governor pardons missour couple who protecting themselves against blm

While it disappoints me to agree with Crepitus, Crepitus is correct. No pardon, whether Presidential or Governor, eliminates any crime committed. It only says they are free to go back to their lives. They did have to pay a fine, which they did. That in itself, just like paying a traffic ticket, is an admission of guilt, to some degree. The important thing is that they can go back to their lives as if this never happened......AND......get to keep their firearms for the next Communist mob.
Back when this all occurred, they should have just stayed in their homes, recording the actions of the mob and if the mob broke windows and otherwise damaged their property, they would have had ample evidence for an arrest and if the mob literally broke into their home, then they could have gunned them down as they came in.
No need to stay in their home and wait for the mob that had already damaged property to damage theirs. Once it starts, you don't know where it stops. They probably should not have pointed their weapons at the mob, but standing out on their own steps with weapons visible is quite acceptable, at least in the state in which I live.

They pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges in June, so crimes were committed.
They were railroaded into taking the plea. Just because some plead guilty doesn't always mean that an actual crime was committed. From what I saw, they committed no crime simply by standing on their property with their guns in sight. Can you imagine the shock that our nation's founders would have if they knew that people were being charged for standing on their own property while holding a gun? The fascist left cannot tolerate anyone that opposes the party.

While it disappoints me to agree with Crepitus, Crepitus is correct. No pardon, whether Presidential or Governor, eliminates any crime committed. It only says they are free to go back to their lives. They did have to pay a fine, which they did. That in itself, just like paying a traffic ticket, is an admission of guilt, to some degree. The important thing is that they can go back to their lives as if this never happened......AND......get to keep their firearms for the next Communist mob.
Back when this all occurred, they should have just stayed in their homes, recording the actions of the mob and if the mob broke windows and otherwise damaged their property, they would have had ample evidence for an arrest and if the mob literally broke into their home, then they could have gunned them down as they came in.
In the Supreme Court case of Ex Parte Garland, The Supreme Court ruled that being pardoned releases the punishment and blots out the existence of guilt. BUT.....in this case they accepted the misdemeanor charge and paid the fine. The pardon wasn't for the misdemeanor, but rather the more serious charge of "assault." The misdemeanor remains on the books.
No, incorrect. You could not, for example, get the 3 strike rule on a felony you were pardoned for. It no longer counts, and nothing in the pardon says "im super duper guilty, but im getting out of jail just cuz". In fact, pardons are issued for wrongly convicted people all the time.

You can't accept a pardon for a crime that wasn't committed. It's a tacit admission of guilt.

Sorry kid. That the way it works.
idiot. THEY did not accept a pardon. The Governor forced the Courts to accept it.

It's not a clean record. Accepting a pardon is an admission of guilt.
It's an admission that the laws have been broken down, and that our government is now railroading people despite the laws...They could have continue to fight, knowing that they broke no laws, but then they would have taken their chances with getting a woke jury and or judge who don't care about the laws either.

It's an admission that the laws have been broken down, and that our government is now railroading people despite the laws...They could have continue to fight, knowing that they broke no laws, but then they would have taken their chances with getting a woke jury and or judge who don't care about the laws either.
What were they charged with again?

"Laws have broken down" because people are getting pardoned after brandishing loaded weapons at peaceful marchers. They should be in jail, instead one of them is running for Congress.

They pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges in June, so crimes were committed.
When someone is coerced into pleading guilty they in fact did NOT commit the crime.
Wise up!
That's the sort of fucking bullshit that happens in Eastern European and third world countries.
Give me an hour with you pal and I'll get you to admit you stole Biden's stash of 'Teen Vogue' magazines.

No need to stay in their home and wait for the mob that had already damaged property to damage theirs. Once it starts, you don't know where it stops. They probably should not have pointed their weapons at the mob, but standing out on their own steps with weapons visible is quite acceptable, at least in the state in which I live.
The New Black Panthers showed up with semi automatic weapons at polling places and were never charged.

Forum List

Back