Gov't Regulations

Here's one....
In the state of Iowa, if a man and a woman live together without the benefit of marriage and even if there no children produced between them but the woman had children living with her at the time the cohabitation began, the man can be held liable for the minor children should the relationship end and the cohabitation terminated.
In other words, the boyfriend could end up supporting another man's kids. WTF!!!!!

Here's one....
In the state of Iowa, if a man and a woman live together without the benefit of marriage and even if there no children produced between them but the woman had children living with her at the time the cohabitation began, the man can be held liable for the minor children should the relationship end and the cohabitation terminated.
In other words, the boyfriend could end up supporting another man's kids. WTF!!!!!
Your silly gov't at work.

Correction on one point:

RE: Texas bill passed in 2008 requiring PI l license was referring to anyone who RETRIEVES data from a computer
to analyze and report to a third party. See below:

Bill author: Computer techs don't need a private eye license

[Note: Folks who repair computers for a living are concerned about reports that their work now requires a private investigator’s license. R.G. Ratcliffe of the Houston Chronicle’s Austin bureau looked into the matter and found it’s not necessarily so. — D.S.]
mobocable2%20(Custom)_5.jpg
Personal computer repair companies in Texas are worried that a law passed last year will force them to obtain private investigator licenses if they retrieve data from computers.
But state Rep. Joe Driver, R-Garland, the author of House Bill 2833, said the computer technicians are misinterpreting his law.
Driver said a lawsuit filed for the computer technicians last week in Travis County district court by the Institute for Justice Texas Chapter was nothing more than a publicity stunt intended to bring attention to a new advocacy organization.
The law says anyone who retrieves data from a computer, analyzes it and makes a report to a third party must obtain a private investigator’s license.

Last edited:
Here's one....

Look up spousal privilege or marital privilege
to find out what your state's policies or exceptions are on not forcing married couples to testify against each other:
“What’s Love got to do with it?” - Spousal Privilege in CO. - Colorado Springs Divorce Attorney Blog

Then don't cohabit.

So, if they don't like the ridiculous regulation, they should alter their personal behavior? Government is now in the middle of your relationships.

Usually, the left tells us it's society's responsibility to raise children even when both parents are alive and able-bodied but just don't work.

If a person does work, the left loves making regulations that are designed to separate people from their property and money.

Then don't cohabit.

So, if they don't like the ridiculous regulation, they should alter their personal behavior? Government is now in the middle of your relationships.

Usually, the left tells us it's society's responsibility to raise children even when both parents are alive and able-bodied but just don't work.

If a person does work, the left loves making regulations that are designed to separate people from their property and money.
Oh, give it up, clemmie. The far right does not care about people at all.

Then don't cohabit.

Oh, give it up, clemmie. The far right does not care about people at all.

JakeStarkey
Yes and no. I just found out a friend of mine who is VERY good at business
might have the mindset of business people who are "sociopathic" in that they don't feel emotions for other people and let that get in the way of business.
Instead, however, they look at what can benefit both people, what makes sense financially.

So it appears they don't care in terms of emotionally.
But in other terms, such as financial health, yes, they care, but may "express it differently" if they are not as socially empathetic.

I had read two books about this new approach of seeing the benefits of a sociopathic mindset,
and now I find one of my friends may have this mindset. He is substituting financial ways of seeing
what is a problem and what is a solution, but doesn't bleed out emotionally like I do when I "feel" people's suffering emotionally.

Then don't cohabit.
Yeah just let the fucking government tell you what to do in your private life

Hey why don't we just have the government tell us what to eat, what to set our thermostats at, what we drive, where we live, when we shit etc

That would be utopia for a retard like you wouldn't it?

Yeah just let the fucking government tell you what to do in your private life

Hey why don't we just have the government tell us what to eat, what to set our thermostats at, what we drive, where we live, when we shit etc

That would be utopia for a retard like you wouldn't it?

That day is a coming
I know I'm just glad I'll be dead and gone when it does

The problem with laws that control private property is that it kind of violates our sense of control over it which inhibits our desire to use it for our own purpose. Who likes giving up control over anything or having to ask our neighbor if we can do with our stuff the things we want to do with it. What would be the fun in that?

The problem with laws that control private property is that it kind of violates our sense of control over it which inhibits our desire to use it for our own purpose. Who likes giving up control over anything or having to ask our neighbor if we can do with our stuff the things we want to do with it. What would be the fun in that?
the thing is it's already like that

I have to get a variance to put an addition on a building it's going to cost me over 1500 in fees to the state as well as the cost for surveys and I have to notify everyone within 200 feet of any portion of my property lines in writing just to put an addition on my own building that won't even be seen from the fucking road

There has to be a lot more than 12 ridiculous regulations. Pols and government bureaucrats use regulations to protect their donors...big corps love regulations. More proof of a corrupt incompetent central government.

The Federal Register is a daily digest published by the federal government since 1936. It contains proposed regulations from agencies, finalized rules, notices, corrections, and presidential documents. The 1936 Federal Register was 2,620 pages long. It has grown steadily since then, with the 2012 edition weighing in at 78,961 pages (it has topped 60,000 pages every year for the last 20 years).
The towering Federal Register

Stupid and bad regulations are caused by legislatures that don't do their jobs, both on state and federal levels. As populations grow society become more and more dependent on regulations to keep people safe from the irresponsible and negligent members of society. As the importance of oversight and changing regulations to fit the times become more and more important, our federal legislatures, the Congress, works less and less, spending a ridiculously small amount of time on the job. The Republican-controlled House of Representatives goes home every weekend and is lucky to work three days a week.

The United States has now dropped to #11 in the world regarding freedom and business due to our massive over-regulation...

New Topics

Forum List

Back