CDZ Gun laws

Should concealed carry, castle doctrine, and stand your ground, be nationwide?

• 1. Yes

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • 2. No

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • 3. Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There will be no further discussion on 'attitudes' until there's a cooling off period for everybody. There's no positive progress on a gun thread without calmness and rational thinking.
Stay tuned!
youre the one that needs the cooling off so you can think rationally,,

you mean we aren't agreeing with you so you need to run away
It's been an hour cooling off period so I'll allow you to decide whether or not everybody is ready for a calm discussion on American gun 'attitudes'.
Logical consequences of your behaviour will determine whether we can continue the discussion.

I'll say it again you don't know enough American gun owners to make any meaningful comment on the attitudes of American gun owners.

I could be standing right next to you on the street and you would have no clue that I was carrying as concealed handgun nor would you be able to look at me and tell me what guns I had at home in my gun safe.

You have never been to a range in the US yet you seem to know that Americans have bad attitudes at gun ranges if they shoot at a particular type of target or wear a particular type of clothing.

You are not bothering to let the facts get in your way though are you?

It's been an hour cooling off period so I'll allow you to decide whether or not everybody is ready for a calm discussion on American gun 'attitudes'.
Logical consequences of your behaviour will determine whether we can continue the discussion.

I'll say it again you don't know enough American gun owners to make any meaningful comment on the attitudes of American gun owners.

I could be standing right next to you on the street and you would have no clue that I was carrying as concealed handgun nor would you be able to look at me and tell me what guns I had at home in my gun safe.

You have never been to a range in the US yet you seem to know that Americans have bad attitudes at gun ranges if they shoot at a particular type of target or wear a particular type of clothing.

A pretend cowboy looking sad and lonely would raise my suspicions, as would someone who identifies him/herself as being a Christian. And then to follow him/her to a shooting range to see what type of target he chooses to blaze away at ..................

View attachment 440349

Our progressive legislators felt so threatened by the protestors on 6 January 2020 that they had a unarmed woman shot down like the Thug our president elect thinks those who didn't vote for him are. Well there's others who feel threatened when their windows are knocked out, their stores looted, their buildings burnt, etc, etc, etc,... Since progressives feel that shooting unarmed and armed people is allowed when that Thug is being aggressive then perhaps its time to give the people the means to defend themselves from such threats also.

Isn't it time for the progressive legislators to institute gun laws so other people can feel safe also?

It's time for Congress to pass laws that make concealed carry, castle doctrine, and stand your ground, nationwide.

*****SMILE*****

:)

We have a Second Amendment and should have no security problems in our free States. Don't grab guns, grab gun lovers and Regulate them Well until we have no more security problems!

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

1610999599709.png

My right to bear arms shall not be infringed.

Says so right there in the 2nd Amendment.

I don't care if it's local, state, or federal, government they don't have the right to take away the right given to me by the Constitution Of The United States.

*****SMILE*****

:)

A pretend cowboy looking sad and lonely would raise my suspicions, as would someone who identifies him/herself as being a Christian. And then to follow him/her to a shooting range to see what type of target he chooses to blaze away at ..................

There you go again stereotyping Americans as cowboys.

You do realize most Americans have only ever seen a cowboy on TV don't you?

And you just illustrate your ignorance of what happens at a gun range once more.

And you just illustrate your ignorance of what happens at a gun range once more.

TIME OUT!

TIME OUT!
You might as well give up.

You have no knowledge or experience with the subject and as such no American will take you seriously so why don't you find some Canadian message board so you can tell other Canadians that you think you know what's best for Americans at least there your ignorance won't be so easy to see.

I used to own a Colt Sporter AR15. Like most owners, the only thing I ever fired it at were paper targets. AR15s are nice guns to fire, they are reasonably accurate, have low recoil and don't suffer from reliability problems.

Still, they are a compromise for the intended use you've mentioned.
I won't tell you why that is true because you should know already.

If anybody wants a technical discussion on guns, I'll be happy to do so on a thread that suits the topic.
if you knew anything about guns you would know that an AR 15 is not an especially powerful rifle and that what idiots call an "assault rifle" is nothing but semiautomatic rifle no different than any other semiautomatic rifle and that civilians have had access to semiautomatic rifles for over 100 years.
When I had my AR15, I had a friend who had a Ruger Mini 14. They shot the same round, operated exactly the same way and I even had some magazines that were interchangeable between the two rifles. However, the anti-gunners called my AR 15 an "assault rifle" but called my friend's Mini 14 a hunting rifle. That's the level of stupidity that exists in the anti-gun community. Their lives are run by perceptions fueled by rhetoric rather than facts.

You already blew it.

AR-15 mags 20 Round
hexmag_s2_15rd_bk_conf.jpg

Mini-14 Mag 20 Round
lipseys6975009_1.jpg

I guess you might be able to interchange them if you use a big enough hammer and want to end up with a wall hanger.
\
No, I had some magazines that were designed to be interchangeable between the two rifles. They must have had a short production run because I can't find any online now. They were polycarbonate and you could see how many rounds were remaining.

Tell me how many Americans do you know that you can make these broad brush statements about ALL Americans?

I've never suggested 'all' Americans, I've suggested that the very bad ones can be found at ranges shooting at human silouette targets. And they will go to ranges because they need to be seen.

Canadians are well informed on guns and shooting but we understand the difference between the legitimate use of firearms and criminal use due to bad attitudes. We can help with some new direction!
The "very bad ones", the ones who are responsible for over ninety percent of gun deaths aren't on ranges at all. They are one the streets of a handful of cities shooting at actual people, not targets.

And how many gun ranges in the US have you been to?

Let me guess none.

You're right. None. The environment around US gun ranges would be too dangerous for me.

I can go to a Canadian rifle range and find an example of the gun 'attitude' problem if I stay for the whole day. We have the sickness in Canada too, to a much lesser degree. And the mounties are fully aware of which ones they need to watch.

It's not helpful for you to deny that the ones who are bordering on mental illness are there at America's ranges shooting at human silouette targets. And they will be using weapons that are very suitable for killing people.
There you go assuming stupid shit again.

if you minded your own business , kept your yap shut and didn't start telling people how they should think you'd be welcome at any gun range.

And it doesn't matter if a person shoots at a silhouette target. Cops shoot at silhouette targets all the time even Canadian cops. Maybe you should be lecturing Canadian cops about their bad attitudes.
Some Canadian cops have bad attitudes.

I think a short cooling off period is in order again. Everybody should take some 'time out' to think and cool off.
Why? Because no one agrees with your assinine statements? Your ideas a stupid and you are abysmally ignorant about firearms and gun owners.

Why? Because no one agrees with your assinine statements? Your ideas a stupid and you are abysmally ignorant about firearms and gun owners.

I think we're onto a solution for America's gun violence problem. De-escalating the attitude problem is a solution that doesn't even call for interfering with the 2nd. amendment rights. The suggestion is that changing attitudes away from violent use of guns to more sensible and peaceful use of guns, would make a huge difference over time. Lessening the notion is the heads of young gunowners that they need or even want a military type weapons.
This is something that the NRA could support as a sensible solution!

Can we resume the conversation with comments on that idea?
I think it explains very well why America has such a huge gun problem as compared to countries with as many guns per capita. A person blazing away at a human silouette target at a range is a good candidate to watch for a criminal in the making.
Why would he/she want to be doing that at a range?

I think we're onto a solution for America's gun violence problem. De-escalating the attitude problem is a solution that doesn't even call for interfering with the 2nd. amendment rights. The suggestion is that changing attitudes away from violent use of guns to more sensible and peaceful use of guns, would make a huge difference over time. Lessening the notion is the heads of young gunowners that they need or even want a military type weapons.
This is something that the NRA could support as a sensible solution!

Can we resume the conversation with comments on that idea?
I think it explains very well why America has such a huge gun problem as compared to countries with as many guns per capita. A person blazing away at a human silouette target at a range is a good candidate to watch for a criminal in the making.
Why would he/she want to be doing that at a range?
the reason we use silhouette targets is because thats what the intended target is and you train accordingly,,

Research shows that owning a gun, holding one or even just seeing one can have a significant effect on our perceptions and our behavior. For nearly 50 years, scientists have been studying the "weapons effect," a phenomenon in which the presence of a weapon or a picture of one can stimulate aggressive behavior.

The above is applicable to this conversation in that it would apply doubly true for assault weapons that have a definite purpose of killing people. A start could be made by working together with the NRA in convincing shooters to concentrate more on the possibilities of greater satisfaction being gained out of precision shooting or the use of more refined rifles for hunting purposes. Thereby encouraging all but those with ambitions of killing people, to hone their skills.

Then that could lead to policing of ranges by NRA leadership themselves when they observe a civilian blazing away at a human silouette target.

Source:
Guns in America: Attitudes and Experiences of Americans ...
https://pewsocialtrends.org › 2017/06/22 › americas-co...

New Topics

Forum List

Back