GREAT: S&P Hits Record High, Equals Longest-Ever Bull Run...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
Trump Economy rollin along. :thup:

The benchmark S&P 500 touched a record high on Tuesday and equaled its longest-ever bull-market run, as U.S. stocks rose on earnings reports in the consumer sector and relative calm in the trade dispute between the United States and China.

The S&P <.SPX> rose as much as 0.6 percent to a record intraday high of 2,873.23 points, topping its previous record high of 2,872.87 on Jan. 26, though it closed below both those marks.

The index's bull-market run is now 3,452 days old and on Wednesday would become the longest such streak in history.

Trade-sensitive industrial stocks rose for the fourth consecutive session as investors remained optimistic that the United States and China could move closer to settling their trade dispute. The S&P 500 industrial index <.SPLRCI> rose 0.8 percent.

S&P touches record high, equals longest-ever bull run
DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

What is it you don't understand about stock buybacks? You had best know to get out in time.

The benchmark S&P 500 touched a record high on Tuesday and equaled its longest-ever bull-market run, as U.S. stocks rose on earnings reports in the consumer sector and relative calm in the trade dispute between the United States and China.

The S&P <.SPX> rose as much as 0.6 percent to a record intraday high of 2,873.23 points, topping its previous record high of 2,872.87 on Jan. 26, though it closed below both those marks.

The index's bull-market run is now 3,452 days old and on Wednesday would become the longest such streak in history.

Trade-sensitive industrial stocks rose for the fourth consecutive session as investors remained optimistic that the United States and China could move closer to settling their trade dispute. The S&P 500 industrial index <.SPLRCI> rose 0.8 percent.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

The 'Bull Market' you refer to started in April 2009. And it has little to do with Obama or Trump. It's because of the Fed. If you do not know that or know why...than you should not be commenting about these things (unless looking ignorant is a hobby of yours).

iu

Dow Jones - 10 Year Daily Chart

BTW - thanks to Trump's insane tariffs...the S&P 500 has lost 9+ points since January 26, 2018. If you want to call a flat equity market over almost 7 months great...go ahead. You will look a fool...but go ahead.

.SPX: S&P 500 Index - Stock Quote and News - CNBC

Tell us all how great the economy is going when a) Trump has balanced the budget; b) interest rates are back to historic norms; and c) the Fed has completely unwound it's balance sheet.
(and change the name 'Obama' for Trump' - and I said the same thing when the former was in office and the equity markets were booming.)

The equity markets are 'artificially' propped up.

Last edited:

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

So, you are celebrating the S&P being stagnant since Jan?

Then you give Trump credit for a bull-market run that he has been president during less than 20% of?

I often wonder if it sucks to go through life as a mindless partisan sheep or if it is blissful being this ignorant. You seem pretty happy so maybe it is the latter.

All of the economic indicators that matter are clearly pointing to a down market ahead.
Which has nothing to do with Trump...either way

Thank you very much, Mr. Obama.

If you want to keep it going, ratchet back those tariffs, Mr. Trump.

Great news, but this fun will almost certainly crash. Gains like this are unsustainable and not even the God Emperor can maintain them.

Of course, Trump is a god sent for the economy.

Great news, but this fun will almost certainly crash. Gains like this are unsustainable and not even the God Emperor can maintain them.

Gains like this? What fucking gains?

The S&P is stagnant since Jan and you are cheering for the gains!

:21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21:

Last year Trump made a record, SnP up on every month of the year!

Now, if he wanted to truly make an impossible record he would make you not clueless, but that even he can't do.

Now, if he wanted to truly make an impossible record he would make you not clueless, but that even he can't do.

That was last year, this is this year. Do try and keep up and quit living in the past.

That was last year, this is this year. Do try and keep up and quit living in the past.

The bull run has gone on for almost a decade. Why the fck should I care only about this year?

This level of IQ is simply incurable.

The bull run has gone on for almost a decade. Why the fck should I care only about this year?

Yes, the bull run has gone one for almost a decade and yet you give Trump credit for it all!

I love it when you sheep out yourself.

Yes, the bull run has gone one for almost a decade and yet you give Trump credit for it all!

Where did I give all the credit for Trump?

Can you please stop demonstrating your lack of intelligence? I know you are not smart, but this level of IQ even the retards possess. A retard also understands that Trump is god-sent for the economy.

Can you please stop demonstrating your lack of intelligence? I know you are not smart, but this level of IQ even the retards possess. A retard also understands that Trump is god-sent for the economy.

Ahh, poor wittle Trump sheep, one minute Trump is sent by the gods and the next you pretend you never said it.

Ahh, poor wittle Trump sheep, one minute Trump is sent by the gods and the next you pretend you never said it.

I never said that Trump is responsible for the entire bull run you cretin!

With these leftists it's impossible to have any civil conversation - they can't even read. Even if they do, they refuse to do so. And of course, they want more of these 80 IQ morons imported into the country to keep them company. A real problem we must deal with.

Forum List

Back