Gun Safety Rules for Alec Baldwin and others who know f-all about guns.

The Thread on Current Events was closed, but I think this warrants discussion.

Let's talk about gun safety rules and why Alec Baldwin committed gross negligence when he shot and killed a member of the filming crew.

Go.
Considering what we see, we definitely need gun control....

All dumbass Liberals need to be permanently barred from owning (or even touching) a firearm!!!!

Baldwin is an incredibly dangerous combination of violent, arrogant, and stupid. It was only a matter of time until he did something like this. What's truly disgusting is seeing all the lefties defending him because he's the same kind of hatemonger they are.
I don't care if it was Alec Baldwin or Donald Trump. The responsibility was on the armorer, not on the actor. No different from the actor who shot Brandon Lee.

John Wayne has killed more bad guys with blanks than most actors. Think about how many blanks you've seen fired on the silver screen in your lifetime.

That gun had been used for live target practice earlier. The manslaughter defendant is whoever left that gun on the set.

And the person who picked it up, didn't check it, pointed it at an innocent person, and pulled the trigger.

Those are the rules for a firearm. These were prop guns. You're supposed to point them at people. That's what they were designed for.
Bullshit....

The union rules state that you NEVER point them directly at people, and use ALL safety precautions....

You use camera angles for effect!!!!

Dumbass Baldwin violated numerous other safety rules, such as allowing the crew to fire LIVE ROUNDS (not allowed on ANY LOCATION) through the same gun!!!!

But I'll give you a chance to redeem yourself if you can explain why a "prop gun" that fires real bullets is safe enough to ignore the basic safety rules....

It's too easy to have a misfire or be unsafe with a gun.
What is hard is making sure you never use them in an unsafe manner.

But when you have a job where the NRA is considered to be the enemy....of course they will have accidental shootings.
They think gun owners are nutcases.....so they don't respect guns at all.
I remember when one of our senior SGTs had a AD right in our sleeping area.
We just covered for him.

I had a fake one once in Mogadishu...the reason I said it was fake because if I had told them I busted off a cap on purpose who knows what they might have done. I just made sure that the barrel was pointed in a safe direction before I pulled the trigger. You see they gave me a gun that they wouldn't let me test fire..before going out the gate..and instead of telling them to cram it up their ass, I said okay. No problem. Everything turned out okay because pulling that trigger eventually saved my life.

Last edited:
John Wayne has killed more bad guys with blanks than most actors. Think about how many blanks you've seen fired on the silver screen in your lifetime.

That gun had been used for live target practice earlier. The manslaughter defendant is whoever left that gun on the set.
It's no different than if they gave an actor a dummy hand grenade to throw at a group of bad guys. And somebody substituted a real one. The actor is supposed to know the difference?

Here are some suggestions:

1. NEVER point a gun at anyone
2. Always check your own weapon - don't take someone's word that it isn't loaded
3. Hire only certified weapons handlers - people who have gone through courses on how to handle a gun - to be your armorer
4. Don't use real weapons for movies
5. If you DO use real weapons, do not use live rounds in them (tgt practice then use for filming)
6. Do not have live ammo on or anywhere near the set
7. Make it mandatory for anyone in the cast who will be handing a gun to go through a gun safety course / training before being allowed to handle weapons / prop guns
8. if you are an anti gun liberal just dont even fucking handle a weapon. you are too ignorant to do so.

Ignore the close ups. When they have the long shots, from behind, it shows Schwarzanegger pointing a mini-gun at the half dozen actors playing the police.

If some clown slipped a couple of real bullets into the feed belt, what would you say if that ended in tragedy? Schwarzenegger shouldn't have pointed it at people, or he should have checked the gun, and every bullet in the feed belt (over a thousand).

It's no different than if they gave an actor a dummy hand grenade to throw at a group of bad guys. And somebody substituted a real one. The actor is supposed to know the difference?
If someone were to give a hand grenade (real or fake) to one of your Liberal icons, at least we would know that there was a dummy on one end of the equation....

Here are some suggestions:

1. NEVER point a gun at anyone
2. Always check your own weapon - don't take someone's word that it isn't loaded
3. Hire only certified weapons handlers - people who have gone through courses on how to handle a gun - to be your armorer
4. Don't use real weapons for movies
5. If you DO use real weapons, do not use live rounds in them (tgt practice then use for filming)
6. Do not have live ammo on or anywhere near the set
7. Make it mandatory for anyone in the cast who will be handing a gun to go through a gun safety course / training before being allowed to handle weapons / prop guns
No studio in Hollywood would make a gun safety course mandatory. They are all taught by NRA instructors. The entire set would erupt in protest.

Ignore the close ups. When they have the long shots, from behind, it shows Schwarzanegger pointing a mini-gun at the half dozen actors playing the police.

If some clown slipped a couple of real bullets into the feed belt, what would you say if that ended in tragedy? Schwarzenegger shouldn't have pointed it at people, or he should have checked the gun, and every bullet in the feed belt (over a thousand).

You are like Rosie O'Donnell who made the same complaint. None of the guns used in the Terminator movies exist as real guns. They aren't even mock up. They are total fakes.

I disagree with this whole thread.

Baldwin was required to use the gun, it is not like it was his choice.
And there is no reason why an actor should be expected to know what the real person in the role they are playing should know.
It was not Baldwin's responsibility to learn about gun safety on his own.
It is the job of the armorer to teach the actors who need to know, what they should know.

And the main mistake was not Baldwin's.
While anyone familiar with guns would have opened and checked the gun, that was not Baldwin's fault for not knowing that.
The mistake was for there to be live rounds anywhere on the set, and in particular for them to be loaded in the gun.
So then the fault is really with the crew who brought the ammo, loaded it for "plinking", and then did not unload it.

Baldwin was required to aim at the camera for a fast draw scene.
He had no choice but to point at the camera, which just then also happened to be at the camera lady.

No studio in Hollywood would make a gun safety course mandatory. They are all taught by NRA instructors. The entire set would erupt in protest.
The liberals of Hollywood would have to go with the NRA safety representative more geared to their mentality...
unnamed (1).jpg

Don't even touch it, tell an adult.

Last edited:
I disagree with this whole thread.

Baldwin was required to use the gun, it is not like it was his choice.
And there is no reason why an actor should be expected to know what the real person in the role they are playing should know.
It was not Baldwin's responsibility to learn about gun safety on his own.
It is the job of the armorer to teach the actors who need to know, what they should know.

And the main mistake was not Baldwin's.
While anyone familiar with guns would have opened and checked the gun, that was not Baldwin's fault for not knowing that.
The mistake was for there to be live rounds anywhere on the set, and in particular for them to be loaded in the gun.
So then the fault is really with the crew who brought the ammo, loaded it for "plinking", and then did not unload it.

Baldwin was required to aim at the camera for a fast draw scene.
He had no choice but to point at the camera, which just then also happened to be at the camera lady.

There's too much wrong with your post to even begin to unpack. Let's just say you have no idea what you're talking about, but I will note your eagerness to defend a man who picked up a gun, didn't check it, pointed it at an innocent woman, and pulled the trigger. You're fucking disgusting.

You are like Rosie O'Donnell who made the same complaint. None of the guns used in the Terminator movies exist as real guns. They aren't even mock up. They are total fakes.

They would have had a real armored, not someone playing one

We're obviously taking about real, every-day weapons here. This movie had no such weapons.

Leave it to a snowflake to become triggered, taking things to the over-dramatic extreme.

There's too much wrong with your post to even begin to unpack. Let's just say you have no idea what you're talking about, but I will note your eagerness to defend a man who picked up a gun, didn't check it, pointed it at an innocent woman, and pulled the trigger. You're fucking disgusting.
This is hollywood. Everything from guns, to hand grenades are props that are made to look real, very real, even close up. There actors are there to act, which means pointing guns at people, and pulling the trigger.

Example here's Harrison Ford

New Topics

Forum List

Back