Gun registration in California? They just signed a law giving gun owner information to outside parties..

No...dipshit...that would be like saying we had one plane crash so now we have to end flying forever.......you idiot.

Actually, we can't get buy without flying.... we can do just fine without guns. Most countries do.

So you paid good money for a bad education . . . My condolences.

The "university" that gave you your degrees teaches a religion more brain-rotting and faith-based than any Bunghole Baptist U.

Actually, I was pretty conservative in College, but that was before the gun fetishists, religious zealots and libertarian whackos took over the GOP.... You know, when they were actually still sane.

I understand it can be disorienting when you learn the force that destroyed your beliefs came from inside your house, instead of that evil house up on Gun Lobby Hill.
Um...no, sorry, buddy, we live in an insanity perpetrated by the National Rifle Association against the wishes of the American people... and if people knew how lax our gun laws actually are.... they'd be really upset.

Before 1967, federal gun law was virtually non-existent and the laws that did exist were very narrow and targeted on actual criminals. There wasn't any reason for Republicans or even the NRA to be rigid and unbending "gun control" opponents because the leadership then was under the delusion that there wasn't a growing movement inside federal Democrats to ban all guns.

Before 1967, you didn't have Saturday night specials and AR-15's on the civilian market, either.

Heck, there's a reason why the Gunfight at the OK Corral is remembered... because guns were contolled and limited in the 19th century, and a gun fight where law enforcement had to shoot three men was an oddity.

An awakening did occur in the 1970's

Uh, that's my point. That's when the Gun Industry realized that people weren't hunting anymore, and they had to find a new way to get guns on the market. That's when they started marketing guns like the Saturday Night Special that NO ONE but a criminal would need.

It's not surprising Chicago and other Illinois cities passed handgun bans in short order. And none of those laws implicated the 2nd Amendment until 2010 when SCOTUS incorporated the 2ndA under the 14thA in McDonald v Chicago.

Parading around state gun laws passed before 2010 as having anything to say about what the 2nd Amendment is or does, is just stupid.

Naw, man, what happened after 2010 was the stupid part... and gun murders have spiked.. I think we hit a new record last year.

Actually, we can't get buy without flying.... we can do just fine without guns. Most countries do.

Actually, I was pretty conservative in College, but that was before the gun fetishists, religious zealots and libertarian whackos took over the GOP.... You know, when they were actually still sane.

Um...no, sorry, buddy, we live in an insanity perpetrated by the National Rifle Association against the wishes of the American people... and if people knew how lax our gun laws actually are.... they'd be really upset.

Before 1967, you didn't have Saturday night specials and AR-15's on the civilian market, either.

Heck, there's a reason why the Gunfight at the OK Corral is remembered... because guns were contolled and limited in the 19th century, and a gun fight where law enforcement had to shoot three men was an oddity.

Uh, that's my point. That's when the Gun Industry realized that people weren't hunting anymore, and they had to find a new way to get guns on the market. That's when they started marketing guns like the Saturday Night Special that NO ONE but a criminal would need.

Naw, man, what happened after 2010 was the stupid part... and gun murders have spiked.. I think we hit a new record last year.

Moron.......the O.K. Corall is an example of gun control failing, you idiot.........the Cowboys ignored the gun control laws o Tombstone as did Doc Holiday...you idiot.

Moron.......the O.K. Corall is an example of gun control failing, you idiot.........the Cowboys ignored the gun control laws o Tombstone as did Doc Holiday...you idiot.

Holliday was deputized by the Earps, who were the town marshalls.

GUn control worked just fine. Some people came into a place with illegal guns, refused to comply with the law, and were shot.

I mean, I know you are fine when this happens to people of color... but these guys were white.

There are wackos and fringe elements on both sides.

It's interesting that you rejected the party that has some elements that believe;

the Constitution should be respected and obeyed,
that people should be left alone to live their private lives according to their conscience, even if they believe that a force greater than themselves exists,
and that believe the government that governs least, governs best . . .

Instead of accepting that people with different beliefs and priorities can exist together, you embraced leftist, statist authoritarianism that enforces strict uniformity of thought and behavior that seeks to dictate every facet of life from cradle to grave, for our own good of course.

and if people knew how lax our gun laws actually are.... they'd be really upset.

If people knew how ineffective government is enforcing gun laws..... they'd be really upset and ask why leftists demand more gun laws.

The term "Saturday Night Special" goes back to 1917 and prior to 1967 one could buy AR-15's . . . Colt bought the AR-10 and AR-15 patents from ArmaLite in 1959 and began selling the AR-15 on the civilian market in 1964.

Stop, just stop . . . Now you are talking about an event that occurred in a territory, 31 years before Arizona became a state. Again, you are making asinine statements about what a legal situation is or how that situation speaks to the larger issue of gun rights and the 2nd Amendment, when none of the facts are applicable.

Are you trying to be an insufferable lying jackass or are you just stupid?

The NRA "started marketing guns . . . "?

JHFC

Enforcing the Constitution and invalidating unconstitutional and discriminatory laws, is never stupid.

Why can't government control criminals with the laws that are on the books now?

Um...no, sorry, buddy, we live in an insanity perpetrated by the National Rifle Association against the wishes of the American people...

Is there any possibility you will EVER maintain continuity of thought and argument from one post to the next?

We were talking about the adoption of the individual right interpretation as the correct one, in the law and history departments in academia and how the anti-gun activist "intellectuals" responded to this decline of the "collective right" interpretation. You were blaming that progression on the NRA and this acceptance of the gun-rights argument was the fault of the NRA / gun rights supporters. That was wrong, either from just not knowing or being purposefully misinformed. Again, the movement was begun and pushed along by academics who were anti-gun liberals but through honest examination of history and the 2nd Amendment, became gun rights liberals.

I hope you realize, the reason I spend the time rebutting you is not that I'm trying to change your mind. I do his just to show the utter vapidness of your positions, your arguments -- just in case anyone thought you spoke from any knowledge or competency in any aspect of this issue.

The person who says shit like, "Prior to the 1990's, people didn't believe there was a god given right for crazy people to have guns.. Then the NRA needed to sell more guns and started pushing "Guns as a right" bullshit. Something they didn't even believe." is never going to even accept that an oppositional argument exists, let alone employ it to challenge , to test their own position.

That's the difference between you and me. I'm always challenging my position, I read troves of anti-gun material . . . All those anti-gun writers I mentioned??? I've read their articles, I've read their books; I read much more anti-gun position papers than pro-gun. I don't need the NRA's viewpoint, I've developed my positions reading the original sources, the philosophical treatises the founders embraced, the founding documents and the constitutional process and the law and the Supreme Court decisions.

I enjoy this because for each of your statements that I destroy, you never resign and acknowledge it or even challenge me on the actual point. You double-down and go ever further off the deep end which demonstrates you have no interest in this topic as an intellectual endeavor, discovering / discussing it as a legal issue.

It's all about the politics and you can not, will not ever move off the NRA IS EVIL mantra. You parrot the 1992 talking point now, even though in the scheme of gun rights, the NRA is a paper tiger, that is if you were examining the organizations that file suits and get gun control laws invalidated. That you still cry and point and pee yourself because of the NRA boogeyman under your bed, shows just how uninformed / brainwashed you are.

Absolutely hilarious!

Holliday was deputized by the Earps, who were the town marshalls.

GUn control worked just fine. Some people came into a place with illegal guns, refused to comply with the law, and were shot.

I mean, I know you are fine when this happens to people of color... but these guys were white.

Wrong, dipshit, he ignored the gun laws on a daily basis,you dipshit, as did the cowboys

Why do people treat JoeB like he's anything other than a hyperparisan, hyperbigoted troll?

I use him as a punching bag……just like boxer….the punching back is still full of sand…..just like joe’s head….but i get to work out my information…..people who are just drive by viewers likely only get anti- gun B.S. but with my threads they see the truth.

Why do people treat JoeB like he's anything other than a hyperparisan, hyperbigoted troll?

As I said a while back, "I have no illusions I could ever sway someone like Joe. I don't post to him, I post to the many lurkers. I find it interesting that gun threads always have a high page count, a lot of people read 2nd Amendment threads and there needs to be effective rebuttal to the anti-gun idiocy . . . "

So for me, it isn't treating Joe and his hyperpartisan, hyperbigotied BS with respect, my full answers with legally correct and true information, is treating people who might have anti-gun leanings -- BUT ARE OPEN TO TRUE INFORMATION -- with respect.

It's not a coincidence that he's the only one left making the anti-gun / anti-rights case. That's the other purpose, we can't allow Joe's idiocy to be what emboldens others to join the fight. If every stupid point, if every ill-formed theory gets slammed down and destroyed, it dissuades and demoralizes others on the hard-core anti-gun side to join Joe's chorus.

Where are the other usual suspects in this thread?

The other purpose is to show gun rights people that there are effective arguments, there are ways to expose the anti-gunners for the fakers and charlatans they are. And like 2aguy says, it keeps me sharp and refines my arguments.

Last edited:
It's interesting that you rejected the party that has some elements that believe;

the Constitution should be respected and obeyed,
that people should be left alone to live their private lives according to their conscience, even if they believe that a force greater than themselves exists,
and that believe the government that governs least, governs best . . .
Yawn, the Libertarian Brain Disease that Civilization happens by Magic Fairy Dust.

Instead of accepting that people with different beliefs and priorities can exist together, you embraced leftist, statist authoritarianism that enforces strict uniformity of thought and behavior that seeks to dictate every facet of life from cradle to grave, for our own good of course.
Yawn... yes, I am being mean making you act like a decent human being.

If people knew how ineffective government is enforcing gun laws..... they'd be really upset and ask why leftists demand more gun laws.

Well, then someone would have to explain to them that the ATF is woefully underfunded, the NRA waters down gun laws and background checks long before they are implemented.

The term "Saturday Night Special" goes back to 1917 and prior to 1967 one could buy AR-15's . . . Colt bought the AR-10 and AR-15 patents from ArmaLite in 1959 and began selling the AR-15 on the civilian market in 1964.
Wrong again.

The earliest known use of the term "Saturday night special" in print is in the September 29, 1917 issue of The Coffeyville Daily Journal, referring to a "cheap revolver".[4] In its August 17, 1968 issue, The New York Times printed a front-page article titled "Handgun Imports Held Up by U.S.", author Fred Graham wrote, "... cheap, small-caliber 'Saturday night specials' that are a favorite of holdup men..."[5]

The widespread marketing of AR-15's didn't happen until much later.

Stop, just stop . . . Now you are talking about an event that occurred in a territory, 31 years before Arizona became a state. Again, you are making asinine statements about what a legal situation is or how that situation speaks to the larger issue of gun rights and the 2nd Amendment, when none of the facts are applicable.

You miss the point entirely... The OK Corral would have barely counted as a mass shooting under the criteria that you and Dick Tiny like to taut that at least four people have to die. Yet it's widely remembered years later because incidents like that WERE rare in the "old West".

The NRA "started marketing guns . . . "?

Go back and read what I said.. I specifically said the Gun Industry, not the NRA.

Enforcing the Constitution and invalidating unconstitutional and discriminatory laws, is never stupid.

Why can't government control criminals with the laws that are on the books now?

Kind of hard when the Gun Industry is flooding the streets with guns, isn't it? Not that there's enough space here to discuss how we do everything possibly wrong with criminal justice in this country.

We were talking about the adoption of the individual right interpretation as the correct one, in the law and history departments in academia and how the anti-gun activist "intellectuals" responded to this decline of the "collective right" interpretation. You were blaming that progression on the NRA and this acceptance of the gun-rights argument was the fault of the NRA / gun rights supporters. That was wrong, either from just not knowing or being purposefully misinformed. Again, the movement was begun and pushed along by academics who were anti-gun liberals but through honest examination of history and the 2nd Amendment, became gun rights liberals.

It's entirely the fault of Wayne LaPierre and the nuts that took over the NRA in the 1970's...

Before then, the NRA supported sensible gun laws.

I hope you realize, the reason I spend the time rebutting you is not that I'm trying to change your mind. I do his just to show the utter vapidness of your positions, your arguments -- just in case anyone thought you spoke from any knowledge or competency in any aspect of this issue.

Yes, those kids being rolled into the meat wagons, it's totally "vapid" to be upset about that.

I enjoy this because for each of your statements that I destroy, you never resign and acknowledge it or even challenge me on the actual point. You double-down and go ever further off the deep end which demonstrates you have no interest in this topic as an intellectual endeavor, discovering / discussing it as a legal issue.

I'm a pragmatist. When you have 43,000 deaths a year over a fetish, that's a real concern. When you traumitize kids with active shooter drills, that's a real concern.

It's all about the politics and you can not, will not ever move off the NRA IS EVIL mantra. You parrot the 1992 talking point now, even though in the scheme of gun rights, the NRA is a paper tiger, that is if you were examining the organizations that file suits and get gun control laws invalidated. That you still cry and point and pee yourself because of the NRA boogeyman under your bed, shows just how uninformed / brainwashed you are.

The NRA is evil. Yes, there are crazier gun rights groups out there... the kinds that though Jan. 6 was a good thing.

I do cry for the children murdered every year by gun violence... it's called being a decent human being, but I don't think you understand that concept.

As I said a while back, "I have no illusions I could ever sway someone like Joe. I don't post to him, I post to the many lurkers. I find it interesting that gun threads always have a high page count, a lot of people read 2nd Amendment threads and there needs to be effective rebuttal to the anti-gun idiocy . . . "

So for me, it isn't treating Joe and his hyperpartisan, hyperbigotied BS with respect, my full answers with legally correct and true information, is treating people who might have anti-gun leanings -- BUT ARE OPEN TO TRUE INFORMATION -- with respect.

It's not a coincidence that he's the only one left making the anti-gun / anti-rights case. That's the other purpose, we can't allow Joe's idiocy to be what emboldens others to join the fight. If every stupid point, if every ill-formed theory gets slammed down and destroyed, it dissuades and demoralizes others on the hard-core anti-gun side to join Joe's chorus.

Where are the other usual suspects in this thread?

The other purpose is to show gun rights people that there are effective arguments, there are ways to expose the anti-gunners for the fakers and charlatans they are. And like 2aguy says, it keeps me sharp and refines my arguments.

Yep....exactly why I keep posting.......and...another thing.....as you post things over and over again....they pop up on searches for the topic too.......

New Topics

Forum List

Back