Goverment Health Ins Plans have subsidies, and we pay for them

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Remember people on the ACA pay taxes, and all of their FICA , they do not have their employers pitching in.

If you look to the far right, your will see what the gov subsidizes for health plans. That money comes from us
taxpayers. All gov. employees are subsidized by us, and we should be no different. If we want less spending in gov, lets quit subsidizing all Gov employee health insurance plans. That is what is really breaking the bank.

https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/healthcare/plan-information/premiums/2017/nonpostal-ffs.pdf

Last edited:
Other advanced nations have done much better with the issue of societal healthcare than we have, we simply refuse to learn from them and change.

The ACA isn't going away. Even after all of Trump's rhetoric about repealing it, The main things will remain, and some changes will be put into effect. I expect they will make a big deal about giving it another name, but the parts that work will remain, and some of the parts that need fixing will be fixed. We all knew it wasn't perfect to start with, and needed adjusting. Other than that, they will have changed nothing.

The ACA isn't going away. Even after all of Trump's rhetoric about repealing it, The main things will remain, and some changes will be put into effect. I expect they will make a big deal about giving it another name, but the parts that work will remain, and some of the parts that need fixing will be fixed. We all knew it wasn't perfect to start with, and needed adjusting. Other than that, they will have changed nothing.

Not if Ryan gets his way.

Not if Ryan gets his way.

True, but I don't think Ryan has as much control as he would like.

Forum List

Back