Bob Blaylock

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2015
38°29′ North 121°26′ West
I posted this as a comment to something on Facebook, but thought it seemed like something that wanted to posted here, standing alone.
———
There is a quote commonly attributed to George Washington, but of dubious provenance, that very well sums up my attitude about government, and about police as agents of government.

“Government is not reason, it is not eloquence,—it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant, and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.”

We need government, Government serves an important purpose. But government is also very dangerous, and if We, the People, do not maintain careful and vigilant control over it, it can easily run amok, to our great detriment.

When evil people seek to engage in acts of theft, destruction, and violence, we want the government, we want the police, to have and to wield whatever power is necessary to put down these acts of criminality. But power corrupts, and we need to always be wary of the possibility of this power being turned against us.

I posted this as a comment to something on Facebook, but thought it seemed like something that wanted to posted here, standing alone.
———
There is a quote commonly attributed to George Washington, but of dubious provenance, that very well sums up my attitude about government, and about police as agents of government.

“Government is not reason, it is not eloquence,—it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant, and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.”

We need government, Government serves an important purpose. But government is also very dangerous, and if We, the People, do not maintain careful and vigilant control over it, it can easily run amok, to our great detriment.

When evil people seek to engage in acts of theft, destruction, and violence, we want the government, we want the police, to have and to wield whatever power is necessary to put down these acts of criminality. But power corrupts, and we need to always be wary of the possibility of this power being turned against us.

With government there is safety and oppression for everyone. Without government there is unlimited prey for everyone else.

Government is just a big gang who demands money and sometimes blood in exchange for protection; for a safe place to raise one's family. Without a sizeable and well armed government the enemies of our nation and way of life would roll in and do whatever they wanted to us. Without a government of any kind at all roving bands of raiders would happen by our homes, rape our wives, murder us and our children and confiscate our lives' work. The tradeoff is and always has been surrendering total freedom for protection and limited freedom.

The federal gub'mit having grown exponentially illicit's the 10ther's

The federal gub'mit being the creation of the states, not the other way round.....

c4c19b7ed52ced1a40db7b7aaf88538527868a289207acb7c2848ee3a4dfc7b7.jpg

~S~

Actually, the reason why we have these riots is because the police abused their power, killing people of color for petty offenses.

———

True. Unfortunately we, the people, have lost our vigilance and the government has lost its way.

———

I wouldnt blame our form of government for what the democrats and republicans have done to it,,,

• Banned
Actually, the reason why we have these riots is because the police abused their power, killing people of color for petty offenses.

No, the reason we have these riots is that there are too many people who have not been raised to behave any better, in times of stress, than as violent, destructive, subhuman animals.

Blaming anyone else for their own behavior is pure bullshit.

Reagan had it exactly right, long before most of these animals were even born, when he said, “We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.”

No, the reason we have these riots is that there are too many people who have not been raised to behave any better, in times of stress, than as violent, destructive, subhuman animals.

Uh, guy, reading your posts, I suspect you'd be the first one going nuts if society fell apart. You just have too many anger issues. But you have something to lose. They really don't.

Reagan had it exactly right, long before most of these animals were even born, when he said, “We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.”

This would be the same Ronald Reagan that let the Contras smuggle cocaine into this country and flood our streets with it? THAT Ronald Reagan?

Government is not reason, it is not eloquence,—it is force!

Uh, guy, reading your posts, I suspect you'd be the first one going nuts if society fell apart. You just have too many anger issues. But you have something to lose. They really don't.

This would be the same Ronald Reagan that let the Contras smuggle cocaine into this country and flood our streets with it? THAT Ronald Reagan?
Most people do not understand the reason or purpose of a society/government.

Humans are naturally at war with one another.

Society/government is a truce.

Who do you think is going to be more prepared for a breach of the truce, as your communist brothers wish?

Most people do not understand the reason or purpose of a society/government.

Humans are naturally at war with one another.

Society/government is a truce.

Who do you think is going to be more prepared for a breach of the truce, as your communist brothers wish?

I think you are on the right track. Government is a truce.

The problem is that this Truce favors the wealthy and white over the rest of us.

Forum List

Back