Government Take-Over of Rental Housing

You must be completely Fn stupid or something.
I worry that one of us may be...
I told you once and I'll tell you again: I'm not going to answer some idiot that can't respond to a post without breaking it up into a hundred pieces.
Nonsense. You're not responding because I've consistently destroyed your ridiculous arguments.
I only discuss issues with those who have the intelligence to have a discussion with me.
In this regard you're woefully overmatched, but I'm still willing to try & break through.

What do you think should be done to avert the MASSIVE crises occasioned by the Democrat CovidScam and the illegal CDC eviction moratorium which followed?

Choke-slamming good, hard working people with unpayable rent increases is NOT the solution, btw, but the catalyst of ANOTHER, deeper, larger crisis.

It might become a very interesting fight. The ACLU vs Marxism.
Fantasy.
Years ago, the ACLU forced government run mental institutions to let out all mentally-ill patients that didn't want to be there. The result was a large increase of homeless people, too mentally-ill to work or behave normally.
Some truth to this.
Wish the left luck in their endeavor to get the nuts back into the institutions, since they prefer to walk around the streets gesturing and carrying on with invisible companions and prefer being under a freeway overpass, a large cardboard box, a tent, or just a plain stoop by the sidewalk. Then of course, there are what we used to call the Hobo's. They just like living by railroads so they can up and travel when a train passes through.
Non-responsive to topic.

We're on the verge of MASSIVE crises, and conservatives just want to cruelly judge the disadvantaged.

Not exactly a growth strategy, guys.

I remember the genesis of all this. Back in the mid 70's, Geraldo had his own television show. It was he who (as a lawyer) expressed the unconstitutionality of institutionalizing people who committed no crime. We were locking up people for doing nothing illegal. It gained momentum, got to the liberal courts, and they ruled that Geraldo was correct. The Constitution does not give government the authority to commit people into institutions who broke no laws.

The mental institutions didn't kick people out, but had to unlock their cells and doors for them to make their own decision whether they wanted to stay or not. Of course, most left.

Today in SF there are homeless camps that stretch for miles. They hand out poop maps for visitors and tourists. They reduced shoplifting under $950.00 to a misdemeanor which the police won't even come out for. Walgreens closed up all their stores in SF due to theft, and Target has early closing hours indicating they are on the same path as Walgreens. In Seattle, there is a street of homeless people selling products below store prices. They sell fine clothing, shoes, even high end alcohol beverages below store prices. Now gee, how did these homeless people get such a deal on such items without so much as a vendors license?

These are liberal policies in full force.
You think the worst elements of San Francisco are bad?

They're what the entire nation will look like after these MASSIVE housing crises unfold.

And all conservatives can do is troll and call good working class people being CRUSHED by unpayable rent increases lazy and worthless.

Veterans, the disabled, the elderly, nurses, teachers, caretakers - all lazy scum in the eyes of cruel, godless conservatives.

Jesus weeps, guys.

Now these people are taking tips from the lowlifes that protested our police that eventually led to riots.

This is NOTHING.

What we're going to see in the month/s ahead as these crises worsen is the complete breakdown of our society.

Of course I realize I'm saying this to people who would have cheered the Crucifixion, and demanded the imprisonment of the Disciples.

The eye of the needle awaits...

I am not a conservative.
Uh-huh.
What crises?
You're about to find out.
The Govt halted evictions and gave lazy people free money and now in some states like MA, businesses cannot find workers.
It's a mess to be sure, and good, hard working people are being choke-slammed with unpayable rent increases by landlords as *thanks* for the *crime* of keeping them afloat for the last 18 months.

Jesus is watching.

From 1978 to 2018, CEO compensation grew by 1,007.5% (940.3% under the options-realized measure), far outstripping S&P stock market growth (706.7%) and the wage growth of very high earners (339.2%). In contrast, wages for the typical worker grew by just 11.9%.
It's unsustainable.

The bastille is about to be stormed, and all conservatives can do is sneer and spew hate - "Let them eat cake!" their beloved mantra.

You can click your heels as much as you want but you won’t land in Kansas
Nonsensical reply.
let me see if I can get a fact answer from you-
Fact answer?
where does your “basic human right” theory come to an end?
What does this mean?
You feel it covers housing and does it end at food?
Both are human rights.
Or clothing?
By convention and cold weather, clothing is not optional.
Or a car?
Not a basic right; what a ridiculous question.
Or gas for the car?
See above.
Or utilities ?
To some extent.
Or bill payments ?
What bills?
Or vacation?
Ridiculous question; essentially trolling.
Or pet care?
See above.
Or Never?
See above.

He has no idea what a right even is.
Fallacious/irrelevant trolling/personal attack.
If somebody is to provide objects of comfort to a person under the guise it's a right, then somebody has to provide those objects which costs money.
Nonsensical/fallacious.
A right is not something that you feel deserving of at the cost to others who don't even know you.
See above.

I DON'T GET IT PEOPLE ACTUALLY MADE MORE STAYING HOME THAN WORKING
Generalization; false to a great extent.
AND ARE STILL ON THE VERGE OF GETTING KICKED OUT OF THEIR RENTAL HOMES?
Presumption of facts not in evidence.
How about the landlords?
Hard to know who to feel sympathetic for - investors who may lose some money, or people who may lose their homes...
where is there relief?
See above.
they still had to pay their property taxes and utilies with no money coming in.
See above.
KICK THEM OUT
See above.

Generalization; false to a great extent.

Presumption of facts not in evidence.

Hard to know who to feel sympathetic for - investors who may lose some money, or people who may lose their homes...

See above.

See above.

See above.
My summation of your response is that you are an idiot
People are going to be evicted because of failure to pay their rent. there is nothing false about that.
And why are they behind in their rent when after all they made more money not working than if they had worked? Never allow a good crisis to go to waste
These irresponsible morons would be getting evicted it appears because they would not have been able to pay their rent on the money they made while working.

That is fine as long as to government owns the housing they are providing or owners are contributing to the system voluntarily like in Section 8. However, what this all boils down to is they want to tell me what property I can buy and who I can rent it to and for what price so they can go to hell.
Where does the Government get it's money from ?

My summation of your response is that you are an idiot
It's possible that one of us is. :)
People are going to be evicted because of failure to pay their rent.
Yes.
there is nothing false about that.
Obviously.
And why are they behind in their rent when after all they made more money not working than if they had worked?
Still a generalization & false to a great extent.
Never allow a good crisis to go to waste
What are you talking about?
These irresponsible morons would be getting evicted it appears because they would not have been able to pay their rent on the money they made while working.
Claim without evidence.

Yeah but not many people want to live in a mobile home.
Yeah, though like COVID-19, the definitions of “home” will change against what one wants vs. what one needs. That’s why mutating the traditionally understood definitions will free more people because they can take it small bits at a time. To think Japanese minimalist is now in style.

Forum List

Back