Gun experts: Is there a gun that fires bullets that incapacitate but do not kill?

Is there a gun that fires bullets that incapacitate but do not kill?

Short answer is "NO". Tasers and bean bag rounds have been around since the '70's and are about as close as it gets. Incapacitation inself can kill through falls. People very greatly as do situations. No perfect solution.

I thought I read somewhere that there are guns that fire special rounds that are very large and powerful that can knock down and/or stun a large person without killing the person. Is there such a weapon and if so, why don't Cops have that weapon?
Rubber bullets but I don't know where to buy them.

Do the google....
I'm not the police.

You dont need to be a cop to buy rubber bullets.
You can buy lethal ammo online what makes you think the average citizen cant buy rubber bullets?

Years ago I recall Tazer made a 12Ga round that was supposed to latch on tight and keep a perp down with electrical pulses, but it was $100 or more per round and training with them was not practical so they eventually went away.

Years ago I recall Tazer made a 12Ga round that was supposed to latch on tight and keep a perp down with electrical pulses, but it was $100 or more per round and training with them was not practical so they eventually went away.

Don't tase me bro.

I thought I read somewhere that there are guns that fire special rounds that are very large and powerful that can knock down and/or stun a large person without killing the person. Is there such a weapon and if so, why don't Cops have that weapon?

No.

Live lead bullets work just fine—in an anti-human maniac capacity. Any human being in the active midst of stabbing another human being should be shot dead, dead, dead. Don't want to die by cop? Then do not attempt murder in the presence of the police.

There is no such thing as a less-than-lethal weapon, as we keep hearing on the news, as an alternative to a gun. There are less-lethal, but not less-than-lethal. A tazer on someone with heart issues might be lethal. A rubber bullet in the temple might be lethal. Tear gas on a person with asthma or a specific allergy might be lethal.

People very greatly as do situations. No perfect solution.
I'm not looking for a perfect solution. Just a better non-lethal option than a Taser which has a very poor track record of effectiveness.
Why do you think they are so prevalent?

Because they are the most effective. If you think better should exist, invent it. The cops alone will make you a millionaire.

Because you can shoot 9mm rounds into me and if I’m on PCP I’ve still got a chance I’m going to get you. 22 rounds and I won’t feel a thing.

Last edited:
Cops should carry real guns with real bullets and that's all they should carry. If they carry less-than-lethal defenses one might think they can survive attacking a cop. Attacking a cop should have one outcome: Dead attacker.

There is no such thing as a less-than-lethal weapon, as we keep hearing on the news, as an alternative to a gun. There are less-lethal, but not less-than-lethal. A tazer on someone with heart issues might be lethal. A rubber bullet in the temple might be lethal. Tear gas on a person with asthma or a specific allergy might be lethal.
Again I am not looking for PERFECT. I am looking for BETTER. I think we can equip Cops with a BETTER non-lethal weapon than a Taser. BETTER is a pretty low bar considering all the problems with Tasers.

Because you can shoot 9mm rounds into me and if I’m on PCP I’ve still got a chance I’m going to get you. 22 rounds and I won’t feel a thing.
I may be misremembering, but I thought the weapon I read about shot a large diameter round that hit with a lot of force but didn't penetrate.
Which means it’s not stopping the junkie who just broke into your house to rape and murder your kids.

Again I am not looking for PERFECT. I am looking for BETTER. I think we can equip Cops with a BETTER non-lethal weapon than a Taser. BETTER is a pretty low bar considering all the problems with Tasers.
I already told you, your dream of a non-lethal weapon that would stop someone doesn't exist. There are less-lethal weapons available but no non-lethal weapons.

There is only one answer that will reduce deaths by police: don't fight with the police. If people learn that fighting with the police yields dead attackers more often than not then people will stop fighting with the police. The expectation of surviving a fight with the police only leads to more dead citizens and more dead police.

When the police say, "Stop!", then stop. When they say, "Drop it!", then drop it. When they say, "Down on the ground!", then get down on the ground. Live to be a witness in court rather than a poster sized photo on a tripod in the courtroom.

Right or wrong, take your fight to the courts. I'll stand at your funeral and yell at the top of my lungs that it was your constitutional right to resist arrest, even with deadly force, if that arrest is unconstitutional, but you won't know I did it.

Death by Bean Bag:

Death by Rubber Bullet:

Death by Tear Gas:

I may be misremembering, but I thought the weapon I read about shot a large diameter round that hit with a lot of force but didn't penetrate.
Ya, that is a bean bag usually fired from a shotgun. They use those too.

I already told you, your dream of a non-lethal weapon that would stop someone doesn't exist. There are less-lethal weapons available but no non-lethal weapons.

There is only one answer that will reduce deaths by police: don't fight with the police. If people learn that fighting with the police yields dead attackers more often than not then people will stop fighting with the police. The expectation of surviving a fight with the police only leads to more dead citizens and more dead police.

When the police say, "Stop!", then stop. When they say, "Drop it!", then drop it. When they say, "Down on the ground!", then get down on the ground. Live to be a witness in court rather than a poster sized photo on a tripod in the courtroom.

Right or wrong, take your fight to the courts. I'll stand at your funeral and yell at the top of my lungs that it was your constitutional right to resist arrest, even with deadly force, if that arrest is unconstitutional, but you won't know I did it.

Death by Bean Bag:

Death by Rubber Bullet:

Death by Tear Gas:
If as you say there is nothing better than what we currently have, then that sounds like a great opportunity for a better design for a non lethal weapon. Technology is always improving I see no reason to just accept what we have as the best we can do. When have we ever done that? I'm a pragmatist, let's just try to improve a terrible situation. Our country is becoming more divided everyday over this insanity.

If as you say there is nothing better than what we currently have, then that sounds like a great opportunity for a better design for a non lethal weapon. Technology is always improving I see no reason to just accept what we have as the best we can do. When have we ever done that? I'm a pragmatist, let's just try to improve a terrible situation. Our country is becoming more divided everyday over this insanity.

The division in our country today has absolutely nothing at all to do with police and guns. There is no weapon that you could build that would change or reduce or eliminate the division in our country.

The division is made up from lies by the racist left and the racist press designed to divide us. If it weren't the deaths of black and brown hoodlums at the hands of the police then it would be something else. The division of Americans by race and other groupings is necessary to the plans of the Communists intending to destroy our nation so they can replace it with one they think they want more.

Forum List

Back