Gun owner paranoia---

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
Democrats: "We need to keep guns out of the hands of children, criminals, and the mentally retarded"

Republican Translation: Them damn Liberals are gonna take all our shootin irons away!! :mad-61:

Why are Republicans so paranoid about guns? America has more guns in circulation than they have people. A few less guns in the hands of criminals and children seems like common sense to me.

Democrats: "We need to keep guns out of the hands of children, criminals, and the mentally retarded"

Republican Translation: Them damn Liberals are gonna take all our shootin irons away!! :mad-61:

Why are Republicans so paranoid about guns? America has more guns in circulation than they have people. A few less guns in the hands of criminals and children seems like common sense to me.
I think the better question is why are you so paranoid about the Republicans guns?

Because you appear to be unwilling to focus on sentencing laws. You appear to be equally unwilling to tango with the immediate release of those with gun charges, and murder charges, in places like Chicago and Baltimore. You continue to desire some unthinking bail reform laws. You do not want to to put money into the mental health care system but want to demand others to spend about over $2,500 for a psych eval. I'm a liberal and I'm telling you that you people are batshit crazy.

I'm a gun owner. Got a bunch of 'em downstairs in the safe. Got my first gun at 11yrs old. Bought it with my chore money. Used to be a member of the NRA. Until they went stupid.

I think American gun-culture is stupid and crazy.
I've long advocated that when a tool of such potential destructive/disruptive potential is brought into our civil society then what comes with it is ----- strict liability.

If there is ANY harm to humans or property after that weapon is fired then the OWNER of the gun bears a significant liability. NOT just the jackass who fired it ....... but also the owner of record.

That means if your Glock is stolen from underneath the seat of your Ford-150 and it is used to shoot somebody's cheatin' wife.....well, the shooter gets arrested and tried, and the owner of the gun gets a whopper of a fine.

It was his gun. He brought it into our society. He failed to secure it adequately. Ergo......he has a share of the responsibility.

THEN.......you would see a more serious, responsible, cautious approach to owning those things.

IMHO

I'm a gun owner. Got a bunch of 'em downstairs in the safe. Got my first gun at 11yrs old. Bought it with my chore money. Used to be a member of the NRA. Until they went stupid.

I've long advocated that when a tool of such potential destructive/disruptive potential is brought into our civil society then what comes with it is ----- strict liability.

If there is ANY harm to humans or property after that weapon is fired then the OWNER of the gun bears a significant liability. NOT just the jackass who fired it ....... but also the owner of record.

That means if your Glock is stolen from underneath the seat of your Ford-150 and it is used to shoot somebody's cheatin' wife.....well, the shooter gets arrested and tried, and the owner of the gun gets a whopper of a fine.

It was his gun. He brought it into our society. He failed to secure it adequately. Ergo......he has a share of the responsibility.

THEN.......you would see a more serious, responsible, cautious approach to owning those things.

IMHO
and if someone steals your car, and drives it into a crowd, you're partially responsible for any deaths and damages it causes?

IMHO
and if someone steals your car, and drives it into a crowd, you're partially responsible for any deaths and damages it causes?
Or used in any other commission of a crime.

IMHO
Going to expand that into children who went wrong also?
Maybe there would be less unwanted pregnancies and a more cautious approach.

IMHO

Hey dumbass. The gun is the tool. The person using it is the weapon. Find a way to get rid of all evil people and you won't need gun control.

If your tool is stolen, you aren't responsible if some evil asshole kills someone. After all the gun is the tool. The person using it is the weapon.

Sorry Moon Bat Karen but you don't get to tell me how many firearms I can have. It is none of your fucking business.

Go worry about your own shit. Stop being an asshole.

It's not paranoia, it's disgust and distrust. Past statements and actions have shown Democrats cannot be trusted.

Leave the guns alone.

Get rid of the criminal element. Permanently.

"For the children." Right. What a joke.

IMHO

Sure, if you leave it with the keys in it and maybe running while left unattended. There is no keys for a gun and it's always running. For those that don't show "Reasonable" security then they are as guilty as the person that pulled the trigger. I saw a young in a quick stop who had a gun on her hip. She was tossing her hip in that direction knowing (or unknowingly) to broadcast she was carrying an open carry. I can just see the bad guy now who decides to mug here. "Hey, jake, look a free gun and a free piece of ass".

It's not paranoia, it's disgust and distrust. Past statements and actions have shown Democrats cannot be trusted.

Leave the guns alone.

Get rid of the criminal element. Permanently.

"For the children." Right. What a joke.

Unless you have been living under a rock lately, if we got rid of all the criminal element and those that support it most of you Party of the Rumpsters would have to be rounded up. But the Prisons just don't hold that many.

Hey dumbass. The gun is the tool. The person using it is the weapon.

Hey, I truly don't mind that poster 'Claudette' feels comfortable enough with our relationship to call my poor avatar a "dumbass". We are tolerant and forgiving. After all, some folks have only that vocabulary in their ----hold for it ----'tool'-box. ;)

Anyway, Claudette's fretting over tools and guns kinda sorta gets irrelevant when some -- in her words, "evil asshole" -- 5yr old gets ahold of Uncle Mike's 9mm and plugs his 3yr old sister.....with a mere tool.

After all, as we all know, the only way to stop a bad 5yr-old with a gun ----is ------ a good 5yr-old with a gun.

Hey dumbass. The gun is the tool. The person using it is the weapon.

Hey, I truly don't mind that poster 'Claudette' feels comfortable enough with our relationship to call my poor avatar a "dumbass". We are tolerant and forgiving. After all, some folks have only that vocabulary in their ----hold for it ----'tool'-box. ;)

Anyway, Claudette's fretting over tools and guns and evil a**holes kinda sorta gets irrelevant when some -- in her words, "evil asshole" -- 5yr old gets ahold of Uncle Mike's 9mm and plugs his 3yr old sister.....with a mere tool.

After all, as we all know, the only way to stop a bad 5yr-old with a gun ----is ------ a good 5yr-old with a gun.

If the five year old got hold of the gun its because the owner didn't have it in a safe place. That's on him or her.

Hell my Dad had guns and told us not to touch them. We never even thought of touching his guns.

Jesus are you an idiot. No one wants a 5 year old to have a gun. All guns should be kept in a safe place. If they aren't in a safe place then whoever owns them is to blame.

And yes. The gun is the tool. The person using it is the weapon even if that person is a 5 year old.

Because Democrats are lying lowlife filthy scum sucking bastards who have every intention of totally banning gun ownership that's why.

All guns should be kept in a safe place. If they aren't in a safe place then whoever owns them is to blame.

Thanks, Claudette.
I'm relieved our relationship remains sound.
Most especially, when you offer a cogent and thoughtful argument that.......exactly supports the position I laid out in my post (#4).

I think you are cool.

Because when dems get teh chance, they don't do that, they make it hard for anyone to get a gun.

If being able to fondle a shooty infuses confidence, why are so many of the gun-dependent so insecure?

If being able to fondle a shooty infuses confidence, why are so many of the gun-dependent so insecure?
If more people are killed by cars than guns, why don't they want to ban cars instead of guns?

Forum List

Back