Great Speech.

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
I thought it would be okay but this was better. President Obama really hit the mark with this one.

Surprisingly enough Canter was on a few shows and it looks like hes on board with alot of the proposals.

:eusa_eh:

Pass the bill we have to pass the bill .... 17 times
As of this morning no one has a bill yet!

What a lying piece of shit !!!!

I thought it would be okay but this was better. President Obama really hit the mark with this one.

Surprisingly enough Canter was on a few shows and it looks like hes on board with alot of the proposals.

It was a horrible speech. The ineligible usurper said "pass this bill" over 17 times.

Obama did well however, you have to admit we need improvement soon. Obama cant just keep sounding the part and not produce.

its time for the gloves to come off, right now, last night gave me the feeling like im excited again. been a while since I can say that.

F Cantor, hes a douche. Im a bit more interested in what Bohner and McConnell have to say.

So what is spending 447 billion of money we don't have going to accomplish that spending 873 billion of money we don't have didn't already?

Obama did well however, you have to admit we need improvement soon. Obama cant just keep sounding the part and not produce.

its time for the gloves to come off, right now, last night gave me the feeling like im excited again. been a while since I can say that.

F Cantor, hes a douche. Im a bit more interested in what Bohner and McConnell have to say.

This was the last olive branch.

It was well played. This is a marathon effort not a sprint. He's set himself up to look good regardless of what congress does.

As speeches go, he would get an A for effort and an "F" for same ol stuff. Stimullus again and he doesn't have the money....the commission will find it. Right.

He admitted last time there were no"shovel ready" projects but he's trying that again?

What if he found a project for every out of work construction guy....then what? When they were done with that they go on the unemployment rolls again? No band aids we need manufacturing to come back to the states so the economy can come alive here again.

So what is spending 447 billion of money we don't have going to accomplish that spending 873 billion of money we don't have didn't already?

This meme is becoming tiresome.

Somehow we have money to prosecute a war in Afghanistan, maintain some 700 bases globally, provide a military for Israel, Jordan, Egypt and many other countries while spending more then the rest of the world combine to keep ourselves armed to the teeth against some vague threat..but we can not repair our infrastructure or put people to work.

yeah..we got it.

Somehow we have money to prosecute a war in Afghanistan, maintain some 700 bases globally, provide a military for Israel, Jordan, Egypt and many other countries while spending more then the rest of the world combine to keep ourselves armed to the teeth against some vague threat..but we can not repair our infrastructure or put people to work.

yeah..we got it.

I think we should finally be more aggressive in Afghanistan or bring our soldiers home. We provide bases around the globe for our own safety. We don't provide armies for other countries, but we give out money to other countries that should be stopped./

We are trillions in debt. We have to pay it down. We cannot go on payinmg stimulus after stimulus.

I have seen a few Witty conservatives on here Sallow. Actually quite a few of them. which is nice to see, IMO.

Obama is a politician, of course he will set himself up to look good! Im not wanting to see that, I want to see some positive improvement for the middle class.

and sad to say it, once again, the main problem with this sluggish economy, the housing market. Is still not on the table. Maybe the GOP can take the lead here and help Obama, I doubt it.

If Obama's plan was so dynamic, why did he wait so long in his career as president to unveil this and get us on the path to a great ec onomy again?

Oh, wait a minute. he did do it. earlier. Just bigger and it failed.

The definition of insanity is " doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."

Jackson, could you possible tell me the unemployment rate of Obama would have not "wasted" money? I would be very interested on knowing if you would support the unemployment that came with no stimulus.

to be clear, the stimulus sucks, we all hate it! however, im quite thankful for the job saved this far. thats just me.

yeah..we got it.

If you want to have the discussion about whether we should reduce our presense overseas or not get involved in Israel's problems, that's fine. Neither party is willing to have that discussion.

Fact is, we spend nearly a trillion on education on the Federal, State and Local level- far more than we do on the miltiary, and that doesn't include private expendatures.

We spend 274 billion a year on transportation projects at the state and local level alone. 320 billion on police and fire protection.

Government Spending in United States: Federal State Local 2011 - Charts Tables History

Government spending makes up about 6 Trillion in a 14 trillion dollar economy... So please do not get here and try to tell me that.

1) The GOvernment isn't spending enough money on X

or

2) That spending another 447 billion on top of that is going to improve much of anything.

yeah..we got it.

I think we should finally be more aggressive in Afghanistan or bring our soldiers home. We provide bases around the globe for our own safety. We don't provide armies for other countries, but we give out money to other countries that should be stopped./

We are trillions in debt. We have to pay it down. We cannot go on payinmg stimulus after stimulus.
We don't provide armies for other countries? What do WE spend on defense (as a percentage of our budget) compared to Japan, Germany, Italy, South Korea or any of the other foreign nations where we maintain military bases?

I have seen a few Witty conservatives on here Sallow. Actually quite a few of them. which is nice to see, IMO.

Obama is a politician, of course he will set himself up to look good! Im not wanting to see that, I want to see some positive improvement for the middle class.

and sad to say it, once again, the main problem with this sluggish economy, the housing market. Is still not on the table. Maybe the GOP can take the lead here and help Obama, I doubt it.

He's between a rock and a hard place. He was handed a pile of horse shit and a thimble to use to clean it up while the greek chorus chants "YOU'RE FAILING!".

So..the first stage is to pull the curtain on the chorus. He did that last night..without setting himself up as a combatant. Was a neat trick. I was surprised..I thought he was going to go negative. He didn't.

yeah..we got it.

If you want to have the discussion about whether we should reduce our presense overseas or not get involved in Israel's problems, that's fine. Neither party is willing to have that discussion.

Fact is, we spend nearly a trillion on education on the Federal, State and Local level- far more than we do on the miltiary, and that doesn't include private expendatures.

We spend 274 billion a year on transportation projects at the state and local level alone. 320 billion on police and fire protection.

Government Spending in United States: Federal State Local 2011 - Charts Tables History

Government spending makes up about 6 Trillion in a 14 trillion dollar economy... So please do not get here and try to tell me that.

1) The GOvernment isn't spending enough money on X

or

2) That spending another 447 billion on top of that is going to improve much of anything.

This is tiresome too.

Entitlement spending on vets isn't scored as military spending. That is scored as entitlement spending. Take that away and lump it on military spending would be a huge deduction to the entitlement spending and a huge addition to military spending.

The military industrial complex in this country is vast. We are in some pile of shit war nearly every year.

And you're right..neither party seriously discusses this.

It's very very expensive.

Forum List

Back