CDZ Growing trend?

initforme

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2011
Is the following a growing trend? In our church we received a new member about a month ago. He is a single white male age 29. He has been working in the local paper mill sinceage 23...he holds a college degree and has been moving up in the company. We went golfing together and I got to know him. He makes a good salary and has no bills as he lives at home with his mom...dad has passed. He stated he only pays a little for food..drives his dad's truck for nothing other than gas and plans to take over his parents house someday. He has dated some but feels as if saving his money is more important than settling down with a family so he said he is done dating and hopes more and more young people follow his lead especially those with good incomes. He feels this is a trend and views it as a good thing. He plans to retire in his lower 50s with plenty of money. I know of only 2 others like this. Is this a good trend?

Is the following a growing trend? In our church we received a new member about a month ago. He is a single white male age 29. He has been working in the local paper mill sinceage 23...he holds a college degree and has been moving up in the company. We went golfing together and I got to know him. He makes a good salary and has no bills as he lives at home with his mom...dad has passed. He stated he only pays a little for food..drives his dad's truck for nothing other than gas and plans to take over his parents house someday. He has dated some but feels as if saving his money is more important than settling down with a family so he said he is done dating and hopes more and more young people follow his lead especially those with good incomes. He feels this is a trend and views it as a good thing. He plans to retire in his lower 50s with plenty of money. I know of only 2 others like this. Is this a good trend?
/----/ You worry about the strangest things............

No.
He sets more store on wealth than happiness. There is something a bit "not right" about him.

Not worried just seeing if you agree that slot less married young working people is a good thing for the nation? Perhaps a big decrease in the birthrate could be a good thing?

Americans putting off marriage has been a trend for some time now. Especially since many women have sought careers for themselves. It's when they hit their 30s, and the biological clock starts ticking, that they actively seek a mate.

Marriage Rate Declines and Marriage Age Rises
According to census data cited in the report, barely half of adults ages 18 and older are married— 51% in 2010, compared with 72% in 1960. This decline is especially notable for young adults: 20% of 18- to 29-year-olds were married in 2010, compared with 59% in 1960.

Associated with this trend is that the age at which men and women marry for the first time continues to rise to record levels. In 2011, the median age at first marriage is an estimated 28.7 for men and 26.5 for women. That means half of men don’t marry until at least about age 29, and half of women don’t marry until at least about age 27. In 1960, the median age at first marriage for both men and women was in the early 20s

New census data show more Americans are tying the knot, but mostly it’s the college-educated
FT_14.02.06_Newlyweds_Education-2.png

FT_14.02.06_Newlyweds_Age-1.png

I don't think it's a trend as much as the fact that young people don't feel pressure to conform to any particular way of life. They are much more independent thinkers

No.
He sets more store on wealth than happiness. There is something a bit "not right" about him.
1) You aren't happy and he is. Perhaps you should reflect upon that concept.

2) It's not our place to dictate to others what they should believe or think, much less what makes them happy.

No.
I'd have to disagree.

When I got married I was financially secure.

One of the biggest failures in marriage is financial insecurity.

I applaud him for wanting to start a family when he is financially secure.

He sounds cheap and selfish to me

I have no problem with him living at home or not driving an expensive car

But you have to have a life. Go out, do things, meet people....build some memories
Avoiding relationships also leads to an empty life

If he is looking to wait until he is fifty to start living and having fun he is wasting half his life

No.
I'd have to disagree.

But you cant regulate your feelings without screwing yourself up. When you meet "the one" thats it. All the well thought out plans you had go out the window. Its not healthy to live like this.....................or, he is deluding himself and when he does meet someone he will join the rest of us in unstructured bliss.

No.
I'd have to disagree.

But you cant regulate your feelings without screwing yourself up. When you meet "the one" thats it. All the well thought out plans you had go out the window. Its not healthy to live like this.....................or, he is deluding himself and when he does meet someone he will join the rest of us in unstructured bliss.
The Air Force regulated my feelings without screwing me up.

The one I met was someone I knew for years and understood my well thought out plans.

I was preoccupied with building a life where I wasn't going to raise children while I was still raising myself and have to worry about the security of another individual until I was secure in my life.

I've never been happier.

I've seen too many families breaking up and their children being the victims of parents who were in no way capable nor compatible to raise children.

I can tell with 100% certainty that if I married the woman who was my fiance at 19, we'd be divorced. I waited until I was financially more secure before marriage and kids and couldn't be happier.

But you have to have a life. Go out, do things, meet people....build some memories

If he is looking to wait until he is fifty to start living and having fun he is wasting half his life
Another reason why Hillary lost the election; to get rid of people who want to dictate to others "what is best for them".

Dude, his family and both their and his choice. God Bless America!

It can be like, soo difficult to find nice girls for free. Women usually just lie to us and let us miss our turn, for free, when don't have any money.

Although it's rare, some people actually do think about their futures when they are young. Lol. I think he seems very smart to wait until he has his shit together before getting involved in a relationship, having children, etc. Kudos to him and his will power and self control. Or maybe he's just a dork who can't get any and that is an excuse? :dunno: Seen that plenty O times as well.

Another reason why Hillary lost the election; to get rid of people who want to dictate to others "what is best for them".

WTF?

What do you think the purpose of this thread is?

It can be like, soo difficult to find nice girls for free. Women usually just lie to us and let us miss our turn, for free, when don't have any money.
It does seem to define which model you get to drive..But getting married can always wait until you're ready to not have any fun anymore..

Last edited:

WTF?

What do you think the purpose of this thread is?
Slamming elitist Democrats. ;)

Forum List

Back