Great USA Women in Sports

AZGAL

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2016
Arid Zona
1519293368548.jpg Don't cry Canada: The latest: The tale of the 2 Jocelyn(s)- Jocelyne Lamoureux’s USA winning Olympic Hockey 2018 goal, - the Canadian taking off the Silver medal at Olympics. Olympic Women's Skating giants were in the past. USA Gymnastics winner Simone Biles: at Rio 2016, winning five medals in total, four of them gold. The USA National Women's Volleyball Team won first place against China in 2014 at Volleyball Women's World Championships. Monica Puig Tennis Star from Puerto Rico -summer Olympics in Rio, Puig won the gold in single women's tennis. World famous Serena Williams Tennis Star: (from Wikipedia: "Williams holds the most Grand Slam titles in singles, doubles, and mixed doubles combined amongst active players. Her record of 39 Grand Slam titles puts her 3rd on the all-time list and second in the Open Era: 23 in singles, 14 in women's doubles, and 2 in mixed doubles. She is the most recent female player to have held all four Grand Slam singles titles simultaneously (2002–03 and 2014–15)...Venus Williams: from Los Angeles a women's Tennis great and four-time Olympic gold medalist. Kerri Walsh Jennings and Misty May-Treanor dominate Women's Beach Volleyball for team USA winning several Gold medals and a Bronze medal in several Olympics. And, Danica Patrick: NASCAR’s most successful female driver and been named Indy's 2005 Indianapolis 500 Rookie of the Year.

Female athletes play in minor leagues where the competition is much easier. Like the paralympics. Only an idiot takes female athletes seriously.

Let's have senior olympics open only to those over 50. And then super-senior olympics for those over 70. And we need an amputee olympics and a blind olympics too.

One that I've only heard about from newspaper stories decades ago is Babe Zaharias.

Babe Didrikson Zaharias is arguably the greatest female athlete of all-time. She took up golf after years playing other sports, but quickly became one of the best ever in that sport, too.​

Another one was 3 time gold medalist Wilma Rudolph, who's story was famous during the 60's, she overcame childhood polio.

After five years of treatment, Wilma one day stunned her doctors when she removed her leg braces and walked by herself. Soon she was joining her brothers and sisters in basketball games in the Rudolph backyard and running street races against other children her age. "By the time I was 12," she told the Chicago Tribune, "I was challenging every boy in our neighborhood at running, jumping, everything."​

One that I've only heard about from newspaper stories decades ago is Babe Zaharias.

Babe Didrikson Zaharias is arguably the greatest female athlete of all-time. She took up golf after years playing other sports, but quickly became one of the best ever in that sport, too.​

Another one was 3 time gold medalist Wilma Rudolph, who's story was famous during the 60's, she overcame childhood polio.

After five years of treatment, Wilma one day stunned her doctors when she removed her leg braces and walked by herself. Soon she was joining her brothers and sisters in basketball games in the Rudolph backyard and running street races against other children her age. "By the time I was 12," she told the Chicago Tribune, "I was challenging every boy in our neighborhood at running, jumping, everything."​

And yet neither of them could beat the top men. Women sports is minor league. THINK

And yet neither of them could beat the top men. Women sports is minor league. THINK

THOUGHT... And none of those top men could beat an average cheetah.

Forum List

Back