Grey matter vs your eternal soul

The consensus in Neurology is that the mind is merely the brain. There's also manipulation (physical manipulation) of memory done in experiments which solidifies this hypothesis.
that's your consensus, a broken record you have made before that has been refuted -
View attachment 391278
flora has no neither a brain nor a central nervous system - why don't you address the issue or not join threads you have no business participating in.
Are you refuting something I just said about consensus, about memory being physically manipulated? Sorry, I can prove it...

are you refuting flora are living beings that preceded fauna and have a spiritual content inseparable from their metaphysical physiology that is not present in fauna.
I'm talking about how the mind is the physical brain. You're talking about evolutionary biology in plants. Leave me alone, I've seen your caterpillar to butterfly dopey shit before...it's wholly uninteresting to me.
I'm talking about how the mind is the physical brain. You're talking about evolutionary biology in plants. Leave me alone, I've seen your caterpillar to butterfly dopey shit before...it's wholly uninteresting to me.
cry us a river -

flora and evolutionary science refutes your belief the mind is the brain. the example has two distinct, dissimilar physical "brains" recreated in transition one from another.
View attachment 391296
the transformation from one physical being to another occurs when the physical properties of one is transformed into another being controlled by the spiritual content of the physiology that remains the same throughout the transformation.

physiology is a metaphysical substance that requires a spiritual content and are inseparable where either will disappear by the removal of one or the other.

time for you to run away and hide - gt.
Thats Great!

The bulk of the caterpillar’s pudgy mass is recycled into the adult features that are meshing together inside the tough shell of the chrysalis. The interior is, at this stage, mostly a nutrient soup, feeding the embryonic imaginal discs as they complete their delayed development.
in your case and nut's (grumble) nothing more would happen because you two do not have a spiritual content to finish the process and would either disappear or be a blob of physiology laying on the ground.

* have you an example of physiology as a lifeless blob laying on the ground.

The bulk of the caterpillar’s pudgy mass is recycled into the adult features that are meshing together inside the tough shell of the chrysalis. The interior is, at this stage, mostly a nutrient soup, feeding the embryonic imaginal discs as they complete their delayed development.
in your case and nut's (grumble) nothing more would happen because you two do not have a spiritual content to finish the process and would either disappear or be a blob of physiology laying on the ground.

You're asserting a Soul and there's no empirical evidence that supports it...just your ignorance of the gaps. You're merely taking a lack of understanding of a biological mechanism that I myself don't have, not being a biologist let-alone an evolutionary biologist which it takes a Bachelor's and Master's level study to become proficient in...and using it to your advantage to pass a trope.

I assumed there's a biological mechanism that explains metamorphosis...because I've never heard anyone using metamorphosis as a justification for the Soul's existence, and also never heard there's some unsolved mystery behind it(actually have a vague recollection of learning it in the Second Grade)...and it took me 3 seconds on google to find that the mechanism is pretty well understood from a mere biological standpoint. SHOCKER!~

Last edited:
Discussion
Drosophila imaginal discs have provided great insight into mechanisms of development. Their growth and differentiation from simple epithelial sheets, comprising a small number of cells, to complex 3D organs of thousands of cells, represents a model of many general developmental processes including growth, proliferation, differentiation, morphogenesis, programmed cell death, and epithelial reorganization.
The more we know the cleverer one must become to convincingly go But, but, what about blaa, blaa, and bleh, bleh? Surely science's inability to clearly explain every frickin last detail about this crap here simply must mean the supernatural is real!

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: GT

You're asserting a Soul and there's no empirical evidence that supports it...just your ignorance of the gaps. You're merely taking a lack of understanding of a biological mechanism that I myself don't have, not being a biologist let-alone an evolutionary biologist which it takes a Bachelor's and Master's level study to become proficient in...and using it to your advantage to pass a trope.

I assumed there's a biological mechanism that explains metamorphosis...because I've never heard anyone using metamorphosis as a justification for the Soul's existence, and also never heard there's some unsolved mystery behind it(actually have a vague recollection of learning it in the Second Grade)...and it took me 3 seconds on google to find that the mechanism is pretty well understood from a mere biological standpoint. SHOCKER!~
The more we know the cleverer one must become to convincingly go But, but, what about blaa, blaa,
that is in your mind, nuts - provided is a real life example of metaphysical properties you purposely ignore to suit your unfounded allegations.
1600704212744.png

both the physiology involved and the transformation occur exclusive of a central physical property.

both the physiology involved and the transformation occur exclusive of a central physical property.
Sure, given one is determined enough to ignore things like "the embryonic imaginal discs" both GT and I have plopped squarely on the counter.

• Funny
Reactions: GT
Sure, given one is determined enough to ignore things like "the embryonic imaginal discs" both GT and I have plopped squarely on the counter.
Drosophila imaginal discs have provided great insight into mechanisms of development. Their growth and differentiation from simple epithelial sheets, comprising a small number of cells, to complex 3D organs of thousands of cells, represents a model of many general developmental processes including growth, proliferation, differentiation, morphogenesis, programmed cell death, and epithelial reorganization.
no one but yourselves is ignoring anything - you have highlighted after the molten state the reformation of the new being - your argument for a cns is groundless as that does not exist during the transition and is reformulated during the morphemic process. -

as a metaphysical transformation.

The more science discovers and understands, the closer they get to God.
Your thoughts, feelings, memories, attention, what you experience in this subjective world is part of mind
And ^ is what you take with you when your clay disintegrates. You never cease to exist. You are an eternal being.
Did you read the article? That's not what it says.

The more science discovers and understands, the closer they get to God.
Your thoughts, feelings, memories, attention, what you experience in this subjective world is part of mind
And ^ is what you take with you when your clay disintegrates. You never cease to exist. You are an eternal being.

I didn't read anything about God in the article, unless I'm read the wrong article.
Also nothing about never ceasing to exist, nor eternity. Maybe you have to read (way) between the lines?

This an opinion piece.

There is absolutely no evidence that can withstand scientific scrutiny that a soul exists or that your mind somehow extends beyond your body.
That's not even really what it's saying. The article isn't positing anything supernatural. It's simply claiming that the mind isn't the same as the phsyical brain (in the same way software isn't the same thing as a computer), and, to the extent that our minds interact with other minds, they are interconnected. No magic here. No religion.

This an opinion piece.

There is absolutely no evidence that can withstand scientific scrutiny that a soul exists or that your mind somehow extends beyond your body.
That's not even really what it's saying. The article isn't positing anything supernatural. It's simply claiming that the mind isn't the same as the phsyical brain (in the same way software isn't the same thing as a computer), and, to the extent that our minds interact with other minds, they are interconnected. No magic here. No religion.
Everything is interconnected in one way or another.

your argument for a cns
Not my argument. Must be yours.
Most of us share a strong intuition that our own self is an irreducible whole, that there must be some place in our brains where our perceptions and thoughts all come together and where our future actions are decided. Yet this view is now known to be incorrect—different mental processes are mediated by different brain regions, and there is nothing to suggest the existence of any central controller.

Last edited:
your argument for a cns
Most of us share a strong intuition that our own self is an irreducible whole, that there must be some place in our brains where our perceptions and thoughts all come together and where our future actions are decided. Yet this view is now known to be incorrect—different mental processes are mediated by different brain regions, and there is nothing to suggest the existence of any central controller.
never has been - your buddy gt you've been supporting the brain fanatic.
1600733653965.png

you can see mine on the opening page.

Not his either which just leaves you. Playing your semantic games. GT's first post is correct in that a consensus exists. General agreement that is. Not overwhelming agreement as with climate scientists regarding AGW. Not even strong consensus. Just a consensus. Topical fact sharing. Get over it.
This?
how about Flora ...
1600626772600.png

not one has a cns - brain.
Yep, same old argument of straw.
the transformation from one physical being to another occurs when the physical properties of one is transformed into another being controlled by the spiritual content of the physiology that remains the same throughout the transformation.

physiology is a metaphysical substance that requires a spiritual content and are inseparable where either will disappear by the removal of one or the other.
Utter nonsense. Same being. Different stage or form. Immature to adult. Controlled by DNA (programming) far as anyone knows so far.

Not his either which just leaves you. Playing your semantic games. GT's first post is correct in that a consensus exists. General agreement that is. Not overwhelming agreement as with climate scientists regarding AGW. Not even strong consensus. Just a consensus. Topical fact sharing. Get over it.
This?
how about Flora ...
1600626772600.png

not one has a cns - brain.
Yep, same old argument of straw.

Utter nonsense. Same being. Different stage or form. Immature to adult. Controlled by DNA (programming) far as anyone knows so far.
Not his either which just leaves you.
GT's first post is correct
The consensus in Neurology is that the mind is merely the brain. There's also manipulation (physical manipulation) of memory done in experiments which solidifies this hypothesis.
it leaves you two where you belong - together in brain land.

flora has no brain and evolved before fauna ... and cohabits planet Earth at the present time.
1600739323471.png

no brain is no brain what in the statement do you not understand. is it not a physiological living being.

fauna during metamorphosis has "no brain".

nuts, fill in the blanks, or just grumble ...

flora has no brain and evolved before fauna
Are you sure about that?

Are you sure about that?
maybe not ... which came first - oxygen or the lung.
edit:
Animals came earlier. Sponges, which may seem and are very primitive as they lack organs, muscles and nerves are nevertheless multi-cellular true animals that reproduce sexually.
animals with no brain ...

Last edited:
it leaves you two where you belong - together in brain land.

flora has no brain and evolved before fauna
Okay, lady with brain on the brain. I concur with the following:
You're talking about evolutionary biology in plants. Leave me alone, I've seen your caterpillar to butterfly dopey shit before...it's wholly uninteresting to me.
Seriously.

If you take a dove with a cloth in its mouth and he goes back and forth on the top of a mountain until the mountain has been worn down to sea level, not one second of eternal time has lapsed.
If God wanted children, why would he make them to last less than a zeptosecond and then be gone?
He expects His children to sit at His table, not to disappear in a flash.
God is eternal. His angels are eternal. His children are eternal. We are without end...

New Topics

Forum List

Back