Gulf Coast residents fleeing the hurricane.................

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Wow.................not only are they saying that there can be up to a 15 ft. storm surge, but the police have even told residents who stay that if they call 911, there won't be anyone to answer their call. One of the hurricanes has gone down to a tropical storm, but will still be sending energy to the other hurricane. This is something that hasn't happened for a very long time, having 2 storms hit at almost the same time.

Personally? I think this needs more news attention than the current infighting in politics right now. There are going to be lots of homes and businesses destroyed, with a lot of people displaced.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
You know, considering that there is a potential for a huge amount of damage to the Gulf Coast, there would be more people on this board talking about it. But, apparently, it's more important and interesting to bitch about how the various political factions are fighting each other, and loss of life and property doesn't matter much (except for when it comes to the riots and burning of buildings). Natural causes? Eh, not so much.

Wow.................not only are they saying that there can be up to a 15 ft. storm surge, but the police have even told residents who stay that if they call 911, there won't be anyone to answer their call. One of the hurricanes has gone down to a tropical storm, but will still be sending energy to the other hurricane. This is something that hasn't happened for a very long time, having 2 storms hit at almost the same time.

Personally? I think this needs more news attention than the current infighting in politics right now. There are going to be lots of homes and businesses destroyed, with a lot of people displaced.
Gulf Coast is a beautiful place to live and I love visiting, but it is not without annual peril and potential destruction.

Did'nt that area just get hit with a hurricane the last 200 years straight???

Maybe St Trumpy can do a better job with this than He did with the Covid Hoax.

You know, considering that there is a potential for a huge amount of damage to the Gulf Coast, there would be more people on this board talking about it. But, apparently, it's more important and interesting to bitch about how the various political factions are fighting each other, and loss of life and property doesn't matter much (except for when it comes to the riots and burning of buildings). Natural causes? Eh, not so much.
All those affected by storms keep getting hit. Over and over. Some day all who live on coastlines will have this problem. I have tsunami warning signs near my house and I live on what is called a flood plain. It's not if, but when.

You know, you'd think that for those people on the coast who keep getting hit by hurricanes, they would figure out a way to build a house that is capable of standing up to most of them. I'm thinking that if they built them to be water tight and in a dome kind of structure, they would have a lot better chance of surviving a hurricane than the current way they build them.

Maybe St Trumpy can do a better job with this than He did with the Covid Hoax.
098hnar6vdj51.jpg

You know, you'd think that for those people on the coast who keep getting hit by hurricanes, they would figure out a way to build a house that is capable of standing up to most of them. I'm thinking that if they built them to be water tight and in a dome kind of structure, they would have a lot better chance of surviving a hurricane than the current way they build them.
127 million live near the coastline in the US.
40% of the world's population live next to coastlines.
Building the same way over and over.

127 million live near the coastline in the US.
40% of the world's population live next to coastlines.
Building the same way over and over.

One would think that eventually they would learn and try to structure their houses to be able to survive the environment.

Why are taxpayer dollars being used to evacuate people and put them in shelters? This reeks of democratic election manipulation. They know that most of these poor people who cannot afford cars or get a hotel or temporary apartment are likely to vote democrat. The corrupt democrats are purposefully saving these people's lives just so they can have their democrat party vote. How is this even legal? Do we need any more proof how awful democrats are and the lengths they will go through to steal this election election from trump? This is pure corruption. Of course these democrats have no problem being used by the democrats because they are all corrupt with no sense of right and wrong.

Forum List

Back