Guatemala’s government is asking the US to let 700,000 Guatemalan migrants stay in the US (AMNESTY!) because of massive flooding that has killed 150

Are there actually 700,000 people from Guatemala who do not have documents to be here?

Well, I am certain that neither the outgoing nor the incoming President will actually deport most of them.

If they got into this country illegally because of our lax enforcement of immigration laws, then I feel it is rather cruel to make them return to Guatemala after they have gotten a taste of what it is to live in a country that provides decent housing, education, and medical care. I think that some countries do follow such a policy: If you successfully sneaked into our country because of our ineptness in keeping you out, then you get to stay.

Are there actually 700,000 people from Guatemala who do not have documents to be here?

Well, I am certain that neither the outgoing nor the incoming President will actually deport most of them.

If they got into this country illegally because of our lax enforcement of immigration laws, then I feel it is rather cruel to make them return to Guatemala after they have gotten a taste of what it is to live in a country that provides decent housing, education, and medical care. I think that some countries do follow such a policy: If you successfully sneaked into our country because of our ineptness in keeping you out, then you get to stay.
They can go home an work to turn their own country into one that "provides decent housing, education, and medical care".

Forum List

Back