Government employees

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
Sorry Officer Manuel Torres, but you are 100% wrong. While nobody fully supports a private citizen on private property denying anyone service for any reason more than I do, when you take a position working for the government, you surrender your beliefs and constitutional rights while on the job.

A government employee cannot deny someone for any reason. All citizens are fully entitled to equal access and equal services from the government. Without exception.

North Carolina police officer suing after he says he was fired for following the 'Billy Graham Rule'

Sorry Officer Manuel Torres, but you are 100% wrong. While nobody fully supports a private citizen on private property denying anyone service for any reason more than I do, when you take a position working for the government, you surrender your beliefs and constitutional rights while on the job.

Does this include the president?

A government employee cannot deny someone for any reason. All citizens are fully entitled to equal access and equal services from the government. Without exception.

North Carolina police officer suing after he says he was fired for following the 'Billy Graham Rule'

If somebody's religious views keep them from doing their job, they need to find a new job.

Also, this is called the Billy Graham rule because there is no biblical basis for it

sorry but nothing can over ride our rights,,,

Does this include the president?
Why wouldn’t it?

Mike Pence is Vice President and he follows the Billy Graham rule

In your private life...you are 100% correct. But in your capacity as a government employee, you surrender those rights while on the job.
so government employees dont get due process or all the other rights???

I dont think so,,,

I do not think anyone is saying that, we are saying we do not think his grievance is legit.

I would take it a step further, public or private, if your religion keeps you from doing your job, you need to find a new job. It is not the employers responsibility to change things to accommodate your religious views.

In your private life...you are 100% correct. But in your capacity as a government employee, you surrender those rights while on the job.

I dont think so,,,

I do not think anyone is saying that, we are saying we do not think his grievance is legit.

I would take it a step further, public or private, if your religion keeps you from doing your job, you need to find a new job. It is not the employers responsibility to change things to accommodate your religious views.

that all depends on what your job is,,,and in this case it doesnt effect his job as a cop,,,

and with all the rabid feminist out there a man is better off if he doesnt put himself in a position like this

I dont think so,,,

People give up a lot of things to practice religion. You are supposed to make the sacrifice...not force it on others

that all depends on what your job is,,,and in this case it doesnt effect his job as a cop,,,

and with all the rabid feminist out there a man is better off if he doesnt put himself in a position like this

He refused to do his job, so clearly it effected his job.

This stupid, non biblical rule, would also keep him from ever having a female partner, which effects his job as a cop.

I dont think so,,,

People give up a lot of things to practice religion. You are supposed to make the sacrifice...not force it on others

Post of the day!

This stupid, non biblical rule, would also keep him from ever having a female partner, which effects his job as a cop.

when we get rid of all the muslim prayer rooms I will be OK with it,,,

it seems like its only christians that have to give in

Does a Muslim prayer room stop someone from doing their job?

This cop refused to do his job because of this view.

when they have to go there 5 times a day and get paid for it yes it does,,,

is that any different than smokers going out to smoke that many times a day

is that any different than smokers going out to smoke that many times a day

thats a dumb comparison,,,and not a right,,,

In my mind the answer to this should be found in the local police union contract. That document should lay out the expectations on training officers. It should also lay out exemptions and the process to employ them. There should not have been any opportunity to have a question about this.

On a personal level, I side with the training officer. In this day and age I go out of my way not to be alone with women in professional situations or if I do not know the individual very well. Too many instances of He sain - she said in courtrooms these days.

Mike Pence is Vice President and he follows the Billy Graham rule
You are going to find that test real important as Islamic men and women make up more and more of government jobs. Only unlike those no good Christians, they don't blink.

Forum List

Back