Greta Thunberg: Time Person of the Year

EFDB3C83-537B-4B73-98FC-F0EC28C5BFD2-1191001.jpg
How do you know that the others haven't complained?

I didn't see them addressing the UN or on the cover of Time.
No, you did not. I guess, in your little mind that means they never have complained. :71:

Ok, strange they would honor someone so ineffectual.

View attachment 294293
What enables you to measure effectiveness? By what metric? She's enhanced the conversation...and many in her generation are listening to her.
Hell...given the mass amount of hate and out-and-out lying directed at her by most here..she MUST be doing something right!

Congratz Greta--you have already made more of a mark in history at 16 than most of these geezers have made or will make in their entire life.
..a lot of people listened to hitler also....listening to her crap==WOW--that deserves Person of the Year?? hahahahhahahah

Hitler at least had concrete proposals. Greta makes a lot of noise without actually proposing anything.

Ok, strange they would honor someone so ineffectual.

View attachment 294293
What enables you to measure effectiveness? By what metric? She's enhanced the conversation...and many in her generation are listening to her.
Hell...given the mass amount of hate and out-and-out lying directed at her by most here..she MUST be doing something right!

Congratz Greta--you have already made more of a mark in history at 16 than most of these geezers have made or will make in their entire life.
..a lot of people listened to hitler also....listening to her crap==WOW--that deserves Person of the Year?? hahahahhahahah

Hitler at least had concrete proposals. Greta makes a lot of noise without actually proposing anything.

Greta is a kid, she isn't supposed to know anything.

Time magazine has named Greta Thunberg it's person of the year? Seriously? That sour faced little brat rehearses and delivers a speech her parents wrote and she's the most relevant person Time can find? How about Boyan Slat? At least he's doing something more tangible than faking outrage that could win an academy award. So much for good Journalism. Hey Greta The White Island Volcano in New Zealand just threw enough crap into the earths atmosphere to undo any headway made in eliminating green house gasses for the last three years. Lets see you control that climate change.
:FIREdevil:

What's sad is that at some point she will have to realize her moment already came and went. All the time magazine thing will be is a picture on her wall. Even now no one says her name unless they are cracking wise.

Time magazine has named Greta Thunberg it's person of the year? Seriously? That sour faced little brat rehearses and delivers a speech her parents wrote and she's the most relevant person Time can find? How about Boyan Slat? At least he's doing something more tangible than faking outrage that could win an academy award. So much for good Journalism. Hey Greta The White Island Volcano in New Zealand just threw enough crap into the earths atmosphere to undo any headway made in eliminating green house gasses for the last three years. Lets see you control that climate change.
Well, Time is SO biased towards Leftist policies and Democratic policy, it's just sickening. And of course the whole "climate change" crap is an invention of the Loony Leftists. Greta is an unfortunate tool used by those pushing the climate change lunacy. She'll be irrelevant in a few years.

Time and Newsweek were once the most highly respected magazines in print. But just like everything else the Liberals touch, they have turned to crap.

They've had a credibility problem for decades. A lot of their choices for person of the year have been controverial. And remember how they altered the front cover pic of oj simpson to make him more menacing? That was pure stupidity. Especially because the pics of nicole and ron were making him way more menacing than that front cover pic of him.

Ridiculous that a child is named person of the year.
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but how often has it happened before now? I don't see anything wrong with it going to someone younger. Sometimes those who are younger end up having more sense than an older person and when you believe that something wrong is being done, saying something is what a person is supposed to do because remaining silent only means that the wrong doing can and will continue.

Who knew disrespect for elders and truancy are criteria for an award?
When the elders are dead wrong....disrespect is the only sane response.
Amen to this. Anything else is only a form on enabling.

God bless you and the girl and our current leader always!!!

Holly
All she ever did was say "how dare you?" to a roomful of delegates which IMO was extremely disrespectful.

She is a child who basically had a temper tantrum in front of the UN
What would you rather have come from a person if anything controversial is going to happen with them at all? Something like what she is now known for or something more along the lines of what takes place everywhere else on this sick and twisted planet?

Washington DC, PA, and New York on 9/11
Washington DC one year after 9/11 (Sniper City it may has well have been labeled)
Vegas (country music concert)
Sandy Hook (school shooting)
Blacks Burg, VA (college shooting)
Columbine (school shooting)
El Paso, TX (Wal-Mart)
Dayton, OH
Aurora CO (movie theater)
Park Land FL (school shooting)
California (The Borderline Club)
Sutherland Springs, TX (church shooting)
Charleston SC (another church shooting)
Orlando FL (the other club shooting)
Roanoke VA (a news station of all places, WDBJ that is)

And of course the list just goes on.

God bless you and everyone who has lost someone to another person in one way or another always!!!

Holly
For one I never compared Greta Von spoiled brat to Sandy Hook or any other time people tragically lost their lives to senseless violence.

That you think I did says more about your mental instability than anything else
I was only going by how you chose to present your opinion. Paint a better picture if you want a better caption for it.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Me? I am just happy to have a caption period for whatever I put out there.

How appropriate. Time liked hitler too.
They "liked" Hitler? Like the GOP did, I guess.

Actually it was roosevelt, you know the Dem president who liked and admired both he and mussolini. Dems seem to have a love affair with dictators. They certainly try and act like them.
Nope, it was the Republicans. All the way up to Pearl Harbor and Hitler declaring war on us. There's a lovely book, anthology of all the Republican speeches in Congress gushing over Hitler and Mussolini....."The Illustrious Dunderheads".

Nope, it was the progressives. Are you that historically ignorant, or are you just stupid?

Lol a mentally abused child with mental illness parroting pseudo bullshit...
But I guess its better than mass murders like stalin and hitler. Or tyrants like FDR. Or gay Kenyans like obama.
This award has been a joke for a century.
Dude..Asberger's is NOT mental illness. At least, not in the way you portray it. But hey..hater's gotta hate...I get it.

I love to watch the hate generated by conservatives towards a young lady who only wants to protect the environment

You love to watch hate ?

I love to watch the hate generated by conservatives towards a young lady who only wants to protect the environment
Bullshit- she's told what she wants- her handlers use her as a tool- her handlers want godvernments to FORCE others to conform to their religion- the use of FORCE is immoral. Period. Giving a tool an award is akin to being a tool- ALL conflict begins when one FORCES another- the intent is immaterial- as is said, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions"- the unintended consequences far outweigh the alleged salvation-
You people, for some reason, believe only godvernment taxing something or making something illegal is the *cure-all* for all the ills known to man- when in fact, it's "man" adapting to whatever is the salvation of man and stupid fucking tools along with talking heads and politicians are the exact opposite- you stifle innovation with laws and bullshit- free enterprise and free markets will figure out the adapting- NOT idiots trying to FORCE their theology on others-
Absolutely

She does demand that governments stop pandering to big oil and do more to combat climate change. She does not take no for an answer

That is why she is Person of the Year

The people who own 'big oil' are the same people behind the scam. Open your eyes and look at the origin of the whole thing. Here you go:

Nope, it was the progressives
100% backwards and wrong.The Nazis decried Roosevelt and his "Bolshevik-Jew" leadership, including the Nazis on American soil. The counter protestors they assaulted were progressives and Jews (progressives also). The conservatives latched onto the anti-Semitic propaganda train, adopting their memes to assault the progressives and the New Deal.. This "New World Order" horseshit you love so much? Yeah, as it turns out, you fools have been saying the same shit for a long time. Back then, you would have been the guy screaming about the Jew world order, and screaming it in the face of actual progressives trying to tell you that you were buying into utter nonsense... just like you experience today.

Yet both India & China have far fewer emissions per capita than the US.

China & India are developing countries.

Let us not forget that the carbon content is where it is due to decades of emissions from the industrial nations.
Making excuses for the massive polluters of the world, playing the "per capita" and "developing countries" game. Those 2 countries account for over 80% of the solid waste that is floating in the oceans and entering the food chain. Keep making excuses for them.
Anything to turn away from our own responsibilities.

th

That's why the people promoting the Global Warming crusade have to fly everywhere and have a fleet of limos at their beck and call, instead of simply teleconferencing and other online stuff, because they're responsible and lead by example right?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

No one contributes more to climate change from an american stand point than the US military which has studied, noted the reality of, and is actively planning for the ongoing threat of, while partisipating in exacerbating it further.

'Bout the same don'tcha think?

th

So you're saying the US military is leading the charge for the Global Warming agenda and having it followed religiously?

Since when???

*****SMILE*****

:)

Forum List

Back