CDZ Gun laws

Should concealed carry, castle doctrine, and stand your ground, be nationwide?

• 1. Yes

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • 2. No

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • 3. Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If there are no witnesses, you can claim that the other person started it and was about to attack you when you shot them. I know someone that got away with doing just that. Dead men tell no tales.

It may not be happening everyday. That was conjecture on my part.

If you want to hear a Canadian's interpretation of 'Stand Your Ground' laws, I would suggest it's just another term for 'legalized murder' of your fellow Americans.

You don't know what you are talking about...

Stand Your Ground is a doctrine meant to protect innocent Americans who are attacked and forced to defend themselves from violent criminals. In the past, the victim had to prove they couldn't retreat...making them a double victim of the justice system........this keeps innocent people safe from malicious and ignorant prosecution......

It's ridiculous

The idiot might as well be saying if there were no guns there would be no criminals

The 'idiot' could be saying that if there were less assault weapons and less attitude problems then there would be less criminal activity with guns. Or something along those lines.

There are 20 million AR-15 rifles in private hands......millions more of other styles of semi-automatic rifles...

Knives, clubs, and bare hands are used to commit more murder than these rifles...

You really don't understand what you are talking about...the following is the total number of murders committed with all rifle types, not just semi-automatic rifles.....

Do you understand that AR-15 rifles are not 'Assault' rifles....? Do you understand that?

Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

Knives...1,476

Clubs....397

Bare hands....600

Rifles...364

America's gun violence is a symptom of a much greater problem.

Everything can be traced back to huge income inequality. Even the current upsurge in racism because some minority must take the blame for what the American way has done to the working people.

America's situation is eerily similar to the situation facing Germany prior to the beginning of WW2.

Has the elimination of Trump ended the cycle or will it all culminate in another world war?

Russia and China have already been assigned their positions as the supposed evil that makes them the victims.

The ones calling for silencing the opposition party is the democrat party...not Trump supporters...the ones calling for getting members of the opposition party fired from their jobs is the democrat party, not Trump supporters....the democrat party voters were burning, looting our cities for the last 7 months ....they murdered 30 Americans during those acts of actual insurrection..

What about this do you not understand?

America's gun violence is a symptom of a much greater problem.

Everything can be traced back to huge income inequality. Even the current upsurge in racism because some minority must take the blame for what the American way has done to the working people.

America's situation is eerily similar to the situation facing Germany prior to the beginning of WW2.

Has the elimination of Trump ended the cycle or will it all culminate in another world war?

Russia and China have already been assigned their positions as the supposed evil that makes them the victims.

No....the actual problem can be traced to fatherless homes......boys and girls raised without fathers in the home...go to any American prison and look at the inmates......the majority come from homes without fathers, raised by single mothers or put into foster care.....that is the problem...not normal gun owners....

Thank you to everyone who has observed the 1 hour cooling off period. Perhaps we can resume the conversation now with cooler heads and more on-topic comments.

I suggest we pickup where we left off on Americans attitudes toward their use of their guns. Is my suggestion of not allowing human silouette targets on civilian ranges, worth considering?
no.

Because paper targets are not people and gun owners know the difference

Thank you to everyone who has observed the 1 hour cooling off period. Perhaps we can resume the conversation now with cooler heads and more on-topic comments.

I suggest we pickup where we left off on Americans attitudes toward their use of their guns. Is my suggestion of not allowing human silouette targets on civilian ranges, worth considering?

Also possible would be banning anyone wearing camo costumes on private civilian ranges. It would only need an interpretation of rights to consider dressing up with an intention of inciting violence, is not necessary and is harmful to others who are only interested in peaceful use of their guns.
people who hunt wear camouflage too

and FYI since most crimes don't occur in the woods camouflage doesn't make it easier to commit a crime

Let's get something straight. The 2nd amendment is very specific where it prevents the Federals from passing such laws. The Rtwinggunnutters go off so much that that's over looked. It's the States responsibility. As District Court Judge Young said, "If you don't like the way your state's laws are, move".
wrong again,,, unless youre saying that states can change other amendments like the 5th and jail or execute people without trial or due process
You shouldnt bother with Daryl, he doesnt know the difference between Australia and Austria....

Or his ass.

What's your beef with pistol-grips?

That's a point that should be acknowledged. Yes, I do have a beef with pistol grips but it relates to 'attitudes' being a major problem and nobody wants to accept that yet.

Would you like to know my opinion on how pistol grips relate to 'attitudes'? The could hear my opinion on the colour 'black' for guns too at the same time! Even some plastics.

That's a point that should be acknowledged. Yes, I do have a beef with pistol grips but it relates to 'attitudes' being a major problem and nobody wants to accept that yet.

Would you like to know my opinion on how pistol grips relate to 'attitudes'? The could hear my opinion on the colour 'black' for guns too at the same time! Even some plastics.
we accept we dont care what a canadian thinks about our attitudes,,

Pistol grips? Really? Again....attitudes aren't the issue....letting repeat, violent gun offenders out of jail and prison is the issue......fatherless homes creating those criminals in the first place is also the issue...

Guns in the hands of normal people? Not so much.

No. Normal gun owners are not the problem. The policies of the democrat party that demonize the police, and release violent, repeat gun offenders over and over again cause 95% of our gun crime.......why don't you focus on that instead of the gun owners who don't use their guns for crime?
The failure of America to take a positioin of rehabilitation of jailed offenders is another big part of America's many problems. That relates to guns indirectly but probably not directly enough for this topic. We already have a dozen side topics cluttering up the real question.

Also connecting some guns to 'attitudes' is matt black finish on military type weapons, and especiall AR type weapons that are 'pink' for the girls.
The female sex are having the 'attitudes' of killing and war impressed on them to an abnormal amount.

I used to own a Colt Sporter AR15. Like most owners, the only thing I ever fired it at were paper targets. AR15s are nice guns to fire, they are reasonably accurate, have low recoil and don't suffer from reliability problems.

Still, they are a compromise for the intended use you've mentioned.
I won't tell you why that is true because you should know already.

If anybody wants a technical discussion on guns, I'll be happy to do so on a thread that suits the topic.
if you knew anything about guns you would know that an AR 15 is not an especially powerful rifle and that what idiots call an "assault rifle" is nothing but semiautomatic rifle no different than any other semiautomatic rifle and that civilians have had access to semiautomatic rifles for over 100 years.
When I had my AR15, I had a friend who had a Ruger Mini 14. They shot the same round, operated exactly the same way and I even had some magazines that were interchangeable between the two rifles. However, the anti-gunners called my AR 15 an "assault rifle" but called my friend's Mini 14 a hunting rifle. That's the level of stupidity that exists in the anti-gun community. Their lives are run by perceptions fueled by rhetoric rather than facts.

RE: Palestinian Talks, lectures, & interviews.
⁜→ AZrailwhale, et al,

BLUF: These are working weapons and not sport rifles

I used to own a Colt Sporter AR15. Like most owners, the only thing I ever fired it at were paper targets. AR15s are nice guns to fire, they are reasonably accurate, have low recoil and don't suffer from reliability problems.

(COMMENT)

The Contemporary AR-15
(Semi-Auto) and M-16 (Auto) are not sport rifles. And if they were used as hunting rifles, for most people it would be a very poor choice of a weapon.

Similarly, the M-4
(Contemporary) and the original XM-177 (Vietnam War vintage) are nothing more than combat modified M-16s with various different stocks and a 10" barrel. When I was in Da Nang I had several friends with XM-177s over at TF1 FTAG FTAE and MACV. The M-4/M-177 are easier to maneuver in the Jeep/HMMWV or a Slike/Black Hawk/Chinooks and even in C-130s. But they are used for attriting hostiles → the OPFOR.

Each of these weapons was primarily designed and or modified with one purpose in mind: "people hunting." They are plastic and aluminum death machines (PADMs) used to seek out and engage animals that fire back.
(Not dear or rabbits.) You can rationalize it all you want. But at the end of the day, you are just trying to justify the weapon for civilian use. Can you have some fun with them? Yeah, I suppose you can.

Just my thoughts,
(one man's opinion,)

SIGIL PAIR.png

Most Respectfully,
R
You're entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to demand that I either respect it or adopt it.

If anybody wants a technical discussion on guns, I'll be happy to do so on a thread that suits the topic.
if you knew anything about guns you would know that an AR 15 is not an especially powerful rifle and that what idiots call an "assault rifle" is nothing but semiautomatic rifle no different than any other semiautomatic rifle and that civilians have had access to semiautomatic rifles for over 100 years.
When I had my AR15, I had a friend who had a Ruger Mini 14. They shot the same round, operated exactly the same way and I even had some magazines that were interchangeable between the two rifles. However, the anti-gunners called my AR 15 an "assault rifle" but called my friend's Mini 14 a hunting rifle. That's the level of stupidity that exists in the anti-gun community. Their lives are run by perceptions fueled by rhetoric rather than facts.
I can only suggest that the Mini 14's are owned by most because of the same 'attitude' problem, but to a slightly lesser extent.
Those who own Mini 14's are most likely also using human silouette targets and that's very telling of 'attitudes'.

You already blew it.

AR-15 mags 20 Round
hexmag_s2_15rd_bk_conf.jpg

Mini-14 Mag 20 Round
lipseys6975009_1.jpg

I guess you might be able to interchange them if you use a big enough hammer and want to end up with a wall hanger.
\

Indeed. Ours is the “attitude” that got us freedom and independence, while the Canadians' “attitude” kept them under the oppressive thumb of the British filth for generations afterward.

You don't know much about Canada or it's history.

Indeed. Ours is the “attitude” that got us freedom and independence, while the Canadians' “attitude” kept them under the oppressive thumb of the British filth for generations afterward.
lets not forget they are currently under the thumb of the communist chinese military that they allowed in their country,,

New Topics

Forum List

Back