Zone1 Group plans to put Christian schools inside Ohio churches and allow kids to attend with public money

I've never even needed to pee at the polls, but I assume the county pays them to have the polling places there whether or not they need to whiz.
A reporter for our newspaper did some calling around after the 2008 election. Half the area churches were paid by the government for use of their facilities and half were not. He checked in response to my question on this very thing as it relates to separation of church and state.

I know. They're demanding free atheist education on the national dime and not just for themselves, but for all. These Christians in Ohio are just doing it for those who want it.
Not free, they pay taxes. You’re trying to violate the establishment clause by suggesting Christian education is somehow exempt from the Constitutionally-mandated separation of church and state.

Not free, they pay taxes. You’re trying to violate the establishment clause by suggesting Christian education is somehow exempt from the Constitutionally-mandated separation of church and state.
So don't Christians pay taxes also? Why should they have to pay for education twice?

So don't Christians pay taxes also? Why should they have to pay for education twice?
My parents did. They were constantly told the Government paying, even for books, was unconstitutional and they accepted it. Think about it, though. Many are up in arms about the incompetence of government schools, do you want them teaching religion, too?

I will 100% support vouchers for any type of private school once we have a no-tuition undergraduate public colleges and universities system too. People can be on their own to take care of room and board or attend private universities or grad schools, but if we can set up free K-16 then I am okay with filling in the other voids.

I will 100% support vouchers for any type of private school once we have a no-tuition undergraduate public colleges and universities system too. People can be on their own to take care of room and board or attend private universities or grad schools, but if we can set up free K-16 then I am okay with filling in the other voids.
Why should people with no children pay at all?

I just hope you're still happy when your tax dollars go toward madrassas in mosques.
Why should I be forced to pay for failed schools, bloated Teacher's union demands and a filthy destructive woke curriculum?

Why shouldn't I be able to get that money back when my children are in school to spend on their education as I want?

Don't you Moon Bats believe in Choice or does that not apply to eduction but to killing the children as a method of birth control?

Why should people with no children pay at all?

Because that is how the system has been forever. I have some property out of state that I pay over an extra 1% in school add ons beyond just the normal tax rate when I have no kids in school in that state. The combined property tax bill comes to 2.12% IIRC. It is broken down on the bill as state tax, county tax, schools current, schools excess (which I assume is a recapture from previous year budget shortage), School bonds, and some TIFF fee that is government payola to private developers. The state and county taxes combined are less than any of the other line items individually. I can sell the property or pay the taxes. Just how it be.

Why should I be forced to pay for failed schools, bloated Teacher's union demands and a filthy destructive woke curriculum?

Why shouldn't I be able to get that money back when my children are in school to spend on their education as I want?

Don't you Moon Bats believe in Choice or does that not apply to eduction but to killing the children as a method of birth control?
Catholics have been paying for their own schools for generations, but now we have a generation of Protestant evangelicals that believe they deserve religious educstion free or paid by check out of our taxes. WTF!!!

Catholics have been paying for their own schools for generations, but now we have a generation of Protestant evangelicals that believe they deserve religious educstion free or paid by check out of our taxes. WTF!!!
People who live in Blue cities pay taxes for police and the mayors don’t allow the police to do their job.

As long as it's conservative Christian aka authentic Christian, that would probably work. None of the leftwing denominations that call themselves Christian.
If pressed, I would take the Catholic Church.
So no Quakers? What about Christian Scientists, 7th Day Adventists, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, or Branch Davidians? Who will decide which churches are 'authentic Christian'?

That's right. These leftwingers seem to have no problem with government elections being held in churches, using their electricity and water, trashing the restrooms, causing more janitorial work.
You have it backwards, the churches have no problem with government elections being held there. I suspect they are handsomely compensated.

Why stop there? If I don't own a car should I have to pay for roads? If I don't live in a rural area why should I pay to have electrical wires for them? If I'm a pacifist why should I pay for a huge military?

I am confused. How is this different than any other church based private school. What am I missing?

My wife is a retired Lutheran school teacher. The Lutherans have had a "Protestant" school system in the US for over 150 years. The school where my wife taught and we sent our children always performed substantially better than the public schools in the district.

It cost a significant amount to send a child to that school. Mostly solid Middle Class or the more well to do could afford the tuition although church members got a break.

Without a voucher system poor families who wanted a good education for their children could not afford to send their child to the excellent school. They were stuck with low performing public schools.

Why do you Liberals hate the poor so much?

Forum List

Back