Government Take-Over of Rental Housing

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
Like health care or access to health care, those on the left are currently calling housing a “human right.” The National Economic and Social Rights Initiative (NESRI) says, “It is the government’s obligation to guarantee that everyone can exercise this right to live in security, peace, and dignity.” The book, In Defense of Housing argues against what it calls the commodification of housing, meaning the same thing: everyone is entitled to some kind of housing.

Prediction For 2030: A Government Take-Over of Rental Housing By Roger Valdez

I want my own castle!!

iu

Like health care or access to health care, those on the left are currently calling housing a “human right.” The National Economic and Social Rights Initiative (NESRI) says, “It is the government’s obligation to guarantee that everyone can exercise this right to live in security, peace, and dignity.” The book, In Defense of Housing argues against what it calls the commodification of housing, meaning the same thing: everyone is entitled to some kind of housing.

It won’t be just rentals. They will take your property as well as all commercial properties. They can’t make everyone equal if you’re allowed to own your own home.

That is fine as long as to government owns the housing they are providing or owners are contributing to the system voluntarily like in Section 8. However, what this all boils down to is they want to tell me what property I can buy and who I can rent it to and for what price so they can go to hell.

It won’t be just rentals. They will take your property as well as all commercial properties. They can’t make everyone equal if you’re allowed to own your own home.
By the time they remove me from it, I won't need it any longer. But to be fair, some of those who come for the eviction won't be needing housing any longer, either ;)

Good grief man, you want guns to be a fundamental right but not food, a place to live, and basic healthcare?

In other words the Democrats are passing laws to prevent slumlord from screwing over their tenants and the Republicans are mad about it.
In other words you are a childish simpleton.
You can make the same claim of anything, cars, food, air travel, colleges, etc.

Yayyy! The government is going to make everything swell!

Ask the people who have fled Cuba, N Korea, Venezuela. See how great things are there.

A nation of Section Eight homes. What a nightmare!

As the moratorium on evictions has expired, we're going to see the government get more involved in this.

Forum List

Back