Greetings by an italian guy

AlexIta93

Rookie
Feb 26, 2015
Hi, I am Alex (everyone in Italy asks me if it stands for "Alessio" or "Alessandro", but despite the fact that I'm fully italian my parents called me this way
icon_biggrin.gif
), I am 22 years old and I am interested in politics since I were more or less 12.

In particular, I am intrigued by the differences between american and italian politics, politcal culture and so on. For example the fact that a huge part of our cultural elite is communist, that a huge part of our population has fascist, communist or somewhat anti-democratic tendencies, and so on; while it seems to me that in USA this is far from the truth. And it is often said here that you don't have a left party, but a "far right" and a "right" party (who says this, often says the same about our left parties when they win elections and have to run a government). And I'm also intrigued by the differences between what liberalism is in Italy and what it is in USA.

Here we have a really poor liberal culture. Liberal is often used as synonymous of "conservative", of economics policies more like your republicans and libertarians ones than democrats ones; politicians who claims themselves as "liberal" are often against civil rights, or free market (or welfare state as well: they just want to cut taxes and to have their business go well, and not a correct competition).

Anyway, I love philosophy, science, writing, reading, role playing games, boardgames, videogames, and more than anything discussing ideas.

I apologize for the mistakes I have certainly made.

Bye!

Welcome. Start a thread and we can discuss.
true enough,welcome aboard alex.will be interesting to hear how politics are different in your country than ours..

all governments are corrupt but yours cant be as bad as ours is.

th

Alex......hope you have fun exploring our many forums. Be sure to visit our hangout..... The Cappucino Corral and let us get to know you. Drop in for a cup of coffee or just to chat....

Hi, I am Alex (everyone in Italy asks me if it stands for "Alessio" or "Alessandro", but despite the fact that I'm fully italian my parents called me this way
icon_biggrin.gif
), I am 22 years old and I am interested in politics since I were more or less 12.

In particular, I am intrigued by the differences between american and italian politics, politcal culture and so on. For example the fact that a huge part of our cultural elite is communist, that a huge part of our population has fascist, communist or somewhat anti-democratic tendencies, and so on; while it seems to me that in USA this is far from the truth. And it is often said here that you don't have a left party, but a "far right" and a "right" party (who says this, often says the same about our left parties when they win elections and have to run a government). And I'm also intrigued by the differences between what liberalism is in Italy and what it is in USA.

Here we have a really poor liberal culture. Liberal is often used as synonymous of "conservative", of economics policies more like your republicans and libertarians ones than democrats ones; politicians who claims themselves as "liberal" are often against civil rights, or free market (or welfare state as well: they just want to cut taxes and to have their business go well, and not a correct competition).

Anyway, I love philosophy, science, writing, reading, role playing games, boardgames, videogames, and more than anything discussing ideas.

I apologize for the mistakes I have certainly made.

Bye!
28302hrty0pl6gf.gif

:)

Forum List

Back