Gun Ownership / Laws Discussion & Debate

Actually, when Krauthammer claims that Canada has lost all their guns rights, he's disingenous. Canadians have the ability to buy guns. They just have to register them. So he's already being dishonest. Krauthammer says a lot of really stupid things. He still thinks the Iraq was was a great idea. So I don't take anything that he says seriously.

Here's my thing. If they confiscated all the guns tomorrow, I could really, really care less. It just isn't important to me. In principle, I think you should be able to enjoy them if that's what you enjoy, but not if you're like a crazy person who thinks he needs to stockpile weapons because the government is going to put a chip in his ass so the UN Black Helicopters can track you.

Well regulated meand exactly that- REGULATED. as in, there are a bunch of rules written down as to who does what. This is what the courts have held, that municipalities, states and the Feds CAN regulate what kind of guns you can have, how many you can have and where you can take them. There are 20,000 guns laws already on the books, as you gun nuts are happy to remind us, and they are constitutional. Even the recent rulings on the gun bans in DC and Chicago still held there was a right to regulate gun ownership.

Now, if you want to argue with me, which laws don't work and which ones do, I'd probably agree, a LOT of those laws are unworkable and even a little sillly. But if you want to argue that a Sky Pixie gave you a right to have any kind of weapon you want, because of the bad syntax of the 2nd Amendment, then I just have to laugh at you.

I mean, why don't you have the right to a 155MM Howitzer in your yard? Right? I mean, heck, why not? And as long as you aren't shelling the neighbors houses, they might bitch about the noise and stuff..

You see how silly your argument sounds when taken to the logical conclusion.
You see how silly your argument sounds when taken to the logical conclusion

Talk about being silly.

Here's my thing. If they confiscated all the guns tomorrow, I could really, really care less. It just isn't important to me. In principle, I think you should be able to enjoy them if that's what you enjoy, but not if you're like a crazy person who thinks he needs to stockpile weapons because the government is going to put a chip in his ass so the UN Black Helicopters can track you.

It wouldn't bother you if they took your guns? oh thats right you cliam to own guns, I guess it wouldn't bother me either if my imaginary guns were taken away. You aren't fooling anyone Joey you're a fucking gun gabber.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kU0XCVey_U]This Is My Rifle. This Is My Gun - YouTube[/ame]

Well regulated meand exactly that- REGULATED. as in, there are a bunch of rules written down as to who does what.

The term well regulated in the founders days meant in working order what was to be expected.

The Random House College Dictionary (1980) gives four definitions for the word "regulate," which were all in use during the Colonial period and one more definition dating from 1690 (Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd Edition, 1989). They are:

1) To control or direct by a rule, principle, method, etc.
2) To adjust to some standard or requirement as for amount, degree, etc.

3) To adjust so as to ensure accuracy of operation.

4) To put in good order.

[obsolete sense]
b. Of troops: Properly disciplined. Obs. rare-1.

1690 Lond. Gaz. No. 2568/3 We hear likewise that the French are in a great Allarm in Dauphine and Bresse, not having at present 1500 Men of regulated Troops on that side.

Joe you do realize the original intent behind gun control was to keep guns out of the hands of blacks? So you do realize you're supporting a form of racism?

Hey,did you know that Hitler was a vegetarian? that means vegetables are evil. That means I don't have to eat my peas.

Keep deflecting joey the more you try to deflect the more harder I come at you. So I bring a truth fact up and you bring up hitler, is he your hero? After all he was another gun grabber.

It wouldn't bother you if they took your guns? oh thats right you cliam to own guns, I guess it wouldn't bother me either if my imaginary guns were taken away. You aren't fooling anyone Joey you're a fucking gun gabber.

Guy, I stated in my first post I don't own guns and haven't handled one since I left the Army in 1992.

I simply don't care.

I have no problem if sensible, responsible people own them. But they should do what responsible, sensible people do. Register, license, train and insure.

Clearly your reading comprehension skills are limited...

Keep deflecting joey the more you try to deflect the more harder I come at you. So I bring a truth fact up and you bring up hitler, is he your hero? After all he was another gun grabber.

That's not true, either. Hitler had no problem with personal gun ownership. The guy who grabbed up all the privately owned guns in Germany was ironically Dwight D. Eisenhower.

But your argument - questionable at best- that the first gun control laws were racially motivated is a good reason not to allow crazy people like Loughner to buy guns... well, that's just silly.

Make an argument about why a delusional person who hears voices in his head to kill people should have a right to buy a gun.

Go ahead. Tell me why THAT'S a good idea.

Guy, I stated in my first post I don't own guns and haven't handled one since I left the Army in 1992.

I simply don't care.

I have no problem if sensible, responsible people own them. But they should do what responsible, sensible people do. Register, license, train and insure.

Clearly your reading comprehension skills are limited...

That's not true, either. Hitler had no problem with personal gun ownership. The guy who grabbed up all the privately owned guns in Germany was ironically Dwight D. Eisenhower.

But your argument - questionable at best- that the first gun control laws were racially motivated is a good reason not to allow crazy people like Loughner to buy guns... well, that's just silly.

Make an argument about why a delusional person who hears voices in his head to kill people should have a right to buy a gun.

Go ahead. Tell me why THAT'S a good idea.

So you don't own any Firearms but you think you have some kind of say in who can and cannot own one?
You say you were in the army?
Why are you calling a firearm a gun? Your army training should tell you why Firearms are not guns.

Using hitlker again I see, hitler had a problem with Jews owning firearms. We were at war with Germany you stupid fuck of course Eisenhower is going to take away their firearms.

Before you come back with a reply do some research on the history of gun control, gun control is what you liberals call it.

A Brief History of Firearms Regulation in America
The Bill of Rights, including the Second Amendment -- "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." gains final ratification.

Georgia passes a law banning handguns. The law is ruled unconstitutional and thrown out.

In a reaction to emancipation, several southern states adopt "black codes" which, among other things, forbid black persons from possessing firearms.

Gun Control Timeline - U.S. Government Info/Resources

Again Joey you need to stop being a gun grabber

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kU0XCVey_U]This Is My Rifle. This Is My Gun - YouTube[/ame]

Shhhh... Full Auto and RebNC already think that the government is going to put chips in their buttocks so the UN can track them with their black helicopters.

LOL YOU HAD YOUR ASS WHIPPED IN DEBATE. Now you have been reduced to making stuff up. Just admit youre a pussy and the discussion can end.

No, all you did was repeat a lot of crazy NRA talking points and acted like a paranoid loon... which was just laughable.

There are no rights, and never were. There are privilages. This is just the reality. Name any right, I can point where it was taken away from someone at some point.

Now, if you were to argue to me, we shouldn't ban guns because guns bans don't work, hey, I'd agree with that. And we should stop trying to ban drugs, abortions and prostitution for pretty much the same reason, but I don't think you wingnuts would be down with that.

But if you were to argue that we shouldn't try to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and crazy people because the bad syntax in the Second Amendment (which was about militias, not guns) created a Holy Right granted by the Invisible Sky Pixie, and if you have to prove you aren't crazy or a criminal to buy one is just an infringement.

Well, that's just batshit crazy and most Americans don't agree with that.

I refuted your studies leaving you with but but but I still believe them.

Climb back in the gun grabbers lap and piss off. The sad part is you were too stupid apparently to read the added salt link.

Thanks for playing blowhard.

That doesn't mean anything to me Sparky...Show Me.
missourF.gif

National Firearm Injury and Death Statistics | Washington CeaseFire

I did one of these myself, 100% my own research...my conclusions were somewhat different.

This post is from 2009:

Gun Control Doesn't Work...Here's the Proof.

[FONT=arial,arial]These are the 13 states with the most pro-Second Amendment laws according to the Brady Center (Oklahoma being the most pro-Second Amendment in the nation) with total firearm murders from 2007 according to the FBI and population from the Census Bureau:[/FONT]​

----------State-----------------------------# of Firearm Homicides-----------Population

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Arkansas ----------------------130 ------------2,810,872
  • [FONT=arial,arial]Idaho -------------------------------------------------25 ---------------------1,466,465[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]New Mexico ---------------------------------------81 ---------------------1,954,599[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]South Dakota ---------------------------------------4 -----------------------781,919[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]West Virginia --------------------------------------37 --------------------1,818,470[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]Mississippi ---------------------------------------119 ---------------------2,910,540[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]Alaska -----------------------------------------------21 --------------------- 670,053[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]Louisiana ------------------------------------------455----------------------4,287,768[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]Missouri -------------------------------------------247 ---------------------5,842,713[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]North Dakota ----------------------------------------3 -----------------------635,867[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]Utah ---------------------------------------------------38 --------------------2,550,063[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]Kentucky ------------------------------------------131 --------------------4,206,074[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]Oklahoma -------------------------------- --------132 --------------------3,579,212[/FONT]
And the 13 strictest gun control states according to the Brady Center (California being the strictest in the nation) with total firearm murders from 2007 according to the FBI and population from the Census Bureau:

• California -----------------------1,605-----36,457,549
  • New Jersey ----------------------260-------8,724,560
  • Connecticut ----------------------57 -------3,504,809
  • Massachusetts ------------------114 -------6,437,193
  • Maryland ------------------------414------- 5,615,727
  • New York ------------------------500 -----19,306,183
  • Rhode Island -------------------- --9 ------ 1,067,610
  • Hawaii -----------------------------3 -------1,285,498
  • Illinois ---------------------------343* -----12,831,970
  • Pennsylvania ---------------------527 ------12,440,621
  • Michigan -------------------------444 ------10,095,643
  • Delaware--------------------------22 ---------853,476
  • North Carolina--------------------369 --------8,856,505
* incomplete data received by the FBI

The District of Columbia is not listed on the Brady Center ranking list but it did have the strictest gun control in the nation in 2007:

• District of Columbia-----------------181--------581,530
So here is the break down for firearm homicides per number of citizens per state plus the District of Columbia with Washington D.C. being the most dangerous place to live with 1 out of every 3,212 residents murdered by firearms and Hawaii being the safest with 1 out of every 428,499 residents murdered by firearms.

The number listed is the population divided by the total firearm homicides to render 1 homicide per (X) number of residents. (Blue are Strict Gun Control, Red are Pro-gun)

1. District of Columbia -----------1 / 3,212
  2. Louisiana ---------------------1 / 9,423
  3. Maryland ---------------------1 / 13,564
  4. Arkansas ---------------------1 / 21,622
  5. California ---------------------1 / 22,714
  6. Michigan ---------------------1 / 22,737
  7. Pennsylvania -----------------1 / 23,606
  8. Missouri ----------------------1 / 23,654
  9. North Carolina ----------------1 / 24,001
  10. New Mexico ------------------1 / 24,130
  11. Mississippi --------------------1 / 24,458
  12. Oklahoma --------------------1 / 25,115
  13. Alaska -----------------------1 / 31,907
  14. Kentucky ---------------------1 / 32,107
  15. New Jersey -------------------1 / 33,556
  16. Illinois ------------------------1 / 37,410
  17. New York ---------------------1 / 38,612
  18. Delaware ---------------------1 / 38,794
  19. West Virgina ------------------1 / 49,147
  20. Massachusetts ----------------1 / 56,466
  21. Idaho -------------------------1 / 58,658
  22. Connecticut -------------------1 / 61,487
  23. Utah --------------------------1 / 67,106
  24. Rhode Island -------------------1 / 118,623
  25. South Dakota ------------------1 / 195,479
  26. North Dakota -------------------1 / 211,955
  27. Hawaii -------------------------1 / 428,499
Bottom line, stricter firearm laws have no effect on firearm homicides.

That is why the Brady Center uses violent crime or firearm deaths instead of actual firearm homicides even though the firearm homicides are provided by the FBI online every year.

Link to FBI Stats Table 20 - Crime in the United States 2007

Link to Brady Center state rankings list http://www.stategunlaws.org/xshare/p...d_rankings.pdf

Population from the U.S. Census Bureau State and County QuickFacts

Wikipedia Firearm Homicides for the District of Columbia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Washington,_D.C.

This blog is entirely my own work and research...reproduce it freely in support of the 2nd amendment.

I don't know where you got that table on the red and blue states but the indication that Pennsylvania is a blue state is incorrect. Pennsylvania is one of the most pro gun states in the Union,

I did one of these myself, 100% my own research...my conclusions were somewhat different.

This post is from 2009:

[FONT=arial,arial]These are the 13 states with the most pro-Second Amendment laws according to the Brady Center (Oklahoma being the most pro-Second Amendment in the nation) with total firearm murders from 2007 according to the FBI and population from the Census Bureau:[/FONT]​

----------State-----------------------------# of Firearm Homicides-----------Population

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• [FONT=arial,arial]Idaho -------------------------------------------------25 ---------------------1,466,465[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]New Mexico ---------------------------------------81 ---------------------1,954,599[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]South Dakota ---------------------------------------4 -----------------------781,919[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]West Virginia --------------------------------------37 --------------------1,818,470[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]Mississippi ---------------------------------------119 ---------------------2,910,540[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]Alaska -----------------------------------------------21 --------------------- 670,053[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]Louisiana ------------------------------------------455----------------------4,287,768[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]Missouri -------------------------------------------247 ---------------------5,842,713[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]North Dakota ----------------------------------------3 -----------------------635,867[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]Utah ---------------------------------------------------38 --------------------2,550,063[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]Kentucky ------------------------------------------131 --------------------4,206,074[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]Oklahoma -------------------------------- --------132 --------------------3,579,212[/FONT]
And the 13 strictest gun control states according to the Brady Center (California being the strictest in the nation) with total firearm murders from 2007 according to the FBI and population from the Census Bureau:

The District of Columbia is not listed on the Brady Center ranking list but it did have the strictest gun control in the nation in 2007:

So here is the break down for firearm homicides per number of citizens per state plus the District of Columbia with Washington D.C. being the most dangerous place to live with 1 out of every 3,212 residents murdered by firearms and Hawaii being the safest with 1 out of every 428,499 residents murdered by firearms.

The number listed is the population divided by the total firearm homicides to render 1 homicide per (X) number of residents. (Blue are Strict Gun Control, Red are Pro-gun)

That is why the Brady Center uses violent crime or firearm deaths instead of actual firearm homicides even though the firearm homicides are provided by the FBI online every year.

Link to Brady Center state rankings list http://www.stategunlaws.org/xshare/p...d_rankings.pdf

Wikipedia Firearm Homicides for the District of Columbia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Washington,_D.C.

This blog is entirely my own work and research...reproduce it freely in support of the 2nd amendment.

I don't know where you got that table on the red and blue states but the indication that Pennsylvania is a blue state is incorrect. Pennsylvania is one of the most pro gun states in the Union,

Blue, but as bluedog The state does present a good mix.

At the invitation of a poster whom I respect, I'm starting this thread as an off-shoot from another (Things I Disagree with Tea Party / Liberals...).

"When you are done with this topic, we can discuss this one in more detail.

* I own a gun. If anyone breaks into my home and holds perfectly still while I move to within three feet of them, they're dead meat. Or their leg will hurt. Maybe a toe. In any case, you guys are all over the danm place on this issue. Some of you have told me I should be able to own a machine gun or even an RPG. Others have told me I should be able to take these fine weapons anywhere I want. I disagree with those of you who have that view.
On the other side, Libs if I have a gun in my home, I am not a "NeoCon" or "Out to prove my manhood".

Good post otherwise."

So apparently my new found friend thinks this part of my post was bad. I'm betting it's not because he thinks all guns should be banned...

What's funny is, in the same thread, for the paragraph above, I was called a Conservative who puts human life before property and a Liberal who wants to take away our protection from that tyrannical government that we all know is going to invade ou homes any day now.

So there it is.
If you don't think we need gun ownership at all and can state your reasons why, guess what? I can respect those views. I'm not going to call you names or sling petty insults like some arrogant moron who thinks I know all.
If you think we should have more gun rights and can state your reasons why, guess what? Same thing. Intelligent people can appreciate differing views.

It was one of the rights written into the constitution with the founding of this nation. That alone is reason enough.

LOL YOU HAD YOUR ASS WHIPPED IN DEBATE. Now you have been reduced to making stuff up. Just admit youre a pussy and the discussion can end.

No, all you did was repeat a lot of crazy NRA talking points and acted like a paranoid loon... which was just laughable.

There are no rights, and never were. There are privilages. This is just the reality. Name any right, I can point where it was taken away from someone at some point.

Now, if you were to argue to me, we shouldn't ban guns because guns bans don't work, hey, I'd agree with that. And we should stop trying to ban drugs, abortions and prostitution for pretty much the same reason, but I don't think you wingnuts would be down with that.

But if you were to argue that we shouldn't try to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and crazy people because the bad syntax in the Second Amendment (which was about militias, not guns) created a Holy Right granted by the Invisible Sky Pixie, and if you have to prove you aren't crazy or a criminal to buy one is just an infringement.

Well, that's just batshit crazy and most Americans don't agree with that.

I refuted your studies leaving you with but but but I still believe them.

Climb back in the gun grabbers lap and piss off. The sad part is you were too stupid apparently to read the added salt link.

Thanks for playing blowhard.

He says he's doesn't own a firearm, yet he's more han willing to surrender the rights of other who do own firearms.

That would be like someone who doesn't own a car and has no use for one saying nobody else should have one.

So, I assume that if you believe in the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment, then you are a radical on the fringe of society. Wow, there are a whole lot of people on the fringe then.

I am a gun owner. I know a lot of people who are also gun owners. When Clinton was President, he outlawed large clips. Almost on the same day, I knew a bunch of guys that went out into their barns and started making large clips and trading them for AR-15's, AK's, and different weapons. So much for the Washington rules and regulations.

How long does this have to go on? You can make all the rules and regulations you want and there are those of us in "flyover country" who could care less what Washington mandates. By the way, how's that 100 year war on bootleg liquor going for ya? I could drive ten minutes to a place where a still right this minute is pumping out moonshine like there isn't any tomorrow. And it's pretty good stuff actually.

Most Americans in "flyover country" sit and watch what happens on the coasts and we laugh and go about our business. Tax it? Good, then we trade and barter. Ban it? I'm glad it makes you feel better, because we'll just make our own. You want to regulate guns and take them away from citizens? Wonderful!! We'll trade them and make our own ammunition. A hundred people I know have reloaders and quite frankly some of them make better ammo than the dealers. Outlaw automatic weapons? I think that's wonderful. Take that sear to a hundred guys and they'll file it down and you can have fully auto or 3-round burst in a minute.

Just because you people on the coasts can't live without a stack of laws or regulations doesn't mean that this really affects all of us. When are you going to learn that you just can't fix stupid? There will always be those idiots who will use a gun to do harm. The thing is that the person who is that stupid will think twice if the person he's going up against has a gun as well. If you're a car-jacker, you know it's a bad day when the owner of the car has a Colt Double-Eagle. Can you say "bought and paid for"? I know you can.

Last edited:
So, I assume that if you believe in the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment, then you are a radical on the fringe of society. Wow, there are a whole lot of people on the fringe then.

I am a gun owner. I know a lot of people who are also gun owners. When Clinton was President, he outlawed large clips. Almost on the same day, I knew a bunch of guys that went out into their barns and started making large clips and trading them for AR-15's, AK's, and different weapons. So much for the Washington rules and regulations.

How long does this have to go on? You can make all the rules and regulations you want and there are those of us in "flyover country" who could care less what Washington mandates. By the way, how's that 100 year war on bootleg liquor going for ya? I could drive ten minutes to a place where a still right this minute is pumping out moonshine like there isn't any tomorrow. And it's pretty good stuff actually.

Most Americans in "flyover country" sit and watch what happens on the coasts and we laugh and go about our business. Tax it? Good, then we trade and barter. Ban it? I'm glad it makes you feel better, because we'll just make our own. You want to regulate guns and take them away from citizens? Wonderful!! We'll trade them and make our own ammunition. A hundred people I know have reloaders and quite frankly some of them make better ammo than the dealers. Outlaw automatic weapons? I think that's wonderful. Take that sear to a hundred guys and they'll file it down and you can have fully auto or 3-round burst in a minute.

Just because you people on the coasts can't live without a stack of laws or regulations doesn't mean that this really affects all of us. When are you going to learn that you just can't fix stupid? There will always be those idiots who will use a gun to do harm. The thing is that the person who is that stupid will think twice if the person he's going up against has a gun as well. If you're a car-jacker, you know it's a bad day when the owner of the car has a Colt Double-Eagle. Can you say "bought and paid for"? I know you can.

Hey some of us on the coast have the same mind set as you fly overs do.:clap2:

This post is from 2009:

Yep, has a good mix but if Pennsylvania is pro gun control, explain how the Castle Doctrine got passed. Takes affect on August 29.

yes we need fewer gun restrictions, this is American after all and owning a gun is a freedom, and they are fun to shoot. When you have a gun people are far less to mes with you than when you don't. Sure bad people will get them. Guess what they will get them anyway might as well be able to fight back if one shows up.

I along with every single person I know around these parts (N.Texas) owns many guns. We all grow gardens, hunt for meat and fish for meat. We actually still live somewhat off the land and are better for it these coming trying times.

These good ol boys I am talking about all agree. There is only one way they will ever take our guns....smoking out of our dead hands. I know there are millions and millions of Americans that feel the same way and guess what we are the reason no one wants to invade america and the number one reason Obama wants more gun laws. Fuck him

Yep, has a good mix but if Pennsylvania is pro gun control, explain how the Castle Doctrine got passed. Takes affect on August 29.

Do you have any clue as to what the Castle Doctrine is?

yes we need fewer gun restrictions, this is American after all and owning a gun is a freedom, and they are fun to shoot. When you have a gun people are far less to mes with you than when you don't. Sure bad people will get them. Guess what they will get them anyway might as well be able to fight back if one shows up.

I along with every single person I know around these parts (N.Texas) owns many guns. We all grow gardens, hunt for meat and fish for meat. We actually still live somewhat off the land and are better for it these coming trying times.

These good ol boys I am talking about all agree. There is only one way they will ever take our guns....smoking out of our dead hands. I know there are millions and millions of Americans that feel the same way and guess what we are the reason no one wants to invade america and the number one reason Obama wants more gun laws. Fuck him

A fellow prepper I see. welcome

Instead of wading threw this NRA Sewage of bullshit, a simple question, which you guys can't answer.

Pretend for a moment you are speaking to the mother of Christina-Taylor Green. (The little girl killed by Jared Loughner.)

I want to hear what argument you would use to explain to her why a crazy person should be allowed to buy a gun because you have a delusion you can fight off the government with a handgun.

Go on. I'd like to hear what one of you would actually say to her.

Forum List

Back