Gun Safety Rules for Alec Baldwin and others who know f-all about guns.

I disagree with this whole thread.

Baldwin was required to use the gun, it is not like it was his choice.
And there is no reason why an actor should be expected to know what the real person in the role they are playing should know.
It was not Baldwin's responsibility to learn about gun safety on his own.
It is the job of the armorer to teach the actors who need to know, what they should know.

And the main mistake was not Baldwin's.
While anyone familiar with guns would have opened and checked the gun, that was not Baldwin's fault for not knowing that.
The mistake was for there to be live rounds anywhere on the set, and in particular for them to be loaded in the gun.
So then the fault is really with the crew who brought the ammo, loaded it for "plinking", and then did not unload it.

Baldwin was required to aim at the camera for a fast draw scene.
He had no choice but to point at the camera, which just then also happened to be at the camera lady.
I read the comments of one of Hollywood’s lead armorers yesterday. He said when an actor is required to point and fire a gun at the camera, there is no one behind the camera and no one anywhere nearby. No matter if the gun is loaded or not. This is what he considered a general safety practice on all Hollywood sets.

The Thread on Current Events was closed, but I think this warrants discussion.

Let's talk about gun safety rules and why Alec Baldwin committed gross negligence when he shot and killed a member of the filming crew.

Go.
It does seem like women are paying a higher price lately.

We need to upgrade social infrastructure as well.

The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.

I read the comments of one of Hollywood’s lead armorers yesterday. He said when an actor is required to point and fire a gun at the camera, there is no one behind the camera and no one anywhere nearby. No matter if the gun is loaded or not. This is what he considered a general safety practice on all Hollywood sets.
It sounds like the entire cast and crew were a bunch of ignorant fuck-ups who had no business doing that job.

I don't care if it was Alec Baldwin or Donald Trump. The responsibility was on the armorer, not on the actor.
Why do you not understand that the person pulling the trigger is responsible for everything that happens afterwards?
The fact Baldwin was told the gun was cold in no way absolves him of his responsibility to check the gun and then handle it safely.
He did neither.
Negligence.

My carry gun doesn't have a safety, why would that make any difference in safe handling?

Yup, mine neither. Pistols that do have safeties I never even use because the most important safety is the one between your ears.

Which baldwin didn't use.

You mean 2 negligent discharges.

I will never use the word "accident" when it comes to firearm safety. All discharges are preventable or purposeful.

There are accidental discharges but they are rare. That is when a part of the firearm (usually the sear) fails, and allows the gun to fire even though the trigger wasn't pulled.

If safety rules are followed no one is harmed as the bullet will impact into a safe area.

Too bad the cops are such gun-grabbing morons, and the Second Amendment isn't "incorporated" in court unless you're on a licensed professional corporate security detail.
I served as a juror on a federal grand jury for many months. We had several cases per day. We had some gun cases. We had ATF agents testify. We never saw any charges that would violate the 2A, even thought I understand that the ATF wants to do some gun grabbing, like when they went after stabilizing braces, which failed:

All of our cases had to do with convicted felons knowingly in possession of firearms, firearms being used in the commission of a felony, or possession of illegal firearms such as suppressors. I did not personally witness any government over-reach, and I frequently questioned the ATF agents myself (as one does as a federal grand juror).

I think most law enforcement, at least in Conservative areas, support the right of the law-abiding citizenry to keep an bear arms. I am not LEO, but have participated in quite a few LEO discussion boards. One thing I remember hearing from real LEOs, is that if the person they are dealing with has a concealed carry permit, chances are that the LEO has nothing to worry about when dealing with that person, generally speaking of course.

Regards,
Jim

600e667fa762652ca73c03c48a1611f37d1e6560c13e7e6868e82fd6ea2bc2d4.jpg

51cbc51ce0dadbf5ea146ca54382f201c4d95c0697e5d015dc488735b0c80fd0.jpg

Baldwin is an incredibly dangerous combination of violent, arrogant, and stupid.
You just described most of the Left.

What's truly disgusting is seeing all the lefties defending him because he's the same kind of hatemonger they are.
Can you imagine if that had been Trump on the set of The Apprentice? Wanna bet they would be looking for a rope? This kind of insane hypocrisy and idiocy is what we are stuck with for letting RINOS convince us to be tolerant and let Marxists gain a foothold in this country.

Forum List

Back