Great Musical quotes...

The difference between heavy metal and jazz is that heavy metal is five chords played in from of 15,000 people, while jazz is 15,000 chords played in front of five people...

“Music is the universal language of mankind.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
“Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music.” – Sergei Rachmaninoff
“The easiest way to avoid wrong notes is to never open your mouth and sing. What a mistake that would be.” – Pete Seeger

25-Quote-8-1.png

Music is like a dream. One that I cannot hear.” ― Ludwig van Beethove
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato
Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” ― Keith Richards

“There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ― Albert Schweitzer
Where words fail, music speaks.” ― Hans Christian Andersen
Music is … A higher revelation than all Wisdom & Philosophy” ― Ludwig van Beethoven

“A man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of his life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful which God has implanted in the human soul.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence.” ― Leopold Stokowski
“I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things.” ― Tom Waits

“If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or music, then in that respect you can call me that… I believe in what I do, and I’ll say it.” ― John Lennon
“Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST.” ― Frank Zappa
“Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.” ― Frank Zappa

“Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” ― Robert Fripp
“Music is an outburst of the soul.” ― Frederick Delius
“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.” ― Frank Zappa

"As for us, I’m really excited to keep working with Andy and I just can’t wait for this COVID madness to be over so we can go back out on the road."
Five Finger Death Punch vocalist Ivan Moody on new guitarist Andy James.

“If it sounds good, it is good.”

I think it was Louis Armstrong or Duke Ellington.

"Storms make trees take deeper roots."-Dolly Parton

"All I do is play music and golf. Which one do you want me to give up?"-Willie Nelson

God bless you and them and our other country music legends who are still here always!!!

Holly

P.S. In my opinion, way too many went forward this year: Joe Diffie, Hal Ketchum, Kenny Rogers, Charlie Daniels, Mac Davis, John Prine.......forgive me if I have forgotten about any.

"Looking at the rider for the Back Street Boys gave me new appreciation.....for myself."-Trace Adkins at the end of his first season of the Celebrity Apprentice

God bless you and Trace always!!!

Holly (a day one fan of him)

P.S. Trace says that at the 1:17 mark of the clip. :D :D :D

Forum List

Back