Gun Safety Rules for Alec Baldwin and others who know f-all about guns.

This is hollywood. Everything from guns, to hand grenades are props that are made to look real, very real, even close up. There actors are there to act, which means pointing guns at people, and pulling the trigger.

Example here's Harrison Ford

If that is your stance, then they should be given completely un-fireable prop guns, not REAL guns.

Such actors as you are talking about - Baldwin - just proved he can't be trusted with a real gun.

If that is your stance, then they should be given completely un-fireable prop guns, not REAL guns.

Such actors as you are talking about - Baldwin - just proved he can't be trusted with a real gun.
Many prop guns start out life as real guns, remember the realism requirement. They are then modified to render them safe for actors to play with. Where was the licensed armorer? The news says an assistant director handed Baldwin the gun.

Many prop guns start out life as real guns, remember the realism requirement. They are then modified to render them safe for actors to play with. Where was the licensed armorer? The news says an assistant director handed Baldwin the gun.
These guys were using real guns for filming...and using them for live target practice when not filming - STUPID

From what I read there was no 'licensed armorer ... and this was not the 1st problem with weapons safety, according to some on the set.

I learned a long time ago there are two things you don't f* around with - weapons and handling classified information / material.

You can't afford to be careless with either.

From what I read there was no 'licensed armorer ... and this was not the 1st problem with weapons safety, according to some on the set.
There's the problem. Not the actors. There was supposed to be a firearms expert with several government licenses in order to do what he does.

Striving for Authenticity, Films Often Use Real Guns on Set

The reason is that safety protocols for firearms on sets are well established and straight forward.

Weapons must be tightly managed by an armorer, sometimes credited on films as a “weapons master,” who holds various government-issued permits. Some states, for instance, require an entertainment firearms license in addition to standard gun licenses.

“Protocol had to have been broken,” said Daniel Leonard, an associate dean of Chapman University’s film school who specializes in set procedures.

Armorers (or sometimes licensed prop masters) are responsible for storing them on set. Guns are not supposed to leave their hands until cameras are rolling; actors hand them back as soon as “cut” or “wrap” is called and the cameras stop.

I disagree with this whole thread.

Baldwin was required to use the gun, it is not like it was his choice.
And there is no reason why an actor should be expected to know what the real person in the role they are playing should know.
It was not Baldwin's responsibility to learn about gun safety on his own.
It is the job of the armorer to teach the actors who need to know, what they should know.

And the main mistake was not Baldwin's.
While anyone familiar with guns would have opened and checked the gun, that was not Baldwin's fault for not knowing that.
The mistake was for there to be live rounds anywhere on the set, and in particular for them to be loaded in the gun.
So then the fault is really with the crew who brought the ammo, loaded it for "plinking", and then did not unload it.

Baldwin was required to aim at the camera for a fast draw scene.
He had no choice but to point at the camera, which just then also happened to be at the camera lady.
The standard normal people are held to is much higher than that which you are willing to hold Alec Baldwin.

Why?

You know good and goddamn well if it were one of us, they would throw the fucking book at us. I DEMAND THE SAME STANDARD!!!!

The standard normal people are held to is much higher than that which you are willing to hold Alec Baldwin.

Why?

You know good and goddamn well if it were one of us, they would throw the fucking book at us. I DEMAND THE SAME STANDARD!!!!
You should know that industry standard safety rules doesn't allow the actors to fiddle with, inspect, or check out the weapons they use. They're supposed to stay in the possession of a licensed armorer until they are needed for a scene, and given to the actors to shoot the scene. And as soon as the scene is over, they're handed back to the armorer.

I remember when one of our senior SGTs had a AD right in our sleeping area.
There is no such thing as an accidental discharge.

It's a NEGLIGENT discharge.

Only negligence or recklessness causes unintended discharges.

But I get your point.

At my gun range, there is ZERO tolerance for any range violations. They are not fucking around and the will permanently ban anyone for even minor safety issues.

Baldwin is an incredibly dangerous combination of violent, arrogant, and stupid. It was only a matter of time until he did something like this. What's truly disgusting is seeing all the lefties defending him because he's the same kind of hatemonger they are.
One triggered ^^^^^^^^^ paid troll.
Working that 8-4 shift Marvin.

Do you have a real job, or just this 8-4 USMB troll job?

The Thread on Current Events was closed, but I think this warrants discussion.

Let's talk about gun safety rules and why Alec Baldwin committed gross negligence when he shot and killed a member of the filming crew.

Go.
I read they were using the gun earlier in the day plinking cans with live rounds. A blatant violation of the law forbidding live rounds on a movie set.

If Baldwin would been in charge during the filming of Hunt For Red October they woulda sunk a sub.

Obviously, we need to ban guns from Hollyweird. That way all the anti-gun hypocrites in Hollyweird couldn't make millions using guns to shoot up whatever they want for a movie.

Let's talk about gun safety rules and why Alec Baldwin committed gross negligence when he shot and killed a member of the filming crew.
Could be.
Seems to me a manslaughter charge should be made against Baldwin.
Possibly.
Best guess? Either Alec Baldwin is king and emperor of fucking stupid, was high/drunk off his ass, or he wanted to kill someone and get away with it. I am waiting for the video to be found/released of the shooting.
It's lights-camera-action time. Not time to disassemble the gun, check that the cartridge is indeed blank, and reassemble it, which he really should have been personally involved with all along anyways by all rights — and that's about the extent of any benefit of the doubt.

But I still want to know who was fooling with the set, if it wasn't Alec Baldwin himself. That's a real act of premeditated murder in the first degree. We're not about to explain it away as negligence or manslaughter.

It's lights-camera-action time. Not time to disassemble the gun, check that the cartridge is indeed blank, and reassemble it, which he really should have been personally involved with all along anyways by all rights — and that's about the extent of any benefit of the doubt.
The actors aren't allowed to "fool around" with the firearms. The armorer is supposed to keep possession of them at all times, except when the actors need them for a scene, and then take them back when the scene is over.

The idea of the actors "checking" out the gun is asking for trouble. Leave it to the licensed experts.

The "armorer" was a 24 year old chick Baldwin was probably fucking.

The really disgusting thing here is you defending a man who picked up a gun, didn't check it, then pointed it at an innocent woman, pulled the trigger, and killed her. What kind of sick fuck are you that you'll excuse that just because Baldwin hates the same people you hate? You people disgust me.

There is no such thing as an accidental discharge.

It's a NEGLIGENT discharge.

Only negligence or recklessness causes unintended discharges.

But I get your point.

At my gun range, there is ZERO tolerance for any range violations. They are not fucking around and the will permanently ban anyone for even minor safety issues.
I'm not gonna argue semantics. AD is what they called it.
They could call it TF tootie fruity.....I don't give a shizit.

The "armorer" was a 24 year old chick Baldwin was probably fucking.

The really disgusting thing here is you defending a man who picked up a gun, didn't check it, then pointed it at an innocent woman, pulled the trigger, and killed her. What kind of sick fuck are you that you'll excuse that just because Baldwin hates the same people you hate? You people disgust me.
They're calling it a prop gun.....so basically Baldwin though it was incapable of firing live ammo.
Out of habit I would have checked anyway.

Forum List

Back