Grover Norquist 'paralyzing Congress,' House Republican says

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Grover Norquist 'paralyzing Congress,' House Republican says - latimes.com

A House Republican tore into powerful anti-tax crusader Grover Norquist on Tuesday, blasting Norquist’s no-tax pledge for “paralyzing Congress” and listing off what he labeled “unsavory” associations.

Norquist’s group, Americans for Tax Reform, asks all candidates for office to promise not to raise taxes. In remarks on the House floor, Virginia Rep. Frank Wolf blamed Norquist’s pledge for preventing an open conversation about how eliminating tax credits and deductions could help reduce the deficit.

“Have we really reached a point where one person’s demand for ideological purity is paralyzing Congress to the point that even a discussion of tax reform is viewed as breaking a no-tax pledge?” Wolf said.

I am SO proud of him (and the other five who have not signed).

She likes finding weirdos behind republican curtains. It's the Koch Bros..... No, it is Cantor...... no it is Grover Norquist!!!!

As time goes by she is making Terrall look well balanced and coherent.

He's a disgusting git.

“Everything is going to be renegotiated with a GOP Senate and GOP House and, maybe, a Republican in the White House,” he said.

"Everything is going to be renegotiated with a Democratic Senate and Democratic House and, maybe, a Democrat in the White House."

But, this version isn't disgusting, right? Huh? Huh? Huh?

;)

Who elected Grover to our government?

We obviously have the best government that money can buy.
but keep blaming the poor folks it is what those in power want you to do.

Last edited:
Grover Norquist 'paralyzing Congress,' House Republican says - latimes.com

A House Republican tore into powerful anti-tax crusader Grover Norquist on Tuesday, blasting Norquist’s no-tax pledge for “paralyzing Congress” and listing off what he labeled “unsavory” associations.

Norquist’s group, Americans for Tax Reform, asks all candidates for office to promise not to raise taxes. In remarks on the House floor, Virginia Rep. Frank Wolf blamed Norquist’s pledge for preventing an open conversation about how eliminating tax credits and deductions could help reduce the deficit.

“Have we really reached a point where one person’s demand for ideological purity is paralyzing Congress to the point that even a discussion of tax reform is viewed as breaking a no-tax pledge?” Wolf said.

I am SO proud of him (and the other five who have not signed).

Surprised the loons haven't labeled these people as RINOs yet.

She likes finding weirdos behind republican curtains. It's the Koch Bros..... No, it is Cantor...... no it is Grover Norquist!!!!

As time goes by she is making Terrall look well balanced and coherent.

This from the party that has turned Obama - the meek, ineffectual centrist with Dole/Romney's Health Care plan - into Stalin.

Grover Norquist? Is that the "drown the government in bath tub" guy?

I like that guy.

Forum List

Back