CDZ Gun laws

Should concealed carry, castle doctrine, and stand your ground, be nationwide?

• 1. Yes

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • 2. No

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • 3. Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
All the criminals with guns were lawabiding gun owners before they used their guns to become criminals.
That's a fact.

But much more interesting is the number of lawabiding gun owners who are threatening violence with their guns.

How many will be hiding their guns in their pockets or on their children when they go to the Biden inauguration?

That's the big question that keeps the police and the military wondering how much force it will take to put down lawabiding citizens who are about to become criminals with guns?

I think a big part of the threat can be covered with helicopter gunships in the air over the festivities.
Just in case either the extreme right or left attempt to take Washington.
Criminals were criminals before the got guns. They likely started out using their fists, then graduated to knives and clubs before finally being able to obtain guns.

you don't seem to understand that a minuscule percentage of crimes and / or murders are committed with rifles of any kind.

You morons fixate on a rifle instead of on the actual causes of crime.

Nobody has suggested that this discussion shouldn't be about handguns too. In fact it's my opinion that is more important than discussion on various rifles or assault weapons.

All the criminals with guns were lawabiding gun owners before they used their guns to become criminals.
That's a fact.

But much more interesting is the number of lawabiding gun owners who are threatening violence with their guns.

How many will be hiding their guns in their pockets or on their children when they go to the Biden inauguration?

That's the big question that keeps the police and the military wondering how much force it will take to put down lawabiding citizens who are about to become criminals with guns?

I think a big part of the threat can be covered with helicopter gunships in the air over the festivities.
Just in case either the extreme right or left attempt to take Washington.
So your solution to a demonstration turning violent is to use automatic weapons, grenade launchers and rockets on a crowd. How many innocent bystanders and protestors are you willing to sacrifice to kill a few or a few hundred violent rioters? You are worse than the Chinese Government that used tanks for crowd control at Tiananmen Square.

Criminals were criminals before the got guns. They likely started out using their fists, then graduated to knives and clubs before finally being able to obtain guns.

"Being able" to get guns is a key point. There's hardly anything stopping a person from getting a gun, be they criminals with a record or not.

I'm not trying to emphasize any kind of approach to taking away anybody's guns, I've tried to put the emphasis on changing attitudes. You would have to read my comments to understand.

I asked you a legitimate question. Short of disarming the whole country, what do propose?

Disarming the entire country is obviously impossible and so I took it as a silly question that didn't deserve an answer.

My proposal is: Changing attitudes in America so that extremists wouldn't be so preoccupied with using their guns for killing people. And that's not a simple task.
But accepting that something needs to be done is perhaps the first step!

Even something as simple as ranges supplying their own targets that don't include human silouette targets would be a very big step forward on changing attitudes. (maybe charging 10 cents each)

Can you think of any other small first steps?

What is the pleasure of owning and using an AR type assault weapon if your local range doesn't allow human silouette targets?
you do realize that most people who own AR type rifles will never shoot a person don't you?

And I don't own an AR 15 but i don't care who does because unlike you I know that less than 2% of murders are committed with rifles of any kind.
I used to own a Colt Sporter AR15. Like most owners, the only thing I ever fired it at were paper targets. AR15s are nice guns to fire, they are reasonably accurate, have low recoil and don't suffer from reliability problems.

you do realize that most people who own AR type rifles will never shoot a person don't you?

And I don't own an AR 15 but i don't care who does because unlike you I know that less than 2% of murders are committed with rifles of any kind.

Good point! Yes, I do realize that most won't shoot a person, regardless of what weapons they own. But some will and the 'SOME' have become too many.

Safety is one of the paramters considered that made America 15th. on quality of life.
Politicians are needing to hide behind bullet proof glass!

When a minuscule portion of the population starts to become "too many" then the only resort is more control of the people.

In this country I have a 99.997% chance of not being murdered by a person with a gun.

How much closer to 100% do you have to have?

So your solution to a demonstration turning violent is to use automatic weapons, grenade launchers and rockets on a crowd. How many innocent bystanders and protestors are you willing to sacrifice to kill a few or a few hundred violent rioters? You are worse than the Chinese Government that used tanks for crowd control at Tiananmen Square.

There's little doubt that the current situation surrounding your Capitol is so dangerous as to need 25,000 armed troops there for the duration of the inauguration ceremonies.
and--
PERHAPS ON A PERMANENT BASIS!

That's worth at least suggesting, even though it deviates a little from the topic.

Another solution could be helicopter gunships in the air over the Capitol permanently.
or
Heavy caliber machine guns placed 50 feet apart on the roofs of the Capital.

Good point! Yes, I do realize that most won't shoot a person, regardless of what weapons they own. But some will and the 'SOME' have become too many.

Safety is one of the paramters considered that made America 15th. on quality of life.
Politicians are needing to hide behind bullet proof glass!
The "some" you are referring to are mostly career criminals who people with your opinions refuse to lock up. Upwards of ninety percent of shootings in the USA are done by people with long criminal records. Most of the remaining ones are accidents or suicides. The number of intentional homicides by previously law abiding citizens is vanishingly small.

our attitudes are just fine so why don't you mind your own business?

NO! You're displaying the attitude that I've referred to as troublesome.

I have no tolerance for crime or violence of any kind but unlike you I know that guns cause neither violence nor crime.

You might like the idea of having your freedoms taken from you because 1 person in 10 million will commit a crime.

I, like most Americans will not stand for that.

I asked you a legitimate question. Short of disarming the whole country, what do propose?

Disarming the entire country is obviously impossible and so I took it as a silly question that didn't deserve an answer.

My proposal is: Changing attitudes in America so that extremists wouldn't be so preoccupied with using their guns for killing people. And that's not a simple task.
But accepting that something needs to be done is perhaps the first step!

Even something as simple as ranges supplying their own targets that don't include human silouette targets would be a very big step forward on changing attitudes. (maybe charging 10 cents each)

Can you think of any other small first steps?

What is the pleasure of owning and using an AR type assault weapon if your local range doesn't allow human silouette targets?

I used to own a Colt Sporter AR15. Like most owners, the only thing I ever fired it at were paper targets. AR15s are nice guns to fire, they are reasonably accurate, have low recoil and don't suffer from reliability problems.

Exactly so taking away all the Ar 15 rifles won't do a thing to lower either the crime or the murder rate

you don't seem to understand that a minuscule percentage of crimes and / or murders are committed with rifles of any kind.

You morons fixate on a rifle instead of on the actual causes of crime.

Nobody has suggested that this discussion shouldn't be about handguns too. In fact it's my opinion that is more important than discussion on various rifles or assault weapons.
Handguns don't cause crime either.

Still, they are a compromise for the intended use you've mentioned.
I won't tell you why that is true because you should know already.

If anybody wants a technical discussion on guns, I'll be happy to do so on a thread that suits the topic.

Still, they are a compromise for the intended use you've mentioned.
I won't tell you why that is true because you should know already.

If anybody wants a technical discussion on guns, I'll be happy to do so on a thread that suits the topic.
if you knew anything about guns you would know that an AR 15 is not an especially powerful rifle and that what idiots call an "assault rifle" is nothing but semiautomatic rifle no different than any other semiautomatic rifle and that civilians have had access to semiautomatic rifles for over 100 years.

Exactly so taking away all the Ar 15 rifles won't do a thing to lower either the crime or the murder rate

You seem to have a need to persist on suggesting that the issue is one of taking guns away from people. Even after I've made it perfectly clear to you that I am suggesting an attitude change in America. Are you completely dense?

I think this thread can't accomplish anything worthwhile until there's a cooling off period imposed. And without my participation that will happen.

later.

You seem to have a need to persist on suggesting that the issue is one of taking guns away from people. Even after I've made it perfectly clear to you that I am suggesting an attitude change in America. Are you completely dense?

I think this thread can't accomplish anything worthwhile until there's a cooling off period imposed. And without my participation that will happen.

later.
thank god!!

later.

We don't need foreigners to tell us what our attitudes need to be.

If there are no witnesses, you can claim that the other person started it and was about to attack you when you shot them. I know someone that got away with doing just that. Dead men tell no tales.

It may not be happening everyday. That was conjecture on my part.

If you want to hear a Canadian's interpretation of 'Stand Your Ground' laws, I would suggest it's just another term for 'legalized murder' of your fellow Americans.
that took a lot of stupid to say,,

stand your ground just means you dont have to run and hide while someone rapes your wife and steals your stuff,,
That is the castle doctrine.

New Topics

Forum List

Back