Government telling you how to heat/cool your home

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Photo-15-02-2019-15-47-14.jpg

When I lived in the barracks, the temperature was set and there was nothing we could do to change it. Now, the powers-to-be want to tell you how to heat and cool your homes. I wonder how many of these smart meters have been installed in business places.

Fox 5 NY is reporting that Energy Star, a federal program managed jointly by the Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency that provides information to consumers about energy efficiency is asking consumers to keep their temperatures set at 78 degrees Fahrenheit or higher.

According to Energy Star, keeping your central air thermostat set to 78 degrees is optimal for both cooling and energy efficiency, but this recommendation only applies to the times when you are home.

While you are away from the house during the day, you should keep the thermostat set to 85 degrees or higher.

While you sleep, Energy Star recommends keeping the temperature set at 82 degrees or higher.

We keep our home set at 79 all the time. (And I still have to put on a long-sleeve shirt or sweater because of the cold air blasting on me.)

More @ FEDS Suggest Optimum Temperature Citizens Should Maintain In Their Homes…A Slippery Slope?

Forum List

Back