Grandson Vail Co. ski resort killed in avalanche

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
Pretty weird that the heir apparent of the incredible Vail Colorado ski dynasty and the grandson of the co-founder of the modern ski industry who grew up literally on the slopes of Vail Co. was killed on the slopes in an avalanche. Wouldn't you think that a 24 year old would have enough sense to wear the incredible avalanche protection gear that is available to the public after a person was killed last year in the same off slope area? Apparently it's a horrible way to die when your encased in a coffin of ice and you can't move until you die.

A member at my church has a brother who worked at that facility. For some reason his parents felt compelled to pray for his protection. Not soon after he got off from work and got home, he told his parents that there had been an avalanche that day, and someone had been swept 200 feet down the mountain.

It was crazy, those parents were praying at the exact same time that avalanche occurred. It sent chills up my spine.

Pretty weird that the heir apparent of the incredible Vail Colorado ski dynasty and the grandson of the co-founder of the modern ski industry who grew up literally on the slopes of Vail Co. was killed on the slopes in an avalanche. Wouldn't you think that a 24 year old would have enough sense to wear the incredible avalanche protection gear that is available to the public after a person was killed last year in the same off slope area? Apparently it's a horrible way to die when your encased in a coffin of ice and you can't move until you die.

Oh, how awful. Kids that young often don't use much common sense. They don't realize how vulnerable they are; they drive too fast, take drugs, get drunk to the point of unconsciousness, etc. They take all kinds of chances.

A member at my church has a brother who worked at that facility. For some reason his parents felt compelled to pray for his protection. Not soon after he got off from work and got home, he told his parents that there had been an avalanche that day, and someone had been swept 200 feet down the mountain.

It was crazy, those parents were praying at the exact same time that avalanche occurred. It sent chills up my spine.

You even describe it s crazy. Consider that.

I am available for adoption.

Forum List

Back