Governor Romney AWOL!

Aug 7, 2012
BOSTON — When the ceiling collapsed in the Big Dig tunnel here, Gov. Mitt Romney was at his vacation home in New Hampshire. When the Bush administration warned that the nation was at high risk of a terror attack in December 2003, he was at his Utah retreat. And for much of the time the legislature was negotiating changes to his landmark health care bill, he was on the road.'

'During Mr. Romney’s four-year term as governor of Massachusetts, he cumulatively spent more than a year — part or all of 417 days — out of the state, according to a review of his schedule and other records. More than 70 percent of that time was spent on personal or political trips unrelated to his job, a New York Times analysis found.

Mr. Romney, now the Republican presidential nominee, took lengthy vacations and weekend getaways. But much of his travel was to lay the groundwork for the presidential ambitions he would pursue in the 2008 election, two years after leaving office.'

LINK

BOSTON — When the ceiling collapsed in the Big Dig tunnel here, Gov. Mitt Romney was at his vacation home in New Hampshire. When the Bush administration warned that the nation was at high risk of a terror attack in December 2003, he was at his Utah retreat. And for much of the time the legislature was negotiating changes to his landmark health care bill, he was on the road.'

'During Mr. Romney’s four-year term as governor of Massachusetts, he cumulatively spent more than a year — part or all of 417 days — out of the state, according to a review of his schedule and other records. More than 70 percent of that time was spent on personal or political trips unrelated to his job, a New York Times analysis found.

Mr. Romney, now the Republican presidential nominee, took lengthy vacations and weekend getaways. But much of his travel was to lay the groundwork for the presidential ambitions he would pursue in the 2008 election, two years after leaving office.'

LINK

Wow, I guess he took his cue from the amount of time Obama spent campaigning while a senator.

CaféAuLait;6155912 said:
Wow, I guess he took his cue from the amount of time Obama spent campaigning while a senator.

SMFH. So any bad performance by Romney as Gov. is Obama's fault. :eusa_eh:

I don't want to hear another word about the liberals supposedly blaming everything on Bush.

CaféAuLait;6155912 said:

I don't want to hear another word about the liberals supposedly blaming everything on Bush.

how could we ...they havent stopped. let me know when they stop first. than we can talk.

CaféAuLait;6155912 said:

Dude that's apples and oranges...liberals like you blamed Bush for a hurricane........

LINK

Tissue?......

CaféAuLait;6155912 said:

Dude that's apples and oranges...liberals like you blamed Bush for a hurricane........

Oh, that's different, somehow.

BTW, I'm not a liberal, and I never blamed Bush for a hurricane.

LINK

Maybe that's part of why he left office with a 34% approval rating...

LINK

Courseofhistory,

How about you do this being the troll you are, how about you flood the first page of the "Politics" forum with Romney hate posts? Oh, wait, between you and that feminazi LilOlFeminazi, you do!!

I couldn't help but notice your source for this information was the NY Times. So, I will address the issue that your link can not be construed as unbiased and fair, and is nothing more than an agenda driven hack article. Here, here we go...July 25, 2004:

"Is The New York Times a Liberal Newspaper" by public editor Daniel Okrent:

By DANIEL OKRENT
Published: July 25, 2004

OF course it is.

The fattest file on my hard drive is jammed with letters from the disappointed, the dismayed and the irate who find in this newspaper a liberal bias that infects not just political coverage but a range of issues from abortion to zoology to the appointment of an admitted Democrat to be its watchdog. (That would be me.) By contrast, readers who attack The Times from the left -- and there are plenty -- generally confine their complaints to the paper's coverage of electoral politics and foreign policy.

I'll get to the politics-and-policy issues this fall (I want to watch the campaign coverage before I conclude anything), but for now my concern is the flammable stuff that ignites the right. These are the social issues: gay rights, gun control, abortion and environmental regulation, among others. And if you think The Times plays it down the middle on any of them, you've been reading the paper with your eyes closed.

But if you're examining the paper's coverage of these subjects from a perspective that is neither urban nor Northeastern nor culturally seen-it-all; if you are among the groups The Times treats as strange objects to be examined on a laboratory slide (devout Catholics, gun owners, Orthodox Jews, Texans); if your value system wouldn't wear well on a composite New York Times journalist, then a walk through this paper can make you feel you're traveling in a strange and forbidding world.

Start with the editorial page, so thoroughly saturated in liberal theology that when it occasionally strays from that point of view the shocked yelps from the left overwhelm even the ceaseless rumble of disapproval from the right.

Across the gutter, the Op-Ed page editors do an evenhanded job of representing a range of views in the essays from outsiders they publish -- but you need an awfully heavy counterweight to balance a page that also bears the work of seven opinionated columnists, only two of whom could be classified as conservative (and, even then, of the conservative subspecies that supports legalization of gay unions and, in the case of William Safire, opposes some central provisions of the Patriot Act).

Oh, and just in case you think I am bluffing, I will use the NY Times own link to prove I am correct:

https://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/25/opinion/the-public-editor-is-the-new-york-times-a-liberal-newspaper.html

So, you really think you have kicked a wild hog in the ass with this post of yours. Well, considering your source is the NY Times, sorry...I just won't take those political hacks seriously. However, how about we look into the Obama's $200 million a day vacation to India:

Obama's '$200m-a-day' India visit picked up by US taxpayers | Mail Online

I am not aware of Romney sticking it to the tax payers like the Obamas did with this. Then of course, how about all of Obama's time on the golf course. Or how about his going on TV shows instead of meeting with Benjamin Netanyahu? Or how about having beer summits to cover his ass because he shot first in regards to the Cambridge Police Department. Your attacks on Romney are of extreme desperation, they have no substance, you know what's coming but hope it doesn't come. Yeah...the choice is clear, we can either vote for a job creator with a high IQ in Romney or the village idiot in Obama.

CaféAuLait;6155912 said:

No, we blamed him for the botched response. We blamed him for the portrayal of our fellow Americans caught in that botched response as unworthy of concern.

Oh, that's different, somehow.

BTW, I'm not a liberal, and I never blamed Bush for a hurricane.

yeah you're not liberal, except on 99% of the issues.....I hear ya.....but it doesnt make you middle of the road

And blaming Bush is wwaaaaay different....We've blamed Obama for a horrible economy, and a disaster of a foreign policy, but we havent blamed him for weather, and not really for the oil spill...although we mock the "regulators" that liberals love, being in bed with corporations....who knew??? ;)

Locke, you're one smooth talking moron.

That is the best way I've seen someone say:

"You kicked my ass and I can't avoid that. So, I'll throw up some smoke."

:eusa_eh: He wasn't even talking to me, so how could he "kick my ass"?

Instead of trying to create something that isn't there maybe you should try to keep it simple stupid. While the merit of his reasoning was absent, I give him credit for a top notch delivery. I'm sure he could do well if he ran for office.

Forum List

Back