Gravity storage for renewables

I don't know why they don't just drill holes in the ground instead of building towers of steel for a path for the weight to be lowered. I guess that's my own thing though :)

Thanks, but one thing I don't like about youtube videos is that it took about 6 minutes before he got to the point of using solid masses rather than water. Youtube videos are always too verbose. But nevertheless the concept is great and the 85% efficiency is impressive.

If they used wind power it would be better if the windmill did not convert energy to electricity to run a motor to convert electricity to gravitational potential. If the windmill directly lifted the weight mechanically there would be better efficiency. This was done on farms for irrigation centuries ago. I wonder why it is in disfavor now.

I don't know why they don't just drill holes in the ground instead of building towers of steel for a path for the weight to be lowered. I guess that's my own thing though :)
It costs less to build the tower. However, if you had watched the video, some are proposing using old mine shafts in that manner.

Such a flawed, stupid idea I'm amazed you even offered it! :21:

So now you are going to use 2x electricity during the day to get back x electricity at night! :auiqs.jpg:

That's not a "battery," it is an energy dispurser.

That is, assuming you even have mountains and water to begin with! :lmao:
So typical of this dumb as, watched a couple of minutes of the video and thinks he know everything that was in it. Once again displays his willful ignorance.

Thanks, but one thing I don't like about youtube videos is that it took about 6 minutes before he got to the point of using solid masses rather than water. Youtube videos are always too verbose. But nevertheless the concept is great and the 85% efficiency is impressive.

If they used wind power it would be better if the windmill did not convert energy to electricity to run a motor to convert electricity to gravitational potential. If the windmill directly lifted the weight mechanically there would be better efficiency. This was done on farms for irrigation centuries ago. I wonder why it is in disfavor now.
You would have to build a tower for every mill. And you would have transmission losses on both the generation of the wind turbines and the gravity storage. Also, would not work when the wind was not blowing.

It costs less to build the tower. However, if you had watched the video, some are proposing using old mine shafts in that manner.
Yeah but if you drilled maybe 50 2 foot diameter holes about 200 feet deep, you could get the same effect and would have saved on the steel to build towers.

So typical of this dumb as, watched a couple of minutes of the video and thinks he know everything that was in it. Once again displays his willful ignorance.
There was more about tidal generation in Korea in the first couple minutes of that claptrap than there was about your bullshit generator. Keep on going to those OR schools, maybe you can come up with a great idea like the Simpsons or Nike, OR hasn't produced anything else except BLM/Antifa rioters.

There was more about tidal generation in Korea in the first couple minutes of that claptrap than there was about your bullshit generator. Keep on going to those OR schools, maybe you can come up with a great idea like the Simpsons or Nike, OR hasn't produced anything else except BLM/Antifa rioters.
OK, you are very welcome not to visit magnificent Oregon.

Plus, it wouldn't trash the aesthetics of the area--Old Rocks in His Head doesn't care about the aesthetic environmental damage.
Ah yes, and this is so aesthetically pleasing;
1637977759810.png

The tower is easier to build and maintain.
You could drill a hole for a house and weight in the form of steel rods be lowered one at a time when you neeed the energy. It would be usefule with climate change to have a personal way of powering your home by recharging the battery on your own.

You would have to build a tower for every mill. And you would have transmission losses on both the generation of the wind turbines and the gravity storage. Also, would not work when the wind was not blowing.
I was referring to irrigation for farms. I am surprised that you can still buy windmills for irrigation and livestock today from vendors. They look almost similar to those in I saw as a kid in the Midwest.

You could drill a hole for a house and weight in the form of steel rods be lowered one at a time when you neeed the energy. It would be usefule with climate change to have a personal way of powering your home by recharging the battery on your own.
Plus by having individual battery's at each home, the power plant could store energy over a wide scale, this would be useful for storing energy during low energy usage times.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back