GUN SHOTS!!!

Leo123

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2017
NEXT DOOR!!!! LOUD too!!! OMG!!!! Well.....I live in a rural area, went to the fence talked to the neighbors and found out they were firing a 9mm at a set-up target. I gave 'em the thumb's up. Glad the neighbors are armed.

When I lived in the City it would have been time to take cover.

Funny too, I asked what they were shootin' they said a set up target. I said...NO! What kind of GUN are you shooting? LOL (9mm)

Fired a couple of cylinders of .22's on my 30 acres with a neat H&R model 686 revolver I picked up last month. Heavy 5 1/2 barrel keeps recoil down to practically nothing but the mainspring is too strong. I think I'll take a couple of links out.

Last edited:
Got a .22 with a revolver type clip. Still figuring it out though. Have a semi-auto 20 gauge. Rounds have to be adequate to operate the semi auto function.

Got a .22 with a revolver type clip. Still figuring it out though. Have a semi-auto 20 gauge. Rounds have to be adequate to operate the semi auto function.
The best I can figure out by the "revolver type clip" is that you might have a Ruger 10/22 semi auto .22 rifle with a detachable round magazine. It's a good gun.

Bah... .22 is a toy. It goes pop, pop...this one goes BOOM.

Cimarron Teddy Roosevelt Laser Engraved Frontier .45 Colt Revolver 7.5" Barrel 6 Rounds Poly Ivory Grips Nickel Finish | Cheaper Than Dirt

7-gpp415lntrii.jpg

I got nothin against big iron. I have a Ruger .44 mag that I don't shoot much even when I use scaled down reloads. I just like .22 revolvers that are fun to shoot and use cheap ammo.

Agree that a twenty two is just a pop gun. I have a Ruger Super Blackhawk 44magnum. Thing will go through an engin block. Legal for hunting big game in Wyoming.
Now that is a serious gun. Always kid people that even if you miss with it the concussion will probably kill.

Agree that a twenty two is just a pop gun. I have a Ruger Super Blackhawk 44magnum. Thing will go through an engin block. Legal for hunting big game in Wyoming.
Now that is a serious gun. Always kid people that even if you miss with it the concussion will probably kill.
The Blackhawk is single action if memory serves. I have an early redhawk that my wife gave me for a birthday present years ago. It's double action but I can't foresee a situation when I would fire it double action on a hunt except maybe a quick second shot. I loaded it down to reasonable recoil with Herc 2400 powder and the kids (now in their 20's) get a kick shooting the thing at better than 100 yards at old steel targets.

Last edited:
The Blackhawk is single action if memory serves. I have an early redhawk that my wife gave me for a birthday present years ago. It's double action but I can't foresee a situation when I would fire it double action on a hunt except maybe a quick second shot.
The one I have is double action. Hunt around Bear country and you might be glad that you have a double action. Seen bears a few times that I had to defend a kill from.

NEXT DOOR!!!! LOUD too!!! OMG!!!! Well.....I live in a rural area, went to the fence talked to the neighbors and found out they were firing a 9mm at a set-up target. I gave 'em the thumb's up. Glad the neighbors are armed.

You see the difference right?

Yeah, in the city chances are it's crook and cops, law abiding city dwellers go to gun ranges. In rural areas there's typically enough room to shoot safely on one's property.

Target shooting was a legitimate pass time a hundred some odd years ago. The newspapers followed the matches like they do for that sport on ice where the object seems to be to bash each other over the head with sticks. Anyway, there was even a much celebrated long distance shooting rang on Long Island NY. Today the tern "crack shot" has a different connotation.

I watched a video on you tube couple days ago- a 357 magnum vs a 44 magnum vs 1/2 sheet rock stacked together
The 44 went through 20 pieces, the 357 went through just 18- several years ago, a friend and I went shooting at his uncle and aunts place out in the country (we both had 357's) - we found a 1/4 in piece of steel plate and laid it against a tree- I shot it from about 6?ft away- it didn't go through, but, a piece of shrapnel hit my buddy in the elbow area- he still has it- LOL

In the 80's I was in Az on a job and a buddy out there with me had brought a 22 rifle with a hundred round capacity- we went to a gun range and started shooting at a car wheel (steel not aluminum)- a couple times shrapnel, or ricochets came back and hit the rental car behind us- put little dings in the pillar at the rear of the car-

Yes....in democrat controlled cities, they let violent, repeat gun offenders out of prison over and over again.......so in the city, a loud gun shot is likely one of the people the democrats let out of jail on bond, often no cash bond, or out of prison on parole or a short prison sentence...murdering or trying to murder another criminal....also likely released repeatedly by democrat party policies...

In the country....it's just normal Americans shooting their legal guns.......without committing any kind of crime...

The important question?

Do you see the difference?

New Topics

Forum List

Back