Great Musical quotes...

Ridgerunner

'Ole Wise One'
Apr 20, 2016
Honolulu, Hawaii
Come on you knuckleheads lets dig deep and come up with some of the words of wisdom that makes the musicians who they are...

There are two kinds of men in the world...
those who have a crush on Linda Ronstadt and those who have never heard of her...
----- Willie Nelson -----

1606255889205.png

“Works of art make rules; rules do not make works of art.” – Claude Debussy

“There was no one near to confuse me, so I was forced to become original.” – Franz Joseph Haydn

“A creative artist works on his next composition because he was not satisfied with his previous one.”
– Dmitri Shostakovich

“I would rather write 10,000 notes than a single letter of the alphabet.” – Ludwig van Beethoven
“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
“Imagination creates reality.” – Richard Wagner

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
The wise musicians are those who play what they can master.” – Duke Ellington
“Musicians don’t retire; they stop when there’s no more music in them.” – Louis Armstrong
“I’m trying to keep a level head. You have to be careful out in the world. It’s so easy to get turned.” – Elvis Presley

“If music be the food of love, play on, Give me excess of it; that surfeiting, The appetite may sicken, and so die.”

~ William Shakespeare

“Musicians want to be the loud voice for so many quiet hearts.” – Billy Joel
“Despite everything, no one can dictate who you are to other people.” – Prince
“We’re musicians. We make music for a living. It’s that simple. Nothing else matters.” -Eddie Van Halen

“What’s money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to
bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.” – Bob Dylan
“Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.” – John Lennon

“I merely took the energy it takes to pour and wrote some blues.” – Duke Ellington
“I haven’t understood a bar of music in my life, but I have felt it.” – Igor Stravinsky
“My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require.” – Edward Elgar

“Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don’t live it, it won’t come out of your horn.” – Charlie Parker
“Music drives you. It wakes you up, it gets you pumping. And, at the end of the day, the correct tune will chill you down.” – Dimebag Darrell
“I adore art… when I am alone with my notes, my heart pounds and the tears stream from my eyes, and my emotion and my joys are too much to bear.” – Guiseppe Verdi

Forum List

Back