Grid scale storage, the answer to an all renewable grid

I live in a barn made to store raw farm lumber. Built in 1910. Converted into a house in 1933 (during the Great Depression). Newspaper, chicken feathers, and who-knows-what for insulation. I re-insulated it as much as I reasonably could (not easy or cheap) when I moved in long ago. Not everyone has a "developer" to blame, let alone a house of their own to begin with. Thus the grid.

Wow, you really don't grasp the concept of "goes w/o saying" do you. Forget it. Enjoy arguing with yourself here.. I'm done.
Well, I work in construction and build properties. Building regs is to U values. So no arguments here, just knowledge of insulation.

If you knew what a passive house was, you would build one -

Again...how many Americans would be interested in this story? A fraction of 1% of the population? Maybe?

America is not Portland....in fact, 95% likely could not even find Portland on a US map. And people out there known to gravitate to weirdness and fringe thinking.

So this is another dud topic

As you know, I already have a house. I only need one. But that's me. Perhaps others though.. with unlimited funds!

Big fan of passive solar here. Shirley you know what that is..

Do you have a Copy of the Hawkweed Passive Solar House book?

Book Link

I have one I bought in May 1983 which has photos of real homes, plans, city data and more.

I happen to live right there in the region under discussion, that is why I Know what he said was wrong. The land isn't being farmed BECAUSE there isn't sufficient available water for agriculture.

Again you don't seem aware that you can't just pump from the main water source in the region, the Columbia river which is under state water use rules making that nearly impossible which INCLUDES spring run off.

It is a very dry region, a near full desert, Precipitation around 6-8" a year nearly zero in the three growing summer months of June-August.

I am a Independent, never a Republican, besides what I said to C. American has nothing to do with Conservative politics anyway.

Why do you think you're against thorium reactors?

Well we know he doesn't give a fuck about the environment.

Loves California....EV capitol of the world that STILL has no plan for lithium waste.

These people are all fake environmentalist communists....crash the system at any cost to attain Leviathan. Mega energy costs for all citizens sure gets the job done.

Well we know he doesn't give a fuck about the environment.

Loves California....EV capitol of the world that STILL has no plan for lithium waste.

These people are all fake environmentalist communists....crash the system at any cost to attain Leviathan. Mega energy costs for all citizens sure gets the job done.
Exactly!

Crush US economy; Make China Great Again

Forum List

Back