Grey matter vs your eternal soul

would that be all encompassing, sorry and whatever - anyone w/ a "brain" could not misunderstand the difference between the desert religions and the "religion" (physiology) of antiquity in reference to a beings origin and their metaphysical future.
You mean "all that intentionally vague, manipulative, and divisive philosophical pablum from where you dwell" as I mentioned previously? Yeah, whatever.

How about trying "could understand" rather than "could not misunderstand" just once for kicks and giggles, snookums?

would that be all encompassing, sorry and whatever - anyone w/ a "brain" could not misunderstand the difference between the desert religions and the "religion" (physiology) of antiquity in reference to a beings origin and their metaphysical future.
You mean "all that intentionally vague, manipulative, and divisive philosophical pablum from where you dwell" as I mentioned previously? Yeah, whatever.

How about trying "could understand" rather than "could not misunderstand" just once for kicks and giggles, snookums?

having reviewed the list of comments, it is obvious who are misleading and who has valid points ...
Grey matter vs your eternal soul
what the o p fails to recognize in its very tile, grey matter is present in only half the living beings on planet Earth and therefore can not have a relevancy for the spiritual content that is a necessary component for sustaining physical life and is, gray matter, therefore irrelevant / distinct from spirituality.

There is absolutely no evidence that can withstand scientific scrutiny that a soul exists or that your mind somehow extends beyond your body.

This hallowed "science" you hold sacred above all else is not the only source of evidence.
As atheists scream and cry incessantly, "Science has a self-correcting mechanism," as if that were something profound which ONLY applies to the scientific method.
In fact, it is neither. Every living cell in every plant and every animal, however simple, has a "self-correcting mechanism."

"A very great deal more truth can become known than can be proven." ...
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feinman, quantum physicist

See also:
The New Evidence That Demands a Verdict by Josh McDowell

There is absolutely no evidence that can withstand scientific scrutiny that a soul exists or that your mind somehow extends beyond your body.

This hallowed "science" you hold sacred above all else is not the only source of evidence.
As atheists scream and cry incessantly, "Science has a self-correcting mechanism," as if that were something profound which ONLY applies to the scientific method.
In fact, it is neither. Every living cell in every plant and every animal, however simple, has a "self-correcting mechanism."

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feinman, quantum physicist

See also:

What they miss is that, while science tells us what we can do, it is religion that tells us what we should do.

See also:

What they miss is that, while science tells us what we can do, it is religion that tells us what we should do.
- who relies on being told their beliefs will never be religious.

See also:

OK post this evidence that the mind exists outside the body

See also:

Religion is a construct of the human mind.

Attorneys are experts in rules of evidence.

"I say unequivocally that the evidence for the resurrection of Jesus Christ is so overwhelming that it compels acceptance by proof which leaves absolutely no room for doubt!" - Sir Lionel Luckhoo, listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the most successful attorney in history

Simon Greenleaf (1783-1853) was one of the founders of Harvard Law School. He authored the authoritative three-volume text, A Treatise on the Law of Evidence (1842), which is still considered "the greatest single authority on evidence in the entire literature of legal procedure." Greenleaf literally wrote the rules of evidence for the U.S. legal system. He was certainly a man who knew how to weigh the facts.

Greenleaf was an atheist until he accepted a challenge by his students to investigate the case for Christ's resurrection.

Simon Greenleaf Investigation

After personally collecting and examining the evidence based on rules of evidence that he helped establish, Greenleaf became a Christian and wrote the classic, Testimony of the Evangelists ... after thorough investigation of the resurrection, concluded...

"The resurrection of Christ is the most verifiable fact of ancient history" – Simon Greenleaf

Indeed, taking all the evidence together, it is not too much to say that there is no historic incident better or more variously supported than the resurrection of Christ. - Brooke Foss Westcott (1825 - 1901) regius professor at Cambridge … the Resurrection of Christ is a fact… - Benjamin Warfield of Princeton

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience. - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Many people don’t realize that science basically involves assumptions and faith. Wonderful things in both science and religion come from our efforts based on observations, thoughtful assumptions, faith and logic. (With the findings of modern physics, it) seems extremely unlikely (that the existence of life and humanity are ) just accidental.” – Charles Townes, Nobel Laureate and Professor of Physics at UC Berkeley

"The system of revealed truth which this Book [the Bible] contains is like that of the universe, concealed from common observation yet...the centuries have established its Divine origin." –Sir Isaac Newton

When I began my career as a cosmologist some twenty years ago, I was a convinced atheist. I never in my wildest dreams imagined that one day I would be writing a book purporting to show that the central claims of Judeo-Christian theology are in fact true, that these claims are straightforward deductions of the laws of physics as we now understand them. I have been forced into these conclusions by the inexorable logic of my own special branch of physics. (Frank Tipler, The Physics of Immortality, Doubleday, New York, 1994, Preface)

I cannot believe that our existence in this universe is a mere quirk of fate, an accident of history, an incidental blip in the great cosmic drama… Through conscious beings the universe has generated self-awareness. This can be no trivial detail, no minor by-product of mindless, purposeless forces. We are truly meant to be here. (Paul Davies, The Mind of God, Simon & Schuster, New York, 1992, p 232)

Life forms are more than simply multiple and diverse, however. Organisms fit remarkably well into the external world in which they live. They have morphologies, physiologies and behaviors that appear to have been carefully and artfully designed to enable each organism to appropriate the world around it for its own life. It was the marvelous fit of organisms to the environment, much more than the great diversity of forms, that was the chief evidence of a Supreme Designer. (Richard Lewontin, Scientific American, September 1978, p. 213)

For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries. - (Robert Jastrow, God and the Astronomers, W.W. Norton, New York, 1978, p. 116)

America is like a healthy body, and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within.” – Joseph Stalin

“In Hitler’s eyes Christianity was a religion fit only for slaves,” wrote Alan Bullock “Hitler, A Study in Tyranny,” a seminal biography. “Its teaching, he declared, was a rebellion against the natural law of selection by struggle of the fittest.”

Bullock, in describing Hitler as a “rationalist and materialist,” quotes him in a wartime conversation with aides as saying:

The dogma of Christianity gets worn away before the advances of science ... Gradually the myths crumble. All that is left to prove that nature there is no frontier between the organic and inorganic. When understanding of the universe has become widespread, when the majority of men know that the stars are not sources of light, but worlds, perhaps inhabited worlds like ours, then the Christian doctrine will be convicted of absurdity.

By 1942, Hitler vowed, according to Bullock, to “root out and destroy the influence of the Christian Churches,” describing them as “the evil that is gnawing our vitals.”

"The science to which I pinned my faith is bankrupt. Its counsels, which should have established the millennium, have led directly to the suicide of Europe. I believed them once. In their name I helped to destroy the faith of millions. And now they look at me and witness the great tragedy of an atheist who has lost his faith." - George Bernard Shaw (Too True to Be Good).

David Berlinski Lecture (2008)

There are only four great scientific theories:
1. Newtonian mechanics
2. Maxwell's electromagnetic field theory
3. Einstein's theory of relativity
4. Quantum mechanics

We have been assaulted with the view that science has a voice all its own. Science doesn't have a coherent body of theoretical principles that are uniform throughout the sciences, and it doesn't have a method beyond any method that anyone would use in the pursuit of golf, for example. All you get is a series of trivialities.

Science has no distinctive methods.

Harvard University was named for its donor, the Reverend John Harvard.

Harvard’s “Rules and Precepts” adopted in 1646 included the following essentials: “Every one shall consider the main end of his life and studies to know God and Jesus Christ which is eternal life. Seeing the Lord giveth wisdom, every one shall seriously by prayer in secret seek wisdom of Him. Every one shall so exercise himself in reading the Scriptures twice a day that they be ready to give an account of their proficiency therein, both in theoretical observations of languages and logic, and in practical and spiritual truths….”

Harvard's Charter, dated May 31, 1650, signed by the governor of Massachusetts:
Whereas, through the good hand of God, many well devoted persons have been, and daily are moved, and stirred up, to give and bestow, sundry gifts, legacies, lands, and revenues for the advancement of all good literature, arts, and sciences in Harvard College, in Cambridge in the County of Middlesex, and to the maintenance of the President and Fellows, and for all accommodations of buildings, and all other necessary provisions, that may conduce to the education of the English and Indian youth of this country, in knowledge and godliness: It is therefore ordered, and enacted by this Court, and the authority thereof, that for the furthering of so good a work and for the purposes aforesaid, from henceforth that the said College, in Cambridge in Middlesex, in New England, shall be a Corporation,.....

The motto of Oxford University in England is "The Lord is my light."

I’m not an atheist, and I don’t think I can call myself a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the books but doesn’t know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God.”
Albert Einstein, as cited in Antony Flew’s book, There Is A God: How the World’s Most Notorious Atheist Changed His Mind.

Atheists are at the bottom of retention rates. Why would that be given their claims of "rationality" and "intellectualism"?

1601487881263.png

1601488079217.png

"I say unequivocally that the evidence for the resurrection of Jesus Christ is so overwhelming that it compels acceptance by proof which leaves absolutely no room for doubt!" - Sir Lionel Luckhoo, listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the most successful attorney in history

Simon Greenleaf (1783-1853) was one of the founders of Harvard Law School. He authored the authoritative three-volume text, A Treatise on the Law of Evidence (1842), which is still considered "the greatest single authority on evidence in the entire literature of legal procedure." Greenleaf literally wrote the rules of evidence for the U.S. legal system. He was certainly a man who knew how to weigh the facts.

Greenleaf was an atheist until he accepted a challenge by his students to investigate the case for Christ's resurrection.

After personally collecting and examining the evidence based on rules of evidence that he helped establish, Greenleaf became a Christian and wrote the classic, Testimony of the Evangelists ... after thorough investigation of the resurrection, concluded...

"The resurrection of Christ is the most verifiable fact of ancient history" – Simon Greenleaf

Indeed, taking all the evidence together, it is not too much to say that there is no historic incident better or more variously supported than the resurrection of Christ. - Brooke Foss Westcott (1825 - 1901) regius professor at Cambridge … the Resurrection of Christ is a fact… - Benjamin Warfield of Princeton

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience. - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Many people don’t realize that science basically involves assumptions and faith. Wonderful things in both science and religion come from our efforts based on observations, thoughtful assumptions, faith and logic. (With the findings of modern physics, it) seems extremely unlikely (that the existence of life and humanity are ) just accidental.” – Charles Townes, Nobel Laureate and Professor of Physics at UC Berkeley

"The system of revealed truth which this Book [the Bible] contains is like that of the universe, concealed from common observation yet...the centuries have established its Divine origin." –Sir Isaac Newton

When I began my career as a cosmologist some twenty years ago, I was a convinced atheist. I never in my wildest dreams imagined that one day I would be writing a book purporting to show that the central claims of Judeo-Christian theology are in fact true, that these claims are straightforward deductions of the laws of physics as we now understand them. I have been forced into these conclusions by the inexorable logic of my own special branch of physics. (Frank Tipler, The Physics of Immortality, Doubleday, New York, 1994, Preface)

I cannot believe that our existence in this universe is a mere quirk of fate, an accident of history, an incidental blip in the great cosmic drama… Through conscious beings the universe has generated self-awareness. This can be no trivial detail, no minor by-product of mindless, purposeless forces. We are truly meant to be here. (Paul Davies, The Mind of God, Simon & Schuster, New York, 1992, p 232)

Life forms are more than simply multiple and diverse, however. Organisms fit remarkably well into the external world in which they live. They have morphologies, physiologies and behaviors that appear to have been carefully and artfully designed to enable each organism to appropriate the world around it for its own life. It was the marvelous fit of organisms to the environment, much more than the great diversity of forms, that was the chief evidence of a Supreme Designer. (Richard Lewontin, Scientific American, September 1978, p. 213)

For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries. - (Robert Jastrow, God and the Astronomers, W.W. Norton, New York, 1978, p. 116)

America is like a healthy body, and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within.” – Joseph Stalin

“In Hitler’s eyes Christianity was a religion fit only for slaves,” wrote Alan Bullock “Hitler, A Study in Tyranny,” a seminal biography. “Its teaching, he declared, was a rebellion against the natural law of selection by struggle of the fittest.”

Bullock, in describing Hitler as a “rationalist and materialist,” quotes him in a wartime conversation with aides as saying:

The dogma of Christianity gets worn away before the advances of science ... Gradually the myths crumble. All that is left to prove that nature there is no frontier between the organic and inorganic. When understanding of the universe has become widespread, when the majority of men know that the stars are not sources of light, but worlds, perhaps inhabited worlds like ours, then the Christian doctrine will be convicted of absurdity.

By 1942, Hitler vowed, according to Bullock, to “root out and destroy the influence of the Christian Churches,” describing them as “the evil that is gnawing our vitals.”

"The science to which I pinned my faith is bankrupt. Its counsels, which should have established the millennium, have led directly to the suicide of Europe. I believed them once. In their name I helped to destroy the faith of millions. And now they look at me and witness the great tragedy of an atheist who has lost his faith." - George Bernard Shaw (Too True to Be Good).

1. Newtonian mechanics
4. Quantum mechanics

We have been assaulted with the view that science has a voice all its own. Science doesn't have a coherent body of theoretical principles that are uniform throughout the sciences, and it doesn't have a method beyond any method that anyone would use in the pursuit of golf, for example. All you get is a series of trivialities.

Harvard’s “Rules and Precepts” adopted in 1646 included the following essentials: “Every one shall consider the main end of his life and studies to know God and Jesus Christ which is eternal life. Seeing the Lord giveth wisdom, every one shall seriously by prayer in secret seek wisdom of Him. Every one shall so exercise himself in reading the Scriptures twice a day that they be ready to give an account of their proficiency therein, both in theoretical observations of languages and logic, and in practical and spiritual truths….”

Whereas, through the good hand of God, many well devoted persons have been, and daily are moved, and stirred up, to give and bestow, sundry gifts, legacies, lands, and revenues for the advancement of all good literature, arts, and sciences in Harvard College, in Cambridge in the County of Middlesex, and to the maintenance of the President and Fellows, and for all accommodations of buildings, and all other necessary provisions, that may conduce to the education of the English and Indian youth of this country, in knowledge and godliness: It is therefore ordered, and enacted by this Court, and the authority thereof, that for the furthering of so good a work and for the purposes aforesaid, from henceforth that the said College, in Cambridge in Middlesex, in New England, shall be a Corporation,.....

I’m not an atheist, and I don’t think I can call myself a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the books but doesn’t know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God.”
Albert Einstein, as cited in Antony Flew’s book, There Is A God: How the World’s Most Notorious Atheist Changed His Mind.

Atheists are at the bottom of retention rates. Why would that be given their claims of "rationality" and "intellectualism"?

View attachment 395105

View attachment 395106
so you think the opinion of a lawyer is evidence that the mind somehow exists beyond the body?

I do not.

And I never once mentioned the belief in any gods in my posts.

I asked a simple question and you resort to religious mysticism to answer it.

Show me the evidence, not opinion or conjecture , that the mind exists beyond the body.

Give me the details of the experiments that proved that evidence so the methods can be tested.

1. Newtonian mechanics
4. Quantum mechanics

View attachment 395105

View attachment 395106
"I say unequivocally that the evidence for the resurrection of Jesus Christ is so overwhelming that it compels acceptance by proof which leaves absolutely no room for doubt!" - Sir Lionel Luckhoo
their long winded post no doubt to hide the fact not one shred of evidence is offered for what they are claiming - the resurrection of their religious itinerant they did nothing in support to prevent in their tragic loss of life. then use the event for their own personal benefit.

no more worthy than their claim of etched tablets from the Almighty, a list of 10 commandments they are unable to display - because they lost them but miraculously know their text.

1. Newtonian mechanics
4. Quantum mechanics

View attachment 395105

View attachment 395106

I like that Stalin quote.

Two books pertinent to the subject....

It would hardly be a stretch to describe the Soviet Communists as satanic, and the Democrat Party of today stands for the very same things that the Communist Party did.

In the article from the Huff Post, the Democrat describes her love of Satanism…..but it’s really nothing new:
"The Death Of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Pushed Me To Join The Satanic Temple

1601320578531.png

And

1601320608056.png

1. Newtonian mechanics
4. Quantum mechanics

View attachment 395105

View attachment 395106
so you think the opinion of a lawyer is evidence that the mind somehow exists beyond the body?

I do not.

Show me the evidence, not opinion or conjecture , that the mind exists beyond the body.

Give me the details of the experiments that proved that evidence so the methods can be tested.

You requested evidence. When I offered abundant evidence, you summarily rejected it in a terribly ignorant and jejune manner. You are a waste of time and contribute nothing to discussion. My Ignore List just grew by you.
"Go from the presence of a foolish man." - The Holy Bible

ciao brutto

1. Newtonian mechanics
4. Quantum mechanics

View attachment 395105

View attachment 395106

I like that Stalin quote.

Two books pertinent to the subject....

It would hardly be a stretch to describe the Soviet Communists as satanic, and the Democrat Party of today stands for the very same things that the Communist Party did.

In the article from the Huff Post, the Democrat describes her love of Satanism…..but it’s really nothing new:
"The Death Of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Pushed Me To Join The Satanic Temple

1601320578531.png

And

1601320608056.png

Saul Alinsky dedicated his book, Rules for Radicals, to satan.
Hillary adored Saul. Antifa and Leftists follow him today.

1. Newtonian mechanics
4. Quantum mechanics

View attachment 395105

View attachment 395106

I do not.

You requested evidence. When I offered abundant evidence, you summarily rejected it in a terribly ignorant and jejune manner. You are a waste of time and contribute nothing to discussion. My Ignore List just grew by you.
"Go from the presence of a foolish man." - The Holy Bible

ciao brutto
you didn't give me evidence you gave me quotes from people who said they believed in some god.

And I never mentioned any gods. The article the OP cites said the mind exists beyond the body.

All I want is actual scientific proof to support that claim.

You didn't provide that

Forum List

Back