Guess who has the burden of proof!

I’m just disappointed in the people who buy what they’re selling.
What are they selling? Also, what is it the Democrats are selling?
The hope of eternal life. We all know psychics pray on sad people who are gullible and want to believe that through this person they are talking to their loveone who has passed. Why do we know this is a con but we dont know this about religion?

Everyone who’s not a Mormon or Muslim knows those religions are man made up right? So why don’t jews and Christians believe their religions could also be made up?

You all have a truce. None of you will call each other out or they’ll call you out. You’d be calling yourself out.

Religion is worthless. For example, what percent of Christians voted for biden? A lot.

Im selling truth, science, going green, live and let live, don’t let the rich take over our country And make them pay their fair share like pre Reagan era, healthcare and education for all, infrastructure, police reform and cut military spending. And get out or the Middle East. Go after illegal employers.

The hope of eternal life. We all know psychics pray on sad people who are gullible and want to believe that through this person they are talking to their loveone who has passed. Why do we know this is a con but we dont know this about religion?

Everyone who’s not a Mormon or Muslim knows those religions are man made up right? So why don’t jews and Christians believe their religions could also be made up?

You all have a truce. None of you will call each other out or they’ll call you out. You’d be calling yourself out.

Religion is worthless. For example, what percent of Christians voted for biden? A lot.
1. Hope=Expectation
2. Eternal=No beginning, no end

3. People of faith, while not agreeing with all things Mormon or Muslim, can see the Holy Spirit at work within many Mormons and Muslims.

4. Religion/faith is a way of living life, of making choices, striving for the ideal of goodness, love, and service.

But it is good to be humbled and told my life is worthless. ;)

Im selling truth, science, going green, live and let live, don’t let the rich take over our country And make them pay their fair share like pre Reagan era, healthcare and education for all, infrastructure, police reform and cut military spending. And get out or the Middle East. Go after illegal employers.
Sounds pretty authoritarian to me.

As for the rich...my take on that is dissolve every corporation. Partnerships are the limit. I also favor small towns over metropolitan areas.

Sounds pretty authoritarian to me.

As for the rich...my take on that is dissolve every corporation. Partnerships are the limit. I also favor small towns over metropolitan areas.
We all wish we could find good jobs in Mayberry

No need to go to extremes. However, I think there is a wish that we could grasp some of the good things of the past and bring them forward.

Leave it to Beaver is another good example. As a child, I didn't believe a word of it. Big brothers were nothing like Wally (I had one, so I knew that for a fact). And mothers didn't dress in their best clothes and pearls to stay at home to do housework.

Last year, my uncle and I were looking at all the changes of a once small town. He lived through the changes, noting it began with government, and something as small as leash laws and zoning. When he was a small boy, there were no fences between the neighbors; individuals operated small businesses right out of their homes: Hair styling, Kindergartens, nursing, tailoring and sewing, Fix-it shops--ordinary things people need. The kids roamed through all these yards, and whichever adult caught any child doing something wrong, every adult soon knew of it. Not only did adults know the names of all the kids, they knew the names of all the dogs.

Then came the leash laws. Fences went up so that dogs had at least a small place to run, which ruined the neighborhood play areas. Zoning laws. Businesses had to move downtown. Since kids no longer had a place to play together, or parents to monitor them, here came day care centers (in the proper zone, of course). Like Mayberry, there had been a sheriff who did not carry a gun. Everyone knew there was trouble brewing somewhere when he was seen carrying a plate of cookies. (He kept the peace with his wife's cookies.) When he retired he was replaced with someone who was willing to carry a gun.

Nostalgia. And bias. I have hated, even loathed corporations for decades, when they started buying up independent news medias. I insisted this would not turn out well, but my insistence didn't stop both newspapers and the TV station from selling to corporations....the money was so good. Too good.

No need to go to extremes. However, I think there is a wish that we could grasp some of the good things of the past and bring them forward.

Leave it to Beaver is another good example. As a child, I didn't believe a word of it. Big brothers were nothing like Wally (I had one, so I knew that for a fact). And mothers didn't dress in their best clothes and pearls to stay at home to do housework.

Last year, my uncle and I were looking at all the changes of a once small town. He lived through the changes, noting it began with government, and something as small as leash laws and zoning. When he was a small boy, there were no fences between the neighbors; individuals operated small businesses right out of their homes: Hair styling, Kindergartens, nursing, tailoring and sewing, Fix-it shops--ordinary things people need. The kids roamed through all these yards, and whichever adult caught any child doing something wrong, every adult soon knew of it. Not only did adults know the names of all the kids, they knew the names of all the dogs.

Then came the leash laws. Fences went up so that dogs had at least a small place to run, which ruined the neighborhood play areas. Zoning laws. Businesses had to move downtown. Since kids no longer had a place to play together, or parents to monitor them, here came day care centers (in the proper zone, of course). Like Mayberry, there had been a sheriff who did not carry a gun. Everyone knew there was trouble brewing somewhere when he was seen carrying a plate of cookies. (He kept the peace with his wife's cookies.) When he retired he was replaced with someone who was willing to carry a gun.

Nostalgia. And bias. I have hated, even loathed corporations for decades, when they started buying up independent news medias. I insisted this would not turn out well, but my insistence didn't stop both newspapers and the TV station from selling to corporations....the money was so good. Too good.
We were so lucky growing up. Our subdivision was surrounded by woods, ponds, rivers, streams, corn fields, big oak forests, trails for dirt bike riding. But we were 10 minutes from one of the biggest malls in Michigan and 20 minutes from Detroit.

Heaven.

We were so lucky growing up. Our subdivision was surrounded by woods, ponds, rivers, streams, corn fields, big oak forests, trails for dirt bike riding. But we were 10 minutes from one of the biggest malls in Michigan and 20 minutes from Detroit.

Heaven.
I can imagine! It's great you had all of that. Hope you still have a bit of that where you live now.

Heaven.
I can imagine! It's great you had all of that. Hope you still have a bit of that where you live now.
Now I live ten minutes away on a lake. My dad still lives in my childhood home. It’s nice but now surrounded by other subdivisions not woods. Not the same. Kids don’t go out and play Like we did.

So my brother got 65 acres up north Michigan. He wants his kids to have what we had. We hunt it, ride quad, fish the little river in the back. Make bonfires. Only 3.5 hours away.

Now I live ten minutes away on a lake. My dad still lives in my childhood home. It’s nice but now surrounded by other subdivisions not woods. Not the same. Kids don’t go out and play Like we did.

So my brother got 65 acres up north Michigan. He wants his kids to have what we had. We hunt it, ride quad, fish the little river in the back. Make bonfires. Only 3.5 hours away.
I hope, the majority of the time, your nieces/nephews opt for that over computer entertainment. That will make memories they never forget.

I hope, the majority of the time, your nieces/nephews opt for that over computer entertainment. That will make memories they never forget.
They are so disappointed when I don’t come up. I make late bonfires. I stay up late. I make them laugh. The parents are inside paranoid a bear is going to eat their kids.

I think when I don’t go they spend more time on their phones.

Funny one time we went up and us boys spent all weekend outside but my niece and her girlfriend stayed in a room doing god knows what little girls do. They don’t like bugs. Lol

They are so disappointed when I don’t come up. I make late bonfires. I stay up late. I make them laugh. The parents are inside paranoid a bear is going to eat their kids.

I think when I don’t go they spend more time on their phones.

Funny one time we went up and us boys spent all weekend outside but my niece and her girlfriend stayed in a room doing god knows what little girls do. They don’t like bugs. Lol
Grin. Are the girls old enough for a horse and a good camera? Supplied with these, it is hard to get some girls back inside! (Especially when they might be able to take a snap of a bear.)

Forum List

Back