Gun sales will be specifically marked by credit companies to help monitor purchases

Some information -

How dangerous people get their guns

DISCLAIMER - This in not my link, I am not the owner, nor the author of the material in said link. It's only provided to shed some knowledge in relation to the post that I am quoting.

Yes....criminals in America, just like criminals in Britain, get their guns by breaking all of the gun laws......

So, background checks don't stop them.....licensing won't stop them.......yet you push these things endlessly on these threads.....

What can we do?

We arrest straw buyers when they are identified, and lock them up for long....really long....prison sentences.....

When we catch a criminal with a criminal record that prevents them from buying, owning or carrying a gun.....with a gun......we lock them up for 30 years.....

When we catch a criminal who has used a gun for an actual crime, like rape, robbery, murder, attempted murder, kidnapping.....we lock them up for life....

Do those 2 things and gun violence in the U.S. dries up over night....

Meanwhile...what do the democrat party prosecutors, judges and politicians do to those same criminals?

they release them over and over again, often even though they have multiple felony convictions for both possession and use of illegal guns........often with no cash bail...

So we have all the gun laws we need to stop gun crime.....the democrat party won't enforce those laws because they need criminals using guns in order to push gun control.

Universal Background checks would shut down the straw buyers though. No?

No.......
Some information -

DISCLAIMER - This in not my link, I am not the owner, nor the author of the material in said link. It's only provided to shed some knowledge in relation to the post that I am quoting.

That is a good article,.......I have used it before as well......now I have it where I can find it........

Similarly, an ongoing study of how Chicago gang members get their guns has found that only a trivial percentage obtained them by direct purchase from a store.
--
If a gun ends up in criminal use, it is usually after several more transactions. The average age of guns taken from Chicago gangs is over 11 years.
------
What appears to be true is that there are few big operators in this domain. The typical trafficker or underground broker is not making a living that way, but rather just making a few dollars on the side. The supply chain for guns used in crime bears little relationship to the supply chain for heroin or cocaine and is much more akin to the supply chain for cigarettes and beer that are diverted to underage teenagers.
----

All in the family

So how do gang members, violent criminals, underage youths and other dangerous people get their guns?

A consistent answer emerges from the inmate surveys and from ethnographic studies. Whether guns that end up being used in crime are purchased, swapped, borrowed, shared or stolen, the most likely source is someone known to the offender, an acquaintance or family member. That Farook’s friend and neighbor was the source of two of his guns is quite typical, despite the unique circumstances otherwise.

So...I knew this was proposed..now it's real! Best break out the cash, gun nutz...Uncle be watching your cc bill!

Gun sales will be specifically earmarked in transaction histories, Visa Inc. announced on Sept. 10. It's a decision that will (hopefully) prevent these purchases from flying under the radar of investigators and help pinpoint suspicious sales surges. The change was also adopted by credit giants MasterCard and American Express.
The decision comes after a Sept. 9 announcement by the International Standards Organization, a global body that establishes standards across the financial services industry, that gun and ammunition merchandisers would be recategorized with their own commerce codes. Previously, these sales were lumped in with "general merchandise" or "miscellaneous" sales, or categorized under "sporting good stores" in a kind of recreational gray area. Now, the four-digit code for gun and ammunition sales will explicitly state the customer's transaction.
According to Guns Down America, a national gun violence prevention organization focused on legislative advocacy and reducing gun sales, many of the nation's worst mass shooting events — like those in Aurora, San Bernardino, Orlando, and Las Vegas — involved electronic payments for weapons and ammunition. Just in 2022, there have been more than 39,000 gun-related deaths and 425 mass shootings in the United States, according to the Gun Violence Archive.

"We could identify and detect where there may be gun sales that are intended for black markets, where we see patterns of gun purchases being made in multiple gun shops. We could see the patterns of behavior that would indicate to us that there is something not right here," explained Amalgamated Bank CEO Priscilla Sims Brown to CBS News during its investigation. "We have an obligation to address crime that is being facilitated through our system."
Gee, does this mean that private’s sales use credit cards? How about straw buyers turning them over to criminals. They use which credit card company?

Forum List

Back