Gun Ownership / Laws Discussion & Debate

Instead of wading threw this NRA Sewage of bullshit, a simple question, which you guys can't answer.

Pretend for a moment you are speaking to the mother of Christina-Taylor Green. (The little girl killed by Jared Loughner.)

I want to hear what argument you would use to explain to her why a crazy person should be allowed to buy a gun because you have a delusion you can fight off the government with a handgun.

Go on. I'd like to hear what one of you would actually say to her.

I would have said you should have been armed, shame on you for not protecting your daughter. It is a mans duty to protect his family her father failed her.

How many shootings have we had at places that are know to have people armed? Has there ever been a mass shooting at a gun show?

So, I assume that if you believe in the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment, then you are a radical on the fringe of society. Wow, there are a whole lot of people on the fringe then.

Yes, it's a fringe view that crazy people should have an unrestricted right to purchase handguns.

You are on the frinhge of the left I am on the right, I want people to be able to defend themself you want to restrict that right. Who want to control and who doesn't?

Move along troll you lost.

I would have said you should have been armed, shame on you for not protecting your daughter. It is a mans duty to protect his family her father failed her.

I'm going to leave this statement hanging here.

Really, anything I say would just detract from the hilarity.

So you don't think it's a mans duty to protect his family?

It's a matched set you need to leave them together

How many shootings have we had at places that are know to have people armed? Has there ever been a mass shooting at a gun show?

So, I assume that if you believe in the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment, then you are a radical on the fringe of society. Wow, there are a whole lot of people on the fringe then.

Yes, it's a fringe view that crazy people should have an unrestricted right to purchase handguns.

You are on the frinhge of the left I am on the right, I want people to be able to defend themself you want to restrict that right. Who want to control and who doesn't?

Actually, I've posted polls. Most Americans want tighter gun laws.

GUNS IN AMERICA:Americans want firearms and federal restrictions

ALBANY, N.Y. -- Most Americans think the average citizen should have the right to own a handgun, but they also want the government to regulate gun ownership.

Nearly two-thirds of Americans think the Constitution should guarantee that right. About half say handgun ownership should be "government-controlled" -- and half of those who feel that way think those controls should come at the federal level.

In fact, Smith says, there's a great similarity between U.S. attitudes toward guns and automobiles.

"They believe, just like you license drivers, regulate cars and subject them to safety checks, there should be a parallel set of regulations for guns." But, Smith says, "If you take it a step further and ask, `Should we allow the average, law-abiding citizen to own a gun?' they're for it, just as they think the average, safe driver should be allowed to own a car."

In fact, Smith says, there's a great similarity between U.S. attitudes toward guns and automobiles.

Two-thirds think the current laws vary too much from state to state, and about half would solve the problem by putting gun control completely in the hands of the federal government. About half think the current gun regulations aren't strict, even though slightly more Americans think they're adequate than think they're inadequate.

We don't have what the people want. We have a very angry fringe on the right that keeps the gun laws lax enough for Jared Loughner to shoot little Christina, and mutants like you want to blame her parents for not protecting her at what should have been a safe place.

Actually, I've posted polls. Most Americans want tighter gun laws.

GUNS IN AMERICA:Americans want firearms and federal restrictions

ALBANY, N.Y. -- Most Americans think the average citizen should have the right to own a handgun, but they also want the government to regulate gun ownership.

Nearly two-thirds of Americans think the Constitution should guarantee that right. About half say handgun ownership should be "government-controlled" -- and half of those who feel that way think those controls should come at the federal level.

"They believe, just like you license drivers, regulate cars and subject them to safety checks, there should be a parallel set of regulations for guns." But, Smith says, "If you take it a step further and ask, `Should we allow the average, law-abiding citizen to own a gun?' they're for it, just as they think the average, safe driver should be allowed to own a car."

We don't have what the people want. We have a very angry fringe on the right that keeps the gun laws lax enough for Jared Loughner to shoot little Christina, and mutants like you want to blame her parents for not protecting her at what should have been a safe place.

You have already admitted you don't own a firearm we know what your agenda is, Polls are useless They can be worded in anyway to get the answer you seek. I am not going to look at your poll because you wouldn't use it if it didn't help your gun grabbing cause.

I think it's society's responsibility to keep us all safe. That's why we have laws. That's why we have police, and courts, and prisons. What you advocate is some Mel Gibson-post apocolyptic nightmare..

It is truly bizarre that when a little girl is killed in what should be a safe place, meeting a member of congress - the very soul of our democracy that we can do this- and her father is at fault for not anticipating that a crazy person was allowed to buy a gun with an extra large clip and no background check.

Maybe her father had a reasonable expectation that we live in a civilized society.

But not thanks to you guys. You guys think that Jarod should be allowed to buy a gun, and the best prediction is that someone might shoot him before he shoots them.

You have already admitted you don't own a firearm we know what your agenda is, Polls are useless They can be worded in anyway to get the answer you seek. I am not going to look at your poll because you wouldn't use it if it didn't help your gun grabbing cause.

So by your newly minted logic, only gays should have a say on gay marriage?

Hmmm. I hear your logic straining here.

The thing is, I think you should be allowed to own a gun- if you are responsible.

(Not that you are making a great showing for yourself by saying that it's Christinas father's fault that she died, and not the crazy person or the fool who sold the crazy person the gun.)

I think it's society's responsibility to keep us all safe. That's why we have laws. That's why we have police, and courts, and prisons. What you advocate is some Mel Gibson-post apocolyptic nightmare..

It is truly bizarre that when a little girl is killed in what should be a safe place, meeting a member of congress - the very soul of our democracy that we can do this- and her father is at fault for not anticipating that a crazy person was allowed to buy a gun with an extra large clip and no background check.

Maybe her father had a reasonable expectation that we live in a civilized society.

But not thanks to you guys. You guys think that Jarod should be allowed to buy a gun, and the best prediction is that someone might shoot him before he shoots them.

the very soul of our democracy that we can do this
1. We aren't a democracy, We are a Constitutional Republic
In a democracy the majority rules
before 1861 the majority of Americans thought slavery was ok, A Constitutional Republic changed that

I think it's society's responsibility to keep us all safe.
2. No it isn't the Superme Court has ruled that it's not Law Enforcements duty to protect anyone. They cannot beheld liable is they don't.

It is truly bizarre that when a little girl is killed in what should be a safe place, meeting a member of congress

3. No it isn't people intent on doing harm do not go to places known to have guns, what a better place than to go to a democratic rally.

4. Her father failed her. You wanted to use the little girl as a tool, does it hurt when you get it slapped back in your face? Her father failed her thats the cold hard facts and truth.

and her father is at fault for not anticipating that a crazy person was allowed to buy a gun with an extra large clip and no background check.

5. A) it's called a magazine not a clip
5. B) you do realize the firing function of a revolver and a seni automatic weapon are the same?
I can take a revoilver with 12 speed loaders and do the same thing with a semi automatic and 6 magazine's and be just as fast with either.

So by your newly minted logic, only gays should have a say on gay marriage?

Hmmm. I hear your logic straining here.

The thing is, I think you should be allowed to own a gun- if you are responsible.

(Not that you are making a great showing for yourself by saying that it's Christinas father's fault that she died, and not the crazy person or the fool who sold the crazy person the gun.)

WOW you lost your argument so your fishing for another way around my argument? What a joke.

It's even worse you used her as a tool to push your gun grabbing agenda, and you didn't like the cold hard truth, that her father failed her.

Last edited:
Think about it this way. Gun ownership is a Constitutional right. If we allow that right to be taken away, which one will be next?

Forum List

Back