Gun control working in Mexico…..tourists in high end resorts getting shot by cartels.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Mexico has great gun control…..they only have one gun store….it is on a military base and you have to be rich and politically connected to buy a gun…from the very limited selection the government allows you to buy….

So…of course, the drug cartels and other criminals are armed with all the guns they can buy from central and South America, China, Europe and also form the U.S. military via the corrupt Mexican military…

Now, the drug cartel shooters are shooting at each other in the once protected, high end resort areas…where rich and famous Americans and Europeans vacation…..

Gun control working……..

Here’s a Daily Beast story via Yahoo News:

Two foreign female tourists were caught in a crossfire between rival crime groups and shot to death last Thursday in the high-end resort town of Tulum, Mexico. Three other people were also wounded when the firefight broke out in the popular restaurant, La Malquerida, not far from the beach. Of the two women who were killed, one was from Germany and the other India.

“They were just in the wrong place at the wrong time, and got caught in an exchange of gunfire between competing drug traffickers,” said a high-ranking Mexican police commander, who agreed to speak with The Daily Beast on the condition of anonymity.

“It’s a sad mistake for the victims, but such cases are not rare or unusual anymore [in and around Tulum]. When a firefight breaks out no one is safe,” the commander said.

A playground for celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Tulum is famous for its Mayan-era ruins and pristine beaches. But Tulum and the rest of the Riviera Maya are increasingly becoming inundated by cartel violence. An American firefighter was kidnapped and murdered from an all-inclusive resort in July. In June, another American was wounded in a shooting that killed two other people when gunmen opened fire from jet skis. A man was executed outside a law office in Cancun this August, prompting additional headlines about how violence “continues to take over” in the region.

Wait, what?! "Tulum" and "high end resort" are two words and phrases I never thought I'd see in the same sentence. I've been there twice, although I was "based" in Cancun. Never saw anything I'd describe as "high end." Must have developed in the last few years.

Anyway. I see 2aguy has turned his attention to Mexico, peddling his fear pills. Difficult to see if the entire population was armed to the teeth, they could have stopped this shooting. More likely in the fear, adrenalin rush, noise and confusion, all these heavily armed "good guys" would probably have shot each other, while the bad guys slipped away.

Wait, what?! "Tulum" and "high end resort" are two words and phrases I never thought I'd see in the same sentence. I've been there twice, although I was "based" in Cancun. Never saw anything I'd describe as "high end." Must have developed in the last few years.

Anyway. I see 2aguy has turned his attention to Mexico, peddling his fear pills. Difficult to see if the entire population was armed to the teeth, they could have stopped this shooting. More likely in the fear, adrenalin rush, noise and confusion, all these heavily armed "good guys" would probably have shot each other, while the bad guys slipped away.

Yes, Tulum has changed a lot in the last 5-10 years. Lots of high end small resorts, condos, restaurants, etc. They also have violence problem now that didn't exist even in the recent past. It's sad, because it's an amazingly beautiful place.

1641590335218.png

Mexico has great gun control…..they only have one gun store….it is on a military base and you have to be rich and politically connected to buy a gun…from the very limited selection the government allows you to buy….

So…of course, the drug cartels and other criminals are armed with all the guns they can buy from central and South America, China, Europe and also form the U.S. military via the corrupt Mexican military…

Now, the drug cartel shooters are shooting at each other in the once protected, high end resort areas…where rich and famous Americans and Europeans vacation…..

Gun control working……..

Here’s a Daily Beast story via Yahoo News:

Two foreign female tourists were caught in a crossfire between rival crime groups and shot to death last Thursday in the high-end resort town of Tulum, Mexico. Three other people were also wounded when the firefight broke out in the popular restaurant, La Malquerida, not far from the beach. Of the two women who were killed, one was from Germany and the other India.

“They were just in the wrong place at the wrong time, and got caught in an exchange of gunfire between competing drug traffickers,” said a high-ranking Mexican police commander, who agreed to speak with The Daily Beast on the condition of anonymity.

“It’s a sad mistake for the victims, but such cases are not rare or unusual anymore [in and around Tulum]. When a firefight breaks out no one is safe,” the commander said.

A playground for celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Tulum is famous for its Mayan-era ruins and pristine beaches. But Tulum and the rest of the Riviera Maya are increasingly becoming inundated by cartel violence. An American firefighter was kidnapped and murdered from an all-inclusive resort in July. In June, another American was wounded in a shooting that killed two other people when gunmen opened fire from jet skis. A man was executed outside a law office in Cancun this August, prompting additional headlines about how violence “continues to take over” in the region.

Hahaha...it just occurred to me that the cartels have developed their own sub-economy based on gun sale demand right under the federales Noses....once again proving that while capitalism is ugly...it is also inevitable.

Forum List

Back