding private citizen. As foreign countries who have banned guns have proven over and over, criminals don't obey laws and can still get all the guns they want in the black market.

POST THE EVIDENCE.

MOOT POINT. Why do you knuckleheads keep dancing around the issue that THE GUNS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM and never were until the last couple of decades when progressivism ran rampant in our schools and societies. There is a direct correlation between leftwing liberalism and the rise of violence in our society: YOU PEOPLE BREED IT IN EVERYTHING YOU DO.

Take away the guns and violent people will simply buy them illegally or resort to using something else.

I'm not convinced of that at all.
A lot of people care about America's epidemic of gun-violence and the fear it engenders among our young students and their parents. The effect may be more insidious, corrosive, and far reaching than what the gun manufacturers, the NRA, and the uber-gun owners want to believe.

epidemic?

327+ million citizens in the country

400+ million firearms in the country

393+ million in the hands of civilians

45,222 deaths by firearms in 2020.
(includes deaths by suicide, murder, and accident)

(More people have supposedly died of Covid)

that's an epidemic?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, Lass....by thy words we shall know thee.
And... THAT.....is sad.
We are beginning to understand why you think you so desperately need guns.
IMHO

ps....Still, we wish you better luck in the life you have made for you and yours. Never lose hope.

Dude you're one more troll comment from ignore. Choose wisely

24 hours?

Man you need better connections…

Inmate released from the prison I worked at claimed he'd have a firearm in his possession within 25 minutes of his release.

I had no reason not to believe him.

I also knew he wouldn't bother with a background check.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Similar to the phrase in the 2nd Amendment about "well regulated".

Only the militia shall be well regulated.

not the People named in the second half.

Forum List

Back