Guiliani setting up an exploratory committee

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Looks like he is running. Of the moderate Republicans, he is one of the few I could actually consider backing.

He's ok I suppose, loses points for someone as rich as he is taking $80,000 to speak at a tsunami aid event though.

So far, he's the one I'd vote for. I have nothing against Romney, just don't know anything about him other than he's gov. of a blue state and he did just fine with the crazy Olympic budget problems.

McCain is just to explosive in temperment for me. Gingrich has too much baggage, I'd love to see him as a honcho though in RNC.

Guiliani covers what I care about-taxes and WOT. Sure he's to the left socially, but I think that can be addressed down the road.

Anyway, there is still at least another year for other people to throw their hat in, so I don't think there is much point in focussing on this yet.

However that doesn't stop the 24/hr news cycle from trying to fill air time...

I agree. its to early to make any real decisions, like I said i could vote for him and not feel really sad about it. I wouldnt be holding my nose. However, I dont want a moderate Republican. I want a conservative. We need a conservative leader now.

I like Romney, but im still not sure about him. Although ive thrown his name out on some message board and the liberals hate the idea. so what liberals hate cant be that bad:p

With Newt, i really like his positions, he is overqualified for the position. But the baggage is an issue. But if you think about it there isnt one conservative candidate that wont have baggage. Even Guiliani has baggage.

And im sure there are some other Republicans who will run. id like to see who they are before I start jumping behind anyone.

Guiliani won't fly in the western half of the U.S. Besides, can't really see someone jumping from being just a two-term mayor to President of the U.S.

Forum List

Back