Gracious or "sour grapes?"

How well has the Republican Party handled itself after the 2006 election?

• Very graciously

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Somewhat graciously

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Somewhat childishly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very childishly

• Other (please detail in post)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CockySOB

VIP Member
May 20, 2006
Midwest USA
With the recent election cycle, the Democrats have slight majority control of both the House of Representatives and the Senate.

How many of you think the Republicans (and the conservatives) have been gracious in defeat, and how many think that they have a "sour grapes" mentality towards the Democrats?

I would ask that those voting also post content supporting their opinion.

My own opinion is that the Republicans have been very gracious thus far, primarily because they aren't litigating, bitching and moaning the way the Democrats did after the 2000, 2002, and 2004 election cycles. The Republican Party seems more intent on self-evaluation than in trying to lay blame on the Democrats.

My own opinion is that the Republicans have been very gracious thus far, primarily because they aren't litigating, bitching and moaning the way the Democrats did after the 2000, 2002, and 2004 election cycles. The Republican Party seems more intent on self-evaluation than in trying to lay blame on the Democrats.

I agree.

Republicans have been very gracious. Unlike Dems, there have ben no excuses like the election was stolen, vote fraud, etc.

Around 9:00AM on election day, Howie Dean bellowed who there were reports of apparent fraud on the part of Republicans. What ever happened to those "reports"?

While there will always be those that are not, overall the GOP folks have been very gracious. Allen didn't demand a recount. In every case I know of, after the ballots were all counted, the calls were made and congratulations and offers of support were delivered.

Bush has already hosted Pelosi and Reid at the WH and said he will try to work with them.

With the recent election cycle, the Democrats have slight majority control of both the House of Representatives and the Senate.

How many of you think the Republicans (and the conservatives) have been gracious in defeat, and how many think that they have a "sour grapes" mentality towards the Democrats?

I would ask that those voting also post content supporting their opinion.

I'd say overall Republicans have been very gracious; especially, compared to how the Dems acted in defeat.

I will have to add that with the exception of the few, even here on this board, the libs overall have kept the gloating to a minimum. I WOULD like to attribute something positive to the reason.

Now if you were change the question to how "gracious" conservatives/Republicans have been to one another in defeat, I'd have to do a 180 on the response.

Forum List

Back